TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: bailey wright
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sunderland centre back linked. 40 games in there promotion season good experience which out being to old. Just the wrong side of 30 but good amount of games last season
(24-01-2023, 03:37 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]Sunderland centre back linked. 40 games in there promotion season good experience which out being to old. Just the wrong side of 30 but good amount of games last season

Certainly an upgrade on Morrison. 

And talking of centre backs I wonder if Mousinho will register himself as a player ?
Just had a kite at some clips on You Tube. He looks like a good solid right footed central defender.  

Comfortable in possesion, passes well  & has good positional sense. Mackem fan who works with my son says he is solid, reliable  Div 1 defender but unfortunately for him he  now has very strong competition  for his place so has slipped down the pecking order. 

I would have thought worth an 18 month deal - a definite upgrade on Raggett .....
TBH an upgrade on Raggett shouldn’t be too difficult.
Disagree. Raggett is good for this level and has played at a higher level too. Never injured, gives his all always, wins 90% in the air, chips in with goals, positions himself generally well to cut out crosses. OK, he runs like a duck and causes a few heart in mouth moments but he is also capable of spraying a good pass. A pin point cross-field ball last night to Curtis being a good example.
Funny how we like to slag off players who always give their best and stick around for any length of time.
Runs like a duck FAF
(25-01-2023, 10:11 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Runs like a duck FAF

I'd never seen another professional footballer run in such a comical style as Raggett until.......we signed Ryley Towler.  Eff me, they are like twins when moving faster than walking pace.  They look like they are doing a 1970's esque playground piss-take of the school spaz.
Jacobs has an awkward gait too.
Sunderland would want a fee for Wright!
I think that has seen us off then
(27-01-2023, 11:53 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Sunderland would want a fee for Wright!
I think that has seen us off then

Like the fee we paid them for Hume? The fee we paid for Towler? The fee we paid for Bishop? The fee we paid for Swanson? All the loan fees we’ve paid already this season?
Bishop excepted, all nominal fees.
Don't forget he is 30 yrs old. I'm not sure pompey want to pay a fee he'd most likely command for a player that age. Thats not what the Eisner's want is it?
It would certainly depart from the normal.
I'd like to be wrong as he had and was an integral part in Sunderland's promotion. It may be that JM would persuade him to come and that would be his first impressive contribution to the playing staff. I just can not see it.
(27-01-2023, 04:21 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Bishop excepted,  all nominal fees.
Don't forget he is 30 yrs old. I'm not sure pompey want to pay a fee he'd most likely command for a player that age. Thats not what the Eisner's want is it?
It would certainly depart from the normal.
I'd like to be wrong as he had and was an integral part in Sunderland's promotion. It may be that JM would persuade him to come and that would be his first impressive contribution to the playing staff. I just can not see it.

Depends if Sunderland want him off the wage bill and how long his contract has left but at 30 I shouldn’t think his fee would be much.

We might not even be in for him of course!