TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Danny Cowley will be on Talksport in a bit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Talking to Jim White and Simon Jordan
I bet he'll be 'humble', 'honest' and 'going forward' will be looking for a club with shared synergies.

I really don't miss his interviews one bit.
Don't forget being "pwoud" and "pwivelidged" (sic) to manage and making sure the players are quick on their 1-2-3s, 4-5-6's, and their "transitions".
DC just one big PR exercise for himself and full of blind misguided ambition........uefa pro licence badge my arse,more like a tufty club badge.

last three employments,ran out the back door on Lincoln whilst still under contract after blowing the budget,run out of town by the Huddersfield owner because they wanted too much control and caned the budget and at Fratton Park they delivered football without points and the fans spotted a bluffer and the owners acted accordingly.
Cowley=toxic.
judge people by their actions not their words......talk is cheap.....bluffer.
A decent man and a decent manager (who I still believe will go on to good things), worked hard here and tried his best. Ultimately it was deemed not good enough and things have moved on. Why the need for the semi aggressive name calling shit?
I wish him and his brother the best of luck moving forward.
I agree but he was full off modern day management speak which means almost nothing worthwhile or achieving but sounds great in a sound bite.
Im at a complete loss as to what the DC love in is about to be honest, terrible manager that has unquestionably taken us backwards both in terms of league position and building a team. The football was in large terrible and the he seems to break the spirit of every player he comes in to contact with.

Nice guy? I don’t know as I don’t know him personally, he said the right things as most in football do. I believe that bought him more time than he deserved.

I’m just grateful he’s gone and I certainly wouldn’t be worried about facing his team in the future if he can get another L1 job.
I reckon he will go the way of Boothroyd, fall out of senior men's management and end up in the England set up with an unders group.
More than a love in some seem to have a hate in. He tried hard, it didn’t work out like with so many others before him. Let it go
(24-01-2023, 01:33 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]I reckon he will go the way of Boothroyd, fall out of senior men's management and end up in the England set up with an unders group.

yeah,one of those job for life roles where there are no fans pissing in your ear  every week and you can talk bollocks to yourself all day with nobody listening.
(24-01-2023, 01:33 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]I reckon he will go the way of Boothroyd, fall out of senior men's management and end up in the England set up with an unders group.

Will Nicky be able to put the cones out for him?
Listened / watched it on Youtube.

Still quite sad to be honest.

He is a good bloke and speaks really well.

Interesting that Simon said going with youth and being successful is not possible - which is what Danny says is the Eisner's goal.

Still feel there is a manager in their somewhere but the reality is he was not able to arrest the fall for us.

I do wonder if he's a talker rather than a doer but that's probably very harsh.
(24-01-2023, 02:56 PM)Sharpe* Wrote: [ -> ]Listened / watched it on Youtube.

Interesting that Simon said going with youth and being successful is not possible - which is what Danny says is the Eisner's goal.

Still feel there is a manager in their somewhere but the reality is he was not able to arrest the fall for us.

I don’t think that’s harsh, not sure he did anything at Pompey he said he would.

The owners have always said it is a mix of youth and experience, they’ve never said only youth. As demonstrated with the players we’ve signed.
(24-01-2023, 03:02 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-01-2023, 02:56 PM)Sharpe* Wrote: [ -> ]Listened / watched it on Youtube.

I don’t think that’s harsh, not sure he did anything at Pompey he said he would.

The owners have always said it is a mix of youth and experience, they’ve never said only youth. As demonstrated with the players we’ve signed.

Fair points.

On a separate note do you know how to turn notifications on?

I have no means on knowing that you responded to me!
(24-01-2023, 12:39 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]A decent man and a decent manager (who I still believe will go on to good things), worked hard here and tried his best. Ultimately it was deemed not good enough and things have moved on. Why the need for the semi aggressive name calling shit?
I wish him and his brother the best of luck moving forward.

A very good run at the end of last season and a flying start to this. We played some very good football against some good sides and it was no fluke.
I could criticise some of his striker selections but then I could do that about practically any manager we’ve had.
I don’t get the vicious criticism by some on here but everyone is entitled to their opinion. 
Cowley had to go because we were on a drastic slide. A slide which started with an injury list to our midfield. I don’t ever remember any midfield being ripped apart like that, ever.
Ultimately, I believe he constructed a squad good enough to get us out of this division. At least it is good enough in ability, character is another thing. I’ve said before that these players have capitulated, especially the so called senior players. We lacked leadership on the pitch and that is something Cowley failed to identify.

I wish him luck too. Sad it didn’t work out because he did a lot to make people regard the club in a positive light. Results are temporary.
(24-01-2023, 02:56 PM)Sharpe* Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting that Simon said going with youth and being successful is not possible - which is what Danny says is the Eisner's goal.

Jordan is a fine one to talk - the bloke is an absolute and utter arsehole.

He made his fortune in the middle to late 90s on the back of the surge in mobile phone ownership. This enabled him to buy Palarse but not Selhurst Park which was a problem throughout his tenure.

In between 2000-2010 he hired & fired 9 managers & coaches, Palarse entered administration in 2010 & the tosser was rightly booted out. His constant meddling was responsible for at least half of those managers/coaches leaving. ........

After a few years out of football dabbling in night clubs & car magazines he surfaces at Talksh!te - shouting his crass opinions to any clown prepared to listen...... 

If you want to talk to someone about what he is like go to Hambledon and have a chat with Fred Dinenage  who was a PFC director when Milan was here. 

He was in the boardroom at both Selhurst & Fratton & can tell you exactly what a coont the bloke is.....
(24-01-2023, 04:30 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-01-2023, 02:56 PM)Sharpe* Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting that Simon said going with youth and being successful is not possible - which is what Danny says is the Eisner's goal.

Jordan is a fine one to talk - the bloke is an absolute and utter arsehole.

He made his fortune in the middle to late 90s on the back of the surge in mobile phone ownership. This enabled him to buy Palarse but not Selhurst Park which was a problem throughout his tenure.

In between 2000-2010 he hired & fired 9 managers & coaches, Palarse entered administration in 2010 & the tosser was rightly booted out. His constant meddling was responsible for at least half of those managers/coaches leaving. ........

After a few years out of football dabbling in night clubs & car magazines he surfaces at Talksh!te - shouting his crass opinions to any clown prepared to listen...... 

If you want to talk to someone about what he is like go to Hambledon and have a chat with Fred Dinenage  who was a PFC director when Milan was here. 

He was in the boardroom at both Selhurst & Fratton & can tell you exactly what a coont the bloke is.....

Fair enough!

He says he almost bought us in 2012!

I can imagine him meddling constantly which would be tough to work with.
Fred Dineage sold me a motor back in the day. It was a dud
How..........awful.  Big Grin Big Grin
(24-01-2023, 05:54 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Fred Dineage sold me a motor back in the day. It was a dud

HOW?

All together now…
Lol. It was his wife’s, one lady owner. Sounded great till the engine cut out in the fast lane on the M27. My mate had to push, nearly the last thing he ever did.