TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Cowley favourite for Forest Green Job
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Familiar looking field

DC 4/1
McCann 6/1
Adkins 6/1
Richardson 8/1
Manning 8/1
Ooo, you little tinker!

How could exterminangry resist?
(25-01-2023, 01:31 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Familiar looking field

DC 4/1
McCann 6/1
Adkins 6/1
Richardson 8/1
Manning 8/1

I know how amazing the fans are and what this club means to them, this is a great club. Me and Nicky will do everything we can to give the fans what they deserve, no one works harder than us.  We’ll have the team playing fast attacking football with a high press.

Oooh he really gets us.
Good luck to him, sorry - them
They could sign Pigott
(25-01-2023, 01:42 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]They could sign Pigott

And not play him.
Yeah, even Cowley realises he’s garbage.

Wonder if Wombles want him back.
Bit of a come-down that is!

Hopefully gets a better job like at Oxford when the Mouser goes.

Wish him well.
(25-01-2023, 02:01 PM)Sharpe* Wrote: [ -> ]Bit of a come-down that is!

Wish him well.

Who’s the Mouser? Is that Karl Robinsons nickname?
The cowleys are the second best managers on that list, behind Richardson. It's about right that they should be favourite. They'll do well at a smaller club where they won't be crushed with the expectation.
(25-01-2023, 02:48 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-01-2023, 02:01 PM)Sharpe* Wrote: [ -> ]Bit of a come-down that is!

Wish him well.

Who’s the Mouser? Is that Karl Robinsons nickname?

Mouser = scouser.

A rodent reference to our friends from the north-west.
I reckon the Cowleys are able to get their hands on kids that get League 2 teams promoted but League 1 is a bridge too far for them.

Expectation is irrelevant in my view. It's not us, it's them. They will fail to get promoted from League 1 with any club because they set up with crab football and ban direct balls.
It's not that they cant judge a player its they just over complicate things and coach the crap out everything.Even Bishop hinted at that part of our turn around is going back to basics and not over thinking things.
Exactly that
During half time last night they had Jay Saddler (?) the women’s team manager and he was talking about the women not having possession for possessions sake and that is exactly where DC went wrong, if we don’t lose the ball they can’t score which doesn’t work as you will eventually lose the ball and means you also hardly score.
My take on the Cowleys was that they knew how they wanted to play, knew the types of players they needed and got us playing some cracking football at the start of the season. However this wasn't sustainable because they had a few, rather critical blind spots, which eventually caught up to them. These were:

1: Squad planning. Spunked way too much of the budget on loans. Wasted his transition season training up other clubs players instead of his own. Signed players who have awful injury records.

2: tactics. Hasn't realised that over the course of the season, teams work out how to play against you. He didn't seem to understand that there is a second phase of the season where this must be addressed.

3: Coping with injuries & changing a winning team.
Too many square pegs in round holes. The injuries mounted up due to signing crocks but also made worse by playing players out of position when fewer changes needed to be made. Connor Ogilvie at RB springs to mind.

4:over complicating things. Footballers are complete dinlos. If your using terms your 6 year old can't understand, Better believe that the likes of Sean Raggett and Ronan Curtis arent gonna have a clue what your banging on about.

Overall I thought tactics and substitutions were pretty good during games but the medium and long term planning meant it was destined to all fall apart. They didn't put in the foundations for success.
(25-01-2023, 04:14 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]My take on the Cowleys was that they knew how they wanted to play, knew the types of players they needed and got us playing some cracking football at the start of the season. However this wasn't sustainable because they had a few, rather critical blind spots, which eventually caught up to them. These were:

1: Squad planning. Spunked way too much of the budget on loans. Wasted his transition season training up other clubs players instead of his own. Signed players who have awful injury records.

2: tactics. Hasn't realised that over the course of the season, teams work out how to play against you. He didn't seem to understand that there is a second phase of the season where  this must be addressed.

3: Coping with injuries & changing a winning team.
Too many square pegs in round holes. The injuries mounted up due to signing crocks but also made worse by playing players out of position when fewer changes needed to be made. Connor Ogilvie at RB springs to mind.

4:over complicating things. Footballers are complete dinlos. If your using terms your 6 year old can't understand, Better believe that the likes of Sean Raggett and Ronan Curtis arent gonna have a clue what your banging on about.

Overall I thought tactics and substitutions were pretty good during games but the medium and long term planning meant it was destined to all fall apart. They didn't put in the foundations for success.

Pretty much agree with all of that.

He is a nice man.
A very nice man with a plethora of buzzwords
He's a very very nice man
Nice hair
(25-01-2023, 01:35 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]Ooo, you little tinker!

Well he does have his huge £8 winnings burning a hole in his pocket. Mind you, he's been burnt by McCann already.
(25-01-2023, 07:24 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]

Well he does have his huge £8 winnings burning a hole in his pocket. Mind you, he's been burnt by McCann already.

Let's just be glad Exterm isn't trying to compete with our transfer budget this Jan.

I've been out all day playing golf Bill the Scatt (better taking this alleged anger out on a golf ball than you plebians who are beyond help)

As I 've been off the "dog & bone" for the majority of the day I didn't even know Forest Green had given their manager "the old tin tack".

No, definitely  won't be betting on that one - only bet on tip offs & researched info from professional tipsters.

and no Tuffers the Duffer -I've made £200plus profit this month so far - it isn't burning a hole in my pocket ....... Tongue

p.s. As both of you coonts reside in London I couldn't resist this - seems rather apt :-

"There’s a hole in the world like a great black pit and the vermin of the world inhabit it and it’s filled with people who are filled with sh!t and it goes by the name of London.”  Stephen Sondheim

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
"plebeian"

"that is what happens when you don't pay attention at school and end up with half an O level" - you dumb fuck!
If a man is tired of London he’s tired of life. Samuel Johnson
Pages: 1 2