TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Football Is tribal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I have never understood how people support football teams, in places they have never grown up in. Or where their parents, grow up in.

It's a bit like supporting France when you are English.

Portsmouth to me is a tribal thing. This is my City, and this is where my friend and family comes from.  

Without living in this city, how can you say this is your club?.

I have lived here my whole life, and hopefully will die here... Be proud of where you come from... If that Pompey so be it.

See you at the Park.
Who are u referring to?
Everyone.
Why? A bit random isn’t it? You sound like a vicar giving out pastoral advice.
Why the f*ck would you go to Fratton Park. And sing about a City you have never grown up in...

Like I said it's a tribal thing.. It's about your city, your people and your family... This is your home. Or is it?.
(03-02-2023, 08:14 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]This is your home.

Or the place where you were stationed, made a home, raised a family and supported your "local" team.
(03-02-2023, 07:47 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]I have never understood how people support football teams, in places they have never grown up in. Or where their parents, grow up in.

Portsmouth to me is a tribal thing. This is my City, and this is where my friend and family comes from.  

I have lived here my whole life, and hopefully will die here... Be proud of where you come from... If that Pompey so be it.

See you at the Park.

Your friend? You have 1 friend?
Right, thanks for the tip. Any tips for gardening?
(03-02-2023, 08:24 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2023, 08:14 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]This is your home.

Or the place where you were stationed, made a home, raised a family and supported your "local" team.

The first time I have agreed with you.

There is hope.Wink
(03-02-2023, 07:47 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]I have never understood how people support football teams, in places they have never grown up in. Or where their parents, grow up in.

See you at the Park.

You don’t have to live in Pompey to support the club you nob end.

So you do understand?
(03-02-2023, 08:24 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

See you at the Park.

Your friend? You have 1 friend?

You may find hard to believe, but many.Wink
(03-02-2023, 08:25 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

See you at the Park.

You can but it's not your City!...
Is this the same shite as your "indigenous" bollocks?
(03-02-2023, 08:24 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Right, thanks for the tip. Any tips for gardening?

If you have old rhubarb separate the old growth from the new now and add some cow manure. Leave it till next year to eat!.
(03-02-2023, 08:31 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]Is this the same shite as your "indigenous" bollocks?

A little bit. You do have people who have lived on this great island, for many generations. And this is what they sing about at Fratton Park.
But they have to have been born in Portsmouth?
(03-02-2023, 08:39 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]But they have to have been born in Portsmouth?

Yes to be true Pompey...
Or this is where your Parents come from.
Why anyone would want to support our shower of shit, I do not know. I support pompey out of duty rather than choice. It is not enjoyable. It's fucking chore.
You can dress a dog as a cat. But it's still a dog.... No matter how much you cry salty tears.
For all of my nearly 40 years I have lived and breathed this great city.... Nearly everyone I know lives here. And Portsmouth FC is about our City and our People.
(03-02-2023, 08:43 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Why anyone would want to support our shower of shit, I do not know. I support pompey out of duty rather than choice. It is not enjoyable. It's fucking chore.

But we wouldn't have it any other way!.
I've got friends in Petersfield, Guildford, Slough, and various other places across the south, who all support Pompey. Should they re-think that?
(03-02-2023, 08:28 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2023, 08:25 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

See you at the Park.

You can but it's not your City!...

I don’t support the city
(03-02-2023, 08:41 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2023, 08:39 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]But they have to have been born in Portsmouth?

Yes to be true Pompey...
Or this is where your Parents come from.

So by this logic someone born and bred in Leigh Park shouldn't support Pompey?

Likewise those from Nottingham shouldn't support Forest (West Bridgford) or those from Grimsby shouldn't support Grimsby (Cleethorpes)??

Heaven help the poor sods who are born in Cornwall!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4