TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Full time report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Macey 8
Swanson 7

The rest 5

Reeco did alright as sub.

What a load of shit.
They got a lucky goal (was he offside?) and a very dodgy penalty. We had what looked like a perfectly good goal disallowed. When things aren't going your way....
Peterborough really showed how limited we are as a team. They were carving us open at will.

But the players did keep going and were unlucky not to take a point in the end. Perfectly good goal disallowed. We should have been 5-0 down when that happened though lol

Much work to do.
(28-01-2023, 04:59 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Macey 8
Swanson 7

The rest 5

Reeco did alright as sub.

What a load of shit.

Who put the ball across for the own goal?
Reeco
We play 3 holding type midfielders who don't even stop the other team scoring.. We looked far better when one of them went off and we put a more attack minded Reeco on.

And we don't play through the 3rds... The defence just lump it forward bypassing the midfield every time.
Towler played the long left to right ball today about 10 times. We need to mix it up a bit more.
Bishop never delivers with Scarlett on. Pigott on far too late. He should have started. Half-time report  on final score was embarrassing for those of us not watching the game.
D’oh.
Scarlet is poor but we have so many poor signings from cowley lucky most of them leave in the summer. Big 3 days ahead.

Playing 433 we need a centre back, midfielder and a winger
I can't see the point in wasting money in this transfer window. I think we would be better off saving the money till the summer. We are not going up or down this season.

We need a total over hall of this squad, to challenge next season.

Lets give the young players a chance.
Over hall. Love it! Disagree Mix. The more they play together this season, the better they'll know each other and play better together next. Get em in now.
(28-01-2023, 05:58 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Over hall. Love it! Disagree Mix. The more they play together this season, the better they'll know each other and play better together next. Get em in now.

Trouble is you do better business in the summer.

Not saying we shouldn’t sign players but a rebuild will happen in the summer.

We will get at least 1 more this window.
January window is normally over priced.

Jamal Lowe was the last good signing we have had in January back in 2017. We have had good loans till the end of the season like Carter, but they always go back.

And maybe Reeco January 2020.

I can't think of anyone else.
Don't think Reeco was a loan
(28-01-2023, 06:17 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Don't think Reeco was a loan

No he wasn't.

Should have made that more clear. My bad.

Can you think of anyone else?..

I think we would have to go back to the Premier league seasons, to find anyone else who worked out for us.
Was that other left back we had a couple of seasons ago whose name escapes me a Jan loan? My memory's not what it was. Deep'll know.
You on about Seddon?.
That's my problem with Jan transfer window... It's normally a loan till the end of the season.

That's why I think it would be better waiting for the summer, and rebuilding.
Hayden Carter was a January signing
Yeah, I meant Seddon but Carter was a good 'un
Just looked at our contracted players for next season.. And we have only 12.

Of them.

Tom Lowery and Colby Bishop are the only players with contracts till 2025.
bearing in mind that we had getting on for a full team out injured or suspended yet again.
Won't in anything with our awful disciplinary record, especially as the suspensions get longer as the season goes on (if you repeat the offence)
(28-01-2023, 06:12 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]January window is normally over priced.

Jamal Lowe was the last good signing we have had in January back in 2017. We have had good loans till the end of the season like Carter, but they always go back.

Charlie Daniels and Bryn Morris to name but two.
(29-01-2023, 09:00 AM)simonfkwit Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-01-2023, 06:12 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]January window is normally over priced.

Charlie Daniels and Bryn Morris to name but two.

It wasn't about naming players we have signed in January... But Good signings!.

Charlie Daniels had a good career, but was sh*t for us.

Bryn Morris on the other hand, was he ever any good?..
Pages: 1 2 3