TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Wigan sack Toure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After nine games.
With no wins
And we thought our club had problems with their manager and coach searches.
Looking forward to seeing them back in L1 next year. Jack will be in the last year of his contract then.
But isn’t he an injury prone centre back?

Some, on here, wouldn’t be happy with that.
Is he better than Raggett?
Whatmough is streets ahead of Raggett.
Wigan-basket case. Not learned anything from previous administrations.
(27-01-2023, 12:34 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Is he better than Raggett?

Guess we might get an idea when all the Premiership and Championship clubs start lining up for his services?
Raggers scores 10 times as many goals as Jack. Maybe can be blamed for letting more in though, but not sure ten times as many
Raggers can literally only play one touch football. A very limited player but a useful big lump, if you need the ball to bounce off him in a certain direction.
The difference is Whatmough is a footballer and Raggett is….well Raggett.
(27-01-2023, 01:10 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Raggers scores 10 times as many goals as Jack. Maybe can be blamed for letting more in though, but not sure ten times as many

But he’s a defender so scoring goals isn’t his job. Jack is without doubt a better defender.
(27-01-2023, 01:10 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Raggers scores 10 times as many goals as Jack. Maybe can be blamed for letting more in though, but not sure ten times as many

That statement alone seems to justify the earlier point made that Whatmough's the better defender.
When I wrote that no one had mentioned defender, Rick ;-)
(27-01-2023, 04:22 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]When I wrote that no one had mentioned defender, Rick ;-)

Oh OK, you're forgiven.  My bad...
Wigan sum up the problem with football finances that encourage fans to pressurise owners into splashing cash to get promoted at any cost.
Raggett scores more than Pigott, that’s certain.

Stick him up front with Bish and put the Pig in defense. That’ll stop the ball going in!
(27-01-2023, 09:05 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Raggett scores more than Pigott, that’s certain.

Stick him up front with Bish and put the Pig in defense. That’ll stop the ball going in!

CERTAIN ??

As certain as Pigott's 107 goals in 379 games v Raggett's 38 in 399.
Do they want a manager with a 100% win rate?......

Strike when the iron is hot... As his record is all down hill from here.
We've had some players I don't like or rate, but I've never managed the pathalogical hatred for any of them that Cunning has for Pigott.
(27-01-2023, 11:25 PM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]We've had some players I don't like or rate, but I've never managed the pathalogical hatred for any of them that Cunning has for Pigott.

Hatred?

He just isn’t very good. His goal scoring rate is atrocious over the last forty games. He has been totally ineffective in every game I’ve seen him in, except Hereford.

Make the comparison with Marquis. At least Marquis scored occasionally and he ran around a lot. We couldn’t wait to get rid of him. 

I really don’t understand the will to play a striker totally out of form and confidence.

Even Cowley realised he’d signed another lemon.
(27-01-2023, 11:12 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-01-2023, 09:05 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Raggett scores more than Pigott, that’s certain.

CERTAIN ??

As certain as Pigott's 107 goals in 379 games v Raggett's 38 in 399.

That doesn’t fit the blag!
Shaun Maloney appointed at Wigan. Another former player feels the nostagic pull of managing the club he played for. Sacked after a short spell at Hibernian. Sounds risky and could end in tears.