TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Fleetwood ratings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Macey - 7 not much to do, fumbled a couple but recovered in time. One excellent save. Had a great start to his Pompey career 
Swanson - 8 really warming to him, puts in a shift and very good going forward. Some good covering tackles and interceptions too
Raggers . 7 pretty solid, strong in the air as usual, a couple of timely blocks, almost scored
Towler - 9 MOM for me. What a find he appears to be. Strong in the air, assured at the back, reads the game well. Created the second goal too
Ogilvie - 6 seems to have been reading the Nathan Thompson book ‘How to dive and win a soft free kick’, problem is the ref didn’t buy the third and fourth and they nearly cost us. Fairly reliable otherwise
Pack - 7 great first half, not so great second
Morrell - 7 could easily have been MOM if he hadn’t got two yellows in 2 silly second half minutes. Left us with 10 men for half an hour which could have been very costly. Starting to play well though and getting forward much more 
Dale - 7 can’t fault his work rate and at last had a good shot on target. Would like to see more end product 
Curtis - 8 getting back to his old self, very unlucky not to score. Works his socks off tracking back too. Hope the injury’s not serious
Tunni - 7 better from him but still too much sideways and backwards passing. Put his foot in and helped create opportunities by harrying their defenders
Bish -8 fought well and got his goal (or did he?). Good in defence too, winning vital headers

Subs. Pig - got his poacher’s goal, will do him the world of good
Tommo - not time to do much, adds a bit of steel

All in all, a great first week for the unchosen one. Talk about hitting the ground running. He’s got more points in one week than DC in about three months. Long may it continue, at least relegation fears look to have been put to bed. Play-offs anyone?
Yep, we’re much in agreement.

Good comments re Ogilvie.
Good stuff.

Didn't catch the game - delighted we won.

I wonder with Curtis that he feels released now Cowley has gone.

Was out of favour previously.

Hopefully he kicks on and isn't too badly hurt.
Curtis had plenty of chances and there are no excuses, same for Pack.

Curtis was at his best yesterday. Pack did it for one half.
(25-01-2023, 08:13 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Curtis had plenty of chances and there are no excuses, same for Pack.

Curtis was at his best yesterday. Pack did it for one half.

Also up to the manager to get the best out of the players which was one of Cowley's failings.

I don't think its a coincidence that Curtis is suddenly playing better.
Turns up when he feels like it.

The last time he played that well, he was made captain…by Cowley, I believe.
(25-01-2023, 08:25 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Turns up when he feels like it.

The last time he played that well, he was made captain…by Cowley, I believe.
There is no doubt he is inconsistent and needs to improve on that.

I personally think there was an issue between him and Cowley.

Interesting when Cowley went there was not much said by the players, very few thank you's - I think they'd stopped working for him.

They shouldn't have, but Cowley couldn't get them going and was shown the door.
Curtis gave the ball away so many times in the first half. He needs to play himself back into form and then he will be back could of done with that shot going in that hit the post hopefully he isn’t too injured
I have no time for players who pick and choose when or how they play (or who they play for). If they don’t like it then they should buy themselves out of their contract and piss off somewhere else.

A bit extrême, i know, but I don’t get this ‘poor old Curtis, he doesn’t get to play how he thinks he should and nobody says thank you enough and he’s only on a pittance a week’.

Regardless of Cowleys faults (and he had them), he got short changed by the 11 who went on the pitch and these players let the fans down badly. Paying fans who fork out to be entertained. Modern players forget that they are working for those fans and are being paid, indirectly, by them. Drag these shysters into the Crook, after a game, and see how they wilt.

A managers job is to train and pick a team to win. An individual’s performance is their personal responsibility.

Grrrrr.
Agreed Sharpe, it looks that way. Curtis was very consistent for the first three years with about 14 goals each year off the wing. He’s a great asset when playing well. Hopefully Mou can revive him
(25-01-2023, 08:43 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I have no time for players who pick and choose when or how they play (or who they play for). If they don’t like it then they should buy themselves out of their contract and piss off somewhere else.

A bit extrême, i know, but I don’t get this ‘poor old Curtis, he doesn’t get to play how he thinks he should and nobody says thank you enough and he’s only on a pittance a week’.

Regardless of Cowleys faults (and he had them), he got short changed by the 11 who went on the pitch and these players let the fans down badly. Paying fans who fork out to be entertained. Modern players forget that they are working for those fans and are being paid, indirectly, by them. Drag these shysters into the Crook, after a game, and see how they wilt.

A managers job is to train and pick a team to win. An individual’s performance is their personal responsibility.

Grrrrr.

I do agree matey - should have personal pride and motivation to perform.

We've all, most anyway, have had managers we don't get on with.

Less likely to put yourself 100% out for someone you don't like/treats you poorly.

Not saying Cowley treated them poorly but something was not right in that team under Cowley.

Yes they let everyone down, downing tools - but why did they?

Why were they ignoring Cowley if that's the case?

Or maybe they're just a bit shit!
All in the past now. Onwards and upwards.

Curtis was fantastic last night.

Why didn’t Pack perform for 90 mins? He’s bloody captain, ffs!
He packed it in halfway through
Cowley sucked the life out of them, the first sign was the game against Accrington to finish in the playoffs.
(25-01-2023, 09:19 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]He packed it in halfway through

Very good Big Grin
Morrell sending off isolated Pack somewhat and he became a but player as the 2nd half wore on
Pack wasn’t in it before Morrel did his basketball act.
(25-01-2023, 10:36 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Morrell sending off isolated Pack somewhat and he became a but player as the 2nd half wore on

You wish!  Smile Smile
(25-01-2023, 10:50 AM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-01-2023, 10:36 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Morrell sending off isolated Pack somewhat and he became a but player as the 2nd half wore on

You wish!  Smile Smile

Chuckle 

I thought the same  Smile
On Curtis: I think he's bulked up and lost his pace. Unfortunately he hasn't got much else to offer. He used to have tenacity and work rate, but we haven't seen that for a while.

I think he needs to get lean and get back to his byline. If he doesn't, I think he's going to have to drop a league and reinvent himself as a forward.

Similar problem to Koroma.
He did yesterday. He was as good as I’ve seen him.
Ran up and down the pitch last night like a good’un
perhaps Curtis got fed up about being played all over the pitch so a loan player who achieved exactly nothing after his first three games could play regularly in his best position?