TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Look @ Sunderland..Now Look @ Pompey...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
In Comparison the past two seasons. Two seasons ago we were rubbing shoulders with SFC. Competing at every level. 

Two years on look where they are. ? Look where Pompey are.?

A massive gap in terms of ambition and progression. 

No ambition at Pompey.Eisners should look at the improvement of Sunderland Football Club. They may learn something how to take a club forward. SFC Holding their own in championship. 

Pompey going backwards. Not just on the pitch but as a club. League 1 outfit at best. We not a big club no more. 

Infact the smallest EFL southern club in the south of england.
Your little protest was pathetic mate.
Not fair Pompeyg. He has a point
(29-01-2023, 01:48 PM)Mark_Hateley_83 Wrote: [ -> ]In Comparison the past two seasons. Two seasons ago we were rubbing shoulders with SFC. Competing at every level. 

No ambition at Pompey.Eisners should look at the improvement of Sunderland Football Club. They may learn something how to take a club forward. SFC Holding their own in championship. 

Pompey going backwards. Not just on the pitch but as a club. League 1 outfit at best. We not a big club no more. 

I agree with some of your points but Sunderland get 2 to 3 times the crowd we get plus their stadium doesn't need millions spent on it. That's where the difference lays. If we didn't need FP upgraded then I'm sure the Eisners would've splashed the cash on a bigger playing budget. However they are trying to juggle two major things at the same time.

We're all very good at spending other peoples money.
(29-01-2023, 01:56 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Not fair Pompeyg. He has a point

It is fair, their protest was pathetic.
I was referring to him not them. Didn’t realise he was involved
(29-01-2023, 02:25 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]I was referring to him not them. Didn’t realise he was involved

He registered I think a day before the protest and posted a load of anti Eisner stuff and then came on to post more, he’s clearly part of it and trying to get support.

A few of them have done it
It is fair to question why we haven’t made more progress. Too many floating around with Eisners blinkers on.
(29-01-2023, 02:13 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

But more than you have ever done
(29-01-2023, 02:07 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-01-2023, 01:48 PM)Mark_Hateley_83 Wrote: [ -> ]In Comparison the past two seasons. Two seasons ago we were rubbing shoulders with SFC. Competing at every level. 

I agree with some of your points but Sunderland get 2 to 3 times the crowd we get plus their stadium doesn't need millions spent on it. That's where the difference lays. If we didn't need FP upgraded then I'm sure the Eisners would've splashed the cash on a bigger playing budget. However they are trying to juggle two major things at the same time.

Combination of things as they were mid-table Div 1 like us & were going through managers regularly. 
Also, ownership problems but that was sorted out & decent manager appointed with competitive playing budget.
Much bigger ground than us as well. Hard to believe now that FP once held 60,000!
They moved to the Stadium of Light & maybe we should have done as well?
(29-01-2023, 02:41 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]

Lol and you’d know that how?

I’ve clearly touched a nerve, were you part of it?  Why won’t they put their name to it?
(29-01-2023, 02:37 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]It is fair to question why we haven’t made more progress. Too many floating around with Eisners blinkers on.

Because we stuck with a manager who failed. If they sacked managers after 20 games people would be complaining about lack of stability.

Unfortunately the anti Eisners simply blame them for everything which detracts from what they have done wrong and makes it all a bit silly.
Bit like the anti DC. Can hardly blame him for all our woes, gotta be a bit of mutual blame

What other southern clubs are in the South of England?

Are any southern clubs not in the south of England?

Or are there are clubs that aren't southern, but are in the south of England?
(29-01-2023, 02:55 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

I’ve clearly touched a nerve, were you part of it?  Why won’t they put their name to it?
No, not touched a nerve at all,
Just am not an Eisners brown noser
(29-01-2023, 02:36 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-01-2023, 02:25 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]I was referring to him not them. Didn’t realise he was involved

He registered I think a day before the protest and posted a load of anti Eisner stuff and then came on to post more, he’s clearly part of it and trying to get support.

A few of them have done it

Surprising how many new posters have suddenly appeared.
Look @ Brighton and Bournemouth; like us they've been through hard times, but unlike us they rebounded. Can we see Pompey in the Championship or the Prem with an adequate ground in a decades time? There's your answer.
(29-01-2023, 04:15 PM)Cressers Wrote: [ -> ]Look @ Brighton and Bournemouth; like us they've been through hard times, but unlike us they rebounded. Can we see Pompey in the Championship or the Orem with an adequate ground in a decades time? There's your answer.

Yes
(29-01-2023, 04:05 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-01-2023, 02:55 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

No, not touched a nerve at all,
Just am not an Eisners brown noser

Who said you were? What is an Eisner brown noser? Someone who doesn’t slag them off because we aren’t winning?
(29-01-2023, 04:26 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-01-2023, 04:15 PM)Cressers Wrote: [ -> ]Look @ Brighton and Bournemouth; like us they've been through hard times, but unlike us they rebounded. Can we see Pompey in the Championship or the Orem with an adequate ground in a decades time? There's your answer.

Yes

Yes with rich owners prepared to spend ffs
When ME said "brick by brick " little did we know it was lego bricks
(29-01-2023, 04:30 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-01-2023, 04:26 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes

Yes with rich owners prepared to spend ffs

Rich owners prepared to load clubs with debt more like.   

Been there, done that.
And will lanquish in league 1 for ever.
Is that what you really want ?
(29-01-2023, 02:07 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]

Fair comment.
However, on the assumption that all the ground improvements will be finished before the start of next season can we assume that the playing budget will be radically improved for 2023/24?

Sunderland is a bit of an unfair comparison considering the size of the stadium and fanbase. Instead, I would point to Coventry (who went up from League 2 without even playing in their own fecking ground, waved at us on the way past, and are now doing relatively  ok in the championship) and Luton (who did the same thing as Coventry, with a ground capacity of about 11,000, who are challenging in the championship playoffs and about to move to a bigger ground than us). Peterborough did it despite having 12 fans, whilst even Wycombe had a quick trip up the league. Meanwhile, this will be three years without even reaching the playoffs!

After 7 years of ownership we're about to end up with a patched up ground and the same capacity as when we had in the last two decades. Maybe then they will have to actually spend on the team itself. Who knows? I know some disagree but we may have a complete ground but the Eisner's also have a ready-made package to sell. They would've got jack without the rebuild.

I'm not pro PFC Coalition by the way. It's a waste of time because the Eisner's actual interest in us extends to making sure we don't lose too much money.
Pages: 1 2 3