TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Michael Doyle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Point of interest. I see Michael Doyle has left Forest Green Rovers today
Christ if he’s coming here their owner is going to have a breakdown. Unless of course he’s been sacked.
(27-01-2023, 02:44 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]Christ if he’s coming here their owner is going to have a breakdown. Unless of course he’s been sacked.

Think it's the latter by the sound of it.
You can just see him and Drunken Duncan squaring upi!
Would Richard Hughes of brought Doyle in at forest green?
(27-01-2023, 03:03 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]Would Richard Hughes of brought Doyle in at forest green?

he was there so presumably
(27-01-2023, 03:09 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-01-2023, 03:03 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]Would Richard Hughes of brought Doyle in at forest green?

he was there so presumably

Would hope there has been some contact then
I'd prefer a more senior/experienced hand to work alongside JM as his assistant. However, Doyle as a coach would be a good shout.
He's certainly worth considering.
Hardly fits the remit of being experienced in management though does he? You'd hope the club is focusing on someone with more experience than one season at County and an awful six months at FGR.

Forget all the 'he gets Pompey' bollocks and instead look for someone who can help guide a very inexperienced head coach find his way in the game, because when the new manager bounce goes as it most certainly will, Mousinho's going to need all the help he can get.
Sorry to break it to the Football Factory types in here but as a coach, Doyle wouldn't assault players for underperforming. If that is the sole criteria for wanting him in, think on.
(27-01-2023, 03:12 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I'd prefer a more senior/experienced hand to work alongside JM as his assistant. However, Doyle as a coach would be a good shout.

The only problem with a more experienced/senior assistant is that he would instantly put Mousinho under more pressure than he already is under because he would become an instant ready made replacement for him. 

I'd rather pick an assistant on his ability to coach, and his ability to forge a good partnership with JM. Fitting those criteria is more important than being experienced or inexperienced.

Have
(27-01-2023, 06:20 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-01-2023, 03:12 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I'd prefer a more senior/experienced hand to work alongside JM as his assistant. However, Doyle as a coach would be a good shout.

The only problem with a more experienced/senior assistant is that he would instantly put Mousinho under more pressure than he already is under because he would become an instant ready made replacement for him. 

I'd rather pick an assistant on his ability to coach, and his ability to forge a good partnership with JM. Fitting those criteria is more important than being experienced or inexperienced.

I think ( I could be wrong) but I thought JM said himself he would like an experienced assistant 'to bounce off off.
(28-01-2023, 03:05 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-01-2023, 06:20 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

I think ( I could be wrong) but I thought JM said himself he would like an experienced assistant 'to bounce off off.

He did indeed