TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: hughes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just thinking about our most recent signings. GK and Centre half.
Both look a significant improvement and did not break the bank/budget
Given the timescale, Hughes and his minions must have done the donkey work with a final nod from the new manager 

I was not particularly in favour of him or his role, but this suggests we might have made a good decision in signing him up. With a young head coach it might be a very good decision.
So far so good, happy with Towler in particular
if he was about 100,000 that seems a very good price from what we've seen so far, also seems to have helped Raggett to settle back to doing what he does best alongside him.
The keeper looks at least decent, again from only two games.
Exeter gave both plenty to do, last night was clearly a much weaker opposition.
The rumoured fee for Towler was 30k ... even better value. 

So far the policy to buy them young with potential and develop them has done pretty well - Swanson, Towler, Mingi in particular look like hits and maybe also Oluwayemi & Hume & Vincent to come.  It's good that the policy has survived the managerial change, because it is a policy that needs continuity over several years to bring success.
Oluwayemi's short term contract concerns me, he'll want convincing of first team prospects if he's to sign beyond this season.
Hume needs to get a regular run in the side, how Mou's favoured 4-3-3 might boost his prospects remains to be seen - he's more attacking minded and the way Mou has spoken about Swanson getting forward on the other side might help him out.
Not convinced we'll see anything else of Vincent though.
From what I've seen Liam Vincent is a cert to come through. He can defend, cross & shoot. I'd rate him above Hume for the left back slot after Ogilvie's contract runs out. I wouldn't mind betting that in 2 or 3 years time he will be our new Matty Taylor. 

He and Harry Jewitt-White are the best prospects outside of the current first team squad IMO. 

But we'll see.
(26-01-2023, 11:36 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]From what I've seen Liam Vincent is a cert to come through. He can defend, cross & shoot. I'd rate him above Hume for the left back slot after Ogilvie's contract runs out. I wouldn't mind betting that in 2 or 3 years time he will be our new Matty Taylor. 

He and Harry Jewitt-White are the best prospects outside of the current first team squad IMO. 

But we'll see.

Sounds promising