TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Milton End redevelopment update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The following link has just been published on the clubs OS:

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2023...uary-2023/

What do we think? 

I’m struggling to see the financial benefits and subsequent returns of spending circa £7-8m on a new stand, which provides 300 or so extra seats, plus new toilets and concessions? If this was phase one and the Eisners purchase the houses behind the stand on Alverstone road to add another tier with corporate facilities etc, then it would be a good investment, but not in its current guise.
(27-01-2023, 08:51 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]The following link has just been published on the clubs OS:

What do we think? 

I’m struggling to see the financial benefits and subsequent returns of spending circa £7-8m on a new stand, which provides 300 or so extra seats, plus new toilets and concessions? If this was phase one and the Eisners purchase the houses behind the stand on Alverstone road to add another tier with corporate facilities etc, then it would be a good investment, but not in its current guise.

Yeah. Not a clue, have they?
Has the question about not expanding the footprint onto the Specs Lane properties they have bought ever been addressed directly by the owners?

If buying the houses isn't for this purposes, what purpose is it for?
Isn’t it to do with not having to give the whole end to away fans if they only bring a couple of hundred due to bogs? Therefore increasing revenue.
and the bars of course.
buying houses is clearly for club use but quietly to avoid having the one hold out ransoming their house for an extra hundred thousands or two. As happened at Tesco North harbout, the one house sticking out like a mouldy tooth.
Clearly?
They need to own all the houses that would be affected by loss of light before being able to build a bigger stand. They currently don't. And why would increasing revenue be the only reason to improve facilities?
Well I think it’s a good development and will sustain the capacity of that end with better facilities, disabled spaces and the rest.

People whine if no changes are made and whine when changes ARE made.

I swear some of you lot just live to moan about everything.

Give credit where it’s due ffs.
I’m pretty sure the end goal is a big north stand redevelopment maybe linked to the fratton end. With conference/ corporate facilities
(28-01-2023, 06:45 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]I’m pretty sure the end goal is a big north stand redevelopment maybe linked to the fratton end. With conference/ corporate facilities

End game is a sale. You can't sell anything if its all fallen apart.
(28-01-2023, 10:10 AM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-01-2023, 06:45 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]I’m pretty sure the end goal is a big north stand redevelopment maybe linked to the fratton end. With conference/ corporate facilities

And that sale is a long long way off.
Looks to me like they're investing a lot of money but what do I know
(28-01-2023, 10:10 AM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]

You cant sell anything if you don't maintain it . Its a funny one this , if the eisners invest 15M into the ground and sell the club for 25M then surely they have raised the value of the club ?? or am i missing something
(27-01-2023, 10:26 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]Well I think it’s a good development and will sustain the capacity of that end with better facilities, disabled spaces and the rest.

Agree , most investment fratton has had since 1997 , cant argue with that surely ? 
But will always get the people who expect big new stands everywhere .
I think if the Eisners are still around in 5 years and we are in the championship knocking on the door for the Prem we might see a big new north stand . But why build it now ? false economy isnt it would be half empty !!!
(28-01-2023, 12:10 PM)SJG53POMPEY Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-01-2023, 10:26 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]Well I think it’s a good development and will sustain the capacity of that end with better facilities, disabled spaces and the rest.

Agree , most investment fratton has had since 1997 , cant argue with that surely ? 
But will always get the people who expect big new stands everywhere .
I think if the Eisners are still around in 5 years and we are in the championship knocking on the door for the Prem we might see a big new north stand . But why build it now ? false economy isnt it would be half empty !!!

Unless it includes one of those hotels that doubles as boxes on match days. The council insists we need more hotels despite filling the Royal Beach with immigrants and approving it being turned into flats after. 
Actually if they are going to pay to put migrants into hotels, that might be a better source of income. Cheap labour for match days too.
(27-01-2023, 08:51 PM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]The following link has just been published on the clubs OS:

What do we think? 

It does seem disproportionate to spend that sort of money if £7-8m is correct?

I'm sure they'll keep on chipping away at buying the rest of the houses but may take some time to achieve.

For the time being if we can get the capacity up to 20K that will suffice.

If & when we get promoted need to increase to 25K would be reasonable to ask for.
I would remove the roof of the Milton End and restore it back to an open end.

I used to enjoy the away fans being lashed by rain and pelted by hail stones
while cosy in the Fratton End.
(28-01-2023, 02:48 PM)BoilermakersHump Wrote: [ -> ]I would remove the roof of the Milton End and restore it back to an open end.

I used to enjoy the away fans being lashed by rain and pelted by hail stones
while cosy in the Fratton End.

The whole point of the current work is so Pompey fans can go in it though