TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Poundland Pompey then after all the Hype
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Potentially decent but hardly willing to have a determined attempt to make the playoffs.
The big problem was that when we did have some money in the kitty, the idiots making the decisions spent it all on Marquis and Harrison. No wonder the eisners are refusing to put their hands in their pockets again.

The recruitment team have to build up the trust again. It got so bad that they wouldn't even keep some of the half decent players they already had! As an owner, it is much better to buy cheap crap players than expensive crap players.
2 loans and 2 perms with fees paid.

Keeper has been outstanding so far.

Towler has been very very good, immediate impact and great prospect

L1 young player of the season on a perm deal with fee paid. Had interest from Brighton last season

Man Utd CB on loan who had an excellent season in the championship last season and wanted by hull on a perm deal.

Fucking Eisners huh?
Agree with having the keeper on loan because of the immediacy of Griffiths leaving. But why do we have to have another player on loan? Don't we have enough loans already? I don't care how good he is. He is not our player.
(31-01-2023, 11:09 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]The big problem was that when we did have some money in the kitty, the idiots making the decisions spent it all on Marquis and Harrison. No wonder the eisners are refusing to put their hands in their pockets again.

The recruitment team have to build up the trust again. It got so bad that they wouldn't even keep some of the half decent players they already had! As an owner, it is much better to buy cheap crap players than expensive crap players.

To be fair, Marquis and Harrison were signed by the monies made by the sale of Clarke and Lowe, so they didn't technically dip their hands in their pockets that time.

Eat what we kill etc.......
(01-02-2023, 03:09 AM)HotToddy Wrote: [ -> ]Agree with having the keeper on loan because of the immediacy of Griffiths leaving. But why do we have to have another player on loan? Don't we have enough loans already? I don't care how good he is. He is not our player.

To ensure people still have something to moan about?

The club have stated many times that they don’t want to rely on loans. January isn’t the best time for a squad rebuild and they probably wanted the best player they could get at the time to help get us up the table.

If it was 4 loans I would agree with you but the fans wanted money spent and money has been spent.
If you enjoy being in this league, then this has been a fantastic season.
After watching Pompey for around 48 seasons, if I now had to pay to watch this rubbish, I certainly wouldn’t.
There have been Januarys where no-one has come in, so four acquisitions seems okay to me. It looks like we wanted five but we always seem to miss out on one target. Of the four we have seen two in action and they look good. 

Now is a time for keeping the faith and giving all these new faces - from Hughes and Mousinho to Lane and Bernard - the benefit of the doubt. 
We have a tough month coming up starting with Barnsely and Plymouth. By March, we'll know if spring has arrived or this is another false dawn.
More false dawns than a French and Saunders convention
Certainly think the club came out of the window stronger than when it started and removed the liability that was Koroma, replacing him with someone who has already performed well at this level and shows promise for the future. Of the other permanent signing, Towler looks like he's good enough for the first team now and you'd hope will get better and better as he's given more starts.

I don't see how the loans could be criticised as the club badly needed a keeper and central defender and we've already seen that Macey is more in command of the area than Griffiths ever was. Unfair on Griffiths perhaps, but it needs to be said that at the time of his return to West Brom he had more career games under his belt when compared to Macey.

And Bernard was well liked by Salford and Hull supporters and has already been a regular at Championship level.

It doesn't matter who the club had brought in and on what basis, some people would still complain; they haven't spent silly money they haven't got and it's hopefully more progress being made. Looking forward to Saturday.
I think it is far too early to criticise the transfers under Mousinho's reign without looking like a fucking idiot, or worse than that, say for example a plastic sheets PFC Coalition mong.
Personally when you look at our starting line up for next season take out the loans it only needs a few tweaks keeper keep macey if he continues to impress and we can sign him. Other then that a right winger and a centre back.

Macey(if we can)
Swanson-??????-towler-ogilve
Lowery-pack-morrell
?????-bishop-lane

We have a far better starting base then the last 2 summers obviously need more strength in depth. But for a starting line up only tweaks
Keep Raggerssss
On paper is the team stronger or weaker after this transfer window?

If weaker then reason for complaint. If stronger then progress is being made.

Swear to god, the PFC Coalition lot would only be happy if we signed the entire Arsenal side right now.
(01-02-2023, 11:28 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Keep Raggerssss

Not a starter though we need better
(01-02-2023, 11:29 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]

You’ve got a downer on him haven’t you?

I really don’t know what you expect from a League 1 centre back.

He’s a good honest pro who gives his all and weighs in with a few goals when the team is functioning.

I think most teams in this league would be happy to have him.
(01-02-2023, 11:29 AM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]On paper is the team stronger or weaker after this transfer window?

If weaker then reason for complaint. If stronger then progress is being made.

Swear to god, the PFC Coalition lot would only be happy if we signed the entire Arsenal side right now.

They still wouldn’t be happy.
(01-02-2023, 11:36 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]

He’s a good honest pro who gives his all and weighs in with a few goals when the team is functioning.

He has been better under Mousinho because he’s not asked to do what Cowley was asking him to do but we need a more Mobil right centre half signed up for next season
(01-02-2023, 11:36 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]

I wouldn’t complain if we had someone better than Raggett though. He has his failings and but it would take a very good player to replace him. If such a player exists then I’d be fine with it.
(01-02-2023, 11:20 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]Personally when you look at our starting line up for next season take out the loans it only needs a few tweaks keeper keep macey if he continues to impress and we can sign him. Other then that a right winger and a centre back.

Macey(if we can)
Lowery-pack-morrell
?????-bishop-lane

We have a far better starting base then the last 2 summers obviously need more strength in depth. But for a starting line up only tweaks

Ogilvie is out of contract in the summer. 

I'd offer him a new one, but he may want to move on.
(01-02-2023, 01:03 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-02-2023, 11:20 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]Personally when you look at our starting line up for next season take out the loans it only needs a few tweaks keeper keep macey if he continues to impress and we can sign him. Other then that a right winger and a centre back.

Macey(if we can)
Lowery-pack-morrell
?????-bishop-lane

Ogilvie is out of contract in the summer. 

I'd offer him a new one, but he may want to move on.
We have a option on him
(31-01-2023, 11:19 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]2 loans and 2 perms with fees paid.

L1 young player of the season on a perm deal with fee paid. Had interest from Brighton last season

Man Utd CB on loan who had an excellent season in the championship last season and wanted by hull on a perm deal.

Fucking Eisners huh?

Ok I give up, which one of the Eisners are you?
(01-02-2023, 02:16 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]
(31-01-2023, 11:19 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]2 loans and 2 perms with fees paid.

Fucking Eisners huh?

Ok I give up, which one of the Eisners are you?

Which part do you disagree with?
Eisners are like marmite unfortunately. I don’t think they are bad owners just been naive. I also think they get labels unfairly and didn’t trust the jackett/cowleys with much money to spend after seeing so much wasted on fee’s and wages as well as probably loan fees
(01-02-2023, 03:05 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]Eisners are like marmite unfortunately. I don’t think they are bad owners just been naive. I also think they get labels unfairly and didn’t trust the jackett/cowleys with much money to spend after seeing so much wasted on fee’s and wages as well as probably loan fees

I don't think it has anything to do with trust. Just their stated policy. 

Their stated policy when bidding for the club was that they would invest in the ground and infrastructure like the training ground but not throw silly money at the team, who would have to operate on the famous 'eat what you kill' policy. Hence the policy of buying young payers that can be developed. 

They have stuck to their word, and funded covid as an unexpected extra, and provided a top half but not top three playing budget.  The fans have got what they voted for. If anyone has been naive it has been the fans who thought they would spend on the team when they said they wouldn't, even though they have increased the playing budget year on year, just nowhere near the likes of Ipswich & Sheff Wed and the relegated clubs.
Pages: 1 2