TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Pigott
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If we could buy him, how much would you pay?
(25-01-2023, 07:44 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]If we could buy him, how much would you pay?

It would depend on how much he has left on his contract. 

Transfer fees these days at our level have little to do with value of the player, just the value of his contract.
Is he worth buying?
Not sure I would.
Not for me
Might Need to if the reports of Blackburn boss watching Colby Bishop are true and a bid comes in. Sincerely hope it's just paper talk. And nothing comes of it.
(25-01-2023, 10:32 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Not for me

Nor me.
(25-01-2023, 11:12 AM)mike hunt Wrote: [ -> ]Might Need to if the reports of Blackburn boss watching Colby Bishop are true and a bid comes in. Sincerely hope it's just paper talk. And nothing comes of it.

That would be a pretty big blow for us.

If we can improve on feeding him he'll get even more for us.

I would be seriously pissed off if the Eisner's agreed to sell.
(25-01-2023, 11:12 AM)mike hunt Wrote: [ -> ]Might Need to if the reports of Blackburn boss watching Colby Bishop are true and a bid comes in. Sincerely hope it's just paper talk. And nothing comes of it.

It’s always Blackburn lol, haven’t they been signing Curtis for the last 4 seasons?
Bishop is on a good contract with us and would command a sizeable fee.
Over to you Blackburn, put up or shut up!
We need winners in our side but Piggot would be expensive. For one thing, we'd have to dig him up first.
Have we seen enough of him to have a judgement? DC never played him, so how could we know how good a job he could do for us?
You never know JM could turn him into a goal machine. Bishop could get a long term injury then what?
Keep to the end of the season and see where we are then.
I wouldn't want him, even on a free. He is struggling at this level.
I noticed that having scored last night, the ball bounced out. As part of his goal celebration Pigott attempted to hit the "onion-bag" again. It struck the post from two yards out!

C'est la vie de Joe!!
(25-01-2023, 01:29 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't want him, even on a free. He is struggling at this level.

He may be struggling at the moment for whatever reason but we know how good he has been at this level in the past, so rather than give up and write him off as a failure why not try to get him to return to that level and if you succeed you have got a 20 goal a season striker for free. Even if he fails to reach that high level you've still got a decent,experienced backup striker who can come off the bench and score goals like he has done for us on three occasions now. 

But he would have to reduce his wage expectations to sign for us ... we are not an Ipswich happy to throw money away wildly.
Yeah…

Marquis.
I get what you're saying Deep but I think Pompey is tainted land for him now. I think he needs a fresh start elsewhere, maybe even at a League 2 title contender to get back to being the lead marksman of the club, playing every week and shouldering that expectation. The Ipswich fans were surprised he joined another League 1 side
If you’re a player who averages 28mins a league appearance you’re never going to be able to be at your best.

I’d still rather have him over Scarlett and he got himself a goal last night, easy or not you have to be in the right position to get them.

He’s definitely best in a front 2.
He's never been given a run in the team just 20 minute subs appeareancesb so difficult to evaluate but did well for the Wombles. I'd like to see him have a few starts with Scarlett wish Bishop in reserve.
If Blackburn want Bishop they need to pay a top fee + we get Haydn Carter.
You’re obsessed with Hayden Mikeyyyyy
(25-01-2023, 05:15 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]You’re obsessed with Hayden Mikeyyyyy

Decent CD also vcan play RWB & wouldn't you have him back?
Yes but if he’s playing for Blackburn with a shot at the Premier, can’t see him dropping down to league 1
(25-01-2023, 05:17 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-01-2023, 05:15 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]You’re obsessed with Hayden Mikeyyyyy

Decent CD also vcan play RWB & wouldn't you have him back?

Because he doesn't score 15+ a season
(25-01-2023, 05:05 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]He's never been given a run in the team just 20 minute subs appeareancesb so difficult to evaluate but did well for the Wombles. I'd like to see him have a few starts with Scarlett wish Bishop in reserve.

Why would you want to drop our best striker to play the 2 worst together? There’s no way Guy would agree with that!
(25-01-2023, 05:47 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-01-2023, 05:05 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]He's never been given a run in the team just 20 minute subs appeareancesb so difficult to evaluate but did well for the Wombles. I'd like to see him have a few starts with Scarlett wish Bishop in reserve.

Why would you want to drop our best striker to play the 2 worst together? There’s no way Guy would agree with that!

Plymouth do that with Hardie for certain games. He comes on for 2nd half as an impact sub & normally scores.

Bishop is our best striker but the occasional rest could help.