TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Morrell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Whilst I agree it’s not a yellow card offence ( why not?), then the ref got it wrong and it should be addressed ( I’m aware it’s only reds that can be appealed) to the referee association to maybe send out a memo to remind their officials of this.
(27-01-2023, 12:21 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]A yellow card is given to a player who ‘persistently infringes the laws of the game’.

The referee obviously deemed that was the case and the fact that Morrell didn’t argue tells us everything we need to know.

Next.

Why "obviously" ? 

I can buy persisent fouling as a plausible reason for the yellows, but I dont see any evidence that he had persistently fouled or that the ref said he had. 

Without that evidence we are left with with everyone assuming that handball is a yellow card offence so thinking that the decison was correct.
Chuckle

Give it a rest and get over it! Contact the ref, if you’ve got any problems.

Gaff says he knows the rules, so you can always ask him. He’s probably been in touch with one of his mates at the Refs Association or taken another degree in handball offences (when he hasn’t been fruit picking, to make ends meet, or studying climatology).
(27-01-2023, 09:01 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Chuckle

Give it a rest and get over it! Contact the ref, if you’ve got any problems.

Gaff says he knows the rules, so you can always ask him. He’s probably been in touch with one of his mates at the Refs Association or taken another degree in handball offences (when he hasn’t been fruit picking, to make ends meet, or studying climatology).

I've got no issue with the ref making a mistake.  It happens all the time.

I'd have dropped the subject after just agreeing with Gaffer's views. 

But then someone kept extending the conversation by pretending they knew he had been booked twice for persistent fouling when there was absolutely no evidence that either booking was for persistent fouling.
Oh dear, now you’ve made yourself look a twit, by making a silly error.

Can you spot what the mistake is, children?
I'll say it again. Morrell should keep his gob shut. Pillock.
Was it his gob? On I Player it looked like he may have put a quick knee in the back of the defender after coming out of the rumble. But that was just after a single replay. I may be hallucinating.
Players wind him up and he bites. Fool
(07-04-2023, 03:02 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Players wind him up and he bites. Fool

gonna face a huge amount of that every single game now
cost us three points today as we were more on top than I've seen in any game this season.

mind you the set up after half time conceded midfield completely
If it was a genuinely deserved Red card then he's let himself down, and his manager, and his team mates, and the fans. If that is the case then he should be told to come out at half time on Monday and publicly apologise.
(07-04-2023, 09:09 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]If it was a genuinely deserved Red card then he's let himself down, and his manager, and his team mates, and the fans. If that is the case then he should be told to come out at half time on Monday and publicly apologise.

give him a balloon and a pin
If the linesman had really been on his game Harvie would have had at least a yellow. Looking forward to him turning up at Fratton Park.
Who will play in his place against Morecambe?
Thompson? Tunnicliffe? Tunni, I suspect
I reckon a midfield 3 of Pack, Lowery , Tunnicliffe
(09-04-2023, 11:33 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I reckon a midfield 3 of Pack, Lowery , Tunnicliffe

Then drop Dale and bring in Pigott. Two wingers aren't necessary. Villa won the league with Tony Morley as their only winger. Mind you having  Withe and Shaw as their strike force helped.
(09-04-2023, 01:47 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2023, 11:33 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I reckon a midfield 3 of Pack, Lowery , Tunnicliffe

Then drop Dale and bring in Pigott. Two wingers aren't necessary. Villa won the league with Tony Morley as their only winger. Mind you having  Withe and Shaw as their strike force helped.

coming closer to home,
 Pompey rarely played with two wingers until Vince N Callie
Rafferty and Biley had Rogers and various full backs from memory
Whit and Walshy  with Anderton or Chamberlain ??

Carter, Mark Chamberlain and others, can't recall in detail but one was more usual than two down the years.
After talking to fans who saw the incident close up and reviewing footage, the club are not appealing the ban. Says it all really.
Getting sent off when the balls out of play, in your own area, whilst leading the game. Dinlo moment.
I know he's a silly sod but God have we missed him. 
Meanwhile, I can't help but wonder about the effect so many months out has had on Tom Lowery. He's just not the player we saw at the beginning of the season. Is it fitness or psychological? Get these two right and we have a chance next season because at the moment our midfield is looking dreadfully short of ideas and energy.
Can anyone remember shorter players than Morrell and Lowery? Off the top of my head I’ll go Conor Chaplin and Jason Rees from back in the 90’s
Terry Brisley wasn’t very tall, Sammy Igoe neither
(23-04-2023, 01:29 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Terry Brisley wasn’t very tall, Sammy Igoe neither

Speaking about Sammy Igoe, he still lives locally.... He works for.

https://conciseremovals.co.uk/
(23-04-2023, 01:29 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Terry Brisley wasn’t very tall, Sammy Igoe neither

I seem to recall Sammy Igoe's shorts used to come down to his ankles.
(23-04-2023, 03:18 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]

I seem to recall Sammy Igoe's shorts used to come down to his ankles.

His top was no better..... We must have ordered a LX package deal.
Pages: 1 2 3