TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Say it how it is Guy...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not a big GW fan but in this sound clip from BBCSolent. He tells it how it is and spot on..!Pompey a million miles away from being a Championship club.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0dvgc...are-mobile
Grilled cod, homemade chips and mushy peas.
I’m shocked after hearing that, and it just shows how far we have fallen as a club. We have a brilliant fan base, miles better than anything else in the South of England, but that is not enough anymore.
The Eisners have a very long way to go, infrastructure wise.
Fcuking deflated now.
(02-02-2023, 07:27 PM)TheSyrup Wrote: [ -> ]I’m shocked after hearing that, and it just shows how far we have fallen as a club. We have a brilliant fan base, miles better than anything else in the South of England, but that is not enough anymore.
Fcuking deflated now.

As the first owners since El Tel to do a thing about the infrastructure, it was always going to take time.
Takes a lot longer to build foundations than it does to sign some flash mercenary who does not give a fck for the club fans or team. We had a fair few of those. 

Perhaps its time to rebuild the fan base too, with fewer prem wanna bees.
A "doom & gloom" podcast from Moonface & Whitts from over 3 weeks ago .... how wonderful.

I would think that most realistic PFC supporters & the CEO, DOF, CC & his coaching team already realise that re- establishing ourselves in the second tier of English football isn't going to be easy by any means at all.

We do however have a bigger fan base, more stable owners & bigger end potential than the likes of Luton, Wigan, Blackpool, Rotherham Reading & several more current Championship clubs.

We can only succeed with the continued investment by the owners, hard work of the players and coaching staff & continued support of us the fans.

#PUP#
Risotto tonight.
incidentally, if and when we move up a tier, that would put us back where we've been for most of my life. A mid size club struggling to stay out of the relegation fight in the 2nd tier!
It will probably be an ‘awful/shit league’ that everyone is desperate to get out of and everyone will curse the Eisners for not spending millions to get promotion to the PL.

If we ever get to the PL, fans will then attack the owners for not showing any ambition in not pushing for consecutive league championship titles.

Who’d want to be a football club owner?
Remember everyone, ambishunnn is winning every match and spending more money than anyone else
(02-02-2023, 07:27 PM)TheSyrup Wrote: [ -> ]I’m shocked after hearing that, and it just shows how far we have fallen as a club. We have a brilliant fan base, miles better than anything else in the South of England, but that is not enough anymore.
Fcuking deflated now.

The other way of looking at it is how far we have come infrastructure-wise since the fan buy out in 2013, when we were essentially a start-up club lucky enough to start within the football league. The distance from where we were then to the championship structure defined by GW was vast. Huge.  It was always going to take a long time to do. It explains why the Eisners have needed to concentrate on the infrastructure like improving the ground, buying a training ground etc rather than throw money at the team and go up with an unsustainable infrastructure. 

Now, that gap is much smaller, and to have achieved it without a penny of debt being loaded on the club is a fantastic starting point for a bright future.  
It just wouldn't have been so wrong to try and entertain us a bit at the same time.