TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: We should never of signed robertson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We knew he was injury prone snd he continues to be that. a waste of OUR money!
Apparently we eat what we kill. This was road kill and he has been a disaster.
Sorry but it needs to be said.
He has not delivered here and we need to cut his ilk out of pompey. 
We can no longer carry drift wood.
He is a talented footballer and leader but WE  have not seen thus.
Get rid.
I an not here to support him, he plays a part or get rid
Asumed he was arsing about with his availability to engineer a move to be back playing under Warne
Should never HAVE signed ....
Agreed with the lot until you said he is a talented footballer and leader.

Wasn't he one of the ones who signed with Cowley saying "I know how to manage injuries"?
that is the key, Cowley's opinion that his medical team could fix them.
Thompson has been an excellent signing.
But apart from the signed injuries we seemed to be better at injuring each other in training than learning to play as a team.
I don't get the hate campaign against players who are unlucky enough to suffer injuries. 

Pompey took a gamble on his fitness to get a classy championship level player who would probably not been available to us without his injury history. 

And when he has played he has generally done very well, and he has played 42 games in a season and a half, so has been available for two thirds of games. Not a great record, but not a disastrous record either, and his injury last season was not a recurrence of any past injury so as unlucky as any other player getting injured.  

Purely on playing ability I think he was one of Cowley's best signings, but as an injury gamble he was only an average signing.
I don’t have any particular problem with Robertson injury record. His ability is undoubtedly there but we have often been weaker with him in the middle of defense.

As to him being captain… nah.
(26-01-2023, 09:59 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]Should never HAVE signed ....

Thank you! It's SO annoying when people keep making that mistake.  Theyak should never of put it in the title.
Nawty, ain’t he?

It’s a common mistake. Should’ve is actually the proper written form. The apostrophe denotes the missing letters h and a. Sound similar, doesn’t it?

Doesn’t make anyone evil though.
Maybe I shouldn't have posted after a few 'wets' but when the urge is strong......
My sincere apologies to anyone who feels this to be a step to far by myself.
No really!!!
(27-01-2023, 09:14 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe I shouldn't have posted after a few 'wets' but when the urge is strong......
My sincere apologies to anyone who feels this to be a step to far by myself.
No really!!!

I think it’s disgusting and you need to have a few weeks out to think about about what you have done.
(27-01-2023, 09:14 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe I shouldn't have posted after a few 'wets' but when the urge is strong......
My sincere apologies to anyone who feels this to be a step too far by myself.
No really!!!

There, fixed it for you.  Now go and sit on that naughty step until you're told otherwise.
Thankyou Mrs Patterson!
Whether DC should have signed CR04 is marmite, a yes or no. It may come as a surprise to some but he started in 15 consecutive games before his last injury.

What I can tell you having had a chat with him at PHFC (Roko) is the player himself is as hacked off as the fans about his latest injury.

He just wants to be fit & play football.......
Surely that’s a prerequisite
(27-01-2023, 04:39 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Surely that’s a prerequisite

There are  some on here who  question as to whether CR04 actually wants to be fit & play for PFC.....he does!!
Good! Personally I think he's done ok bar in a couple of games. Got a very good left peg.
Rumour going around we have an agreement in principle to terminate his contract early so long as we get cover before the window closes.

This will allow him to join Derby on a free, which is required by their embargo.
Christ, that would surely be a step up. Not good enough for us according to many but good enough for Derby. Pompey, innit?
IMO a fit Robertson is more than good enough for L1.
Maybe so Bluetag but he has not really been fit and available and hasn't set anything like the standard required to overlook his absence.
Could be bollocks, maybe it is, but the talk I've heard is he wants to go back north and get back playing under Warne again. Comes from a source who works for the club and gets more right than he gets wrong