TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Morrell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It will be good to get him back into the side.

Fuck knows what we do when Lowery returns. I like them both.

Pack had better turn up today!
Yes good to have Joe back today for sure
(04-02-2023, 07:10 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]It will be good to get him back into the side.

If he sticks to his preferred 433 I see no problem with a Morrell/Pack/Lowery middle three.
(04-02-2023, 10:49 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2023, 07:10 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]It will be good to get him back into the side.

If he sticks to his preferred 433 I see no problem with a Morrell/Pack/Lowery middle three.

I'd prefer Mingi, Pack & Lowery - Morrell & Mingi together are too small,  Pack isn't that tall.
(04-02-2023, 11:10 AM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2023, 10:49 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

I'd prefer Mingi, Pack & Lowery - Morrell & Mingi together are too small,  Pack isn't that tall.

??  Pack is 6ft2ins .... only Raggett & the new keeper are taller than that. 

I can see that Morrell & Lowery together could create a height problem, but there are both such good players at our level that it would be worth seeing if it works OK.
Mingi is quite tall, it’s Lowery and Morell who are the littluns
Don't think Lionel Messi is a giant but he can play football.
I don’t remember Morrells height being a problem, for Pompey or Wales.
early in the season lowery seemed to be the first pick with morrell coming on as he tired. seemed to work well then
I think Morrell has improved since Cowley went, he's not the only one they all have
(04-02-2023, 05:39 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]I think Morrell has improved since Cowley went, he's not the only one they all have

tuffnell notably
Still needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.
(04-02-2023, 06:01 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2023, 05:39 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]I think Morrell has improved since Cowley went, he's not the only one they all have

tuffnell notably

I think Morrell's improvement has come from getting back from the world cup rather than Cowley leaving. 

He was clearly playing in fear of missing the world cup before he went. Can't blame him for that, not many league one players get the chance to play on that stage.
(05-02-2023, 01:23 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2023, 06:01 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]

tuffnell notably

I think Morrell's improvement has come from getting back from the world cup rather than Cowley leaving. 

He was clearly playing in fear of missing the world cup before he went. Can't blame him for that, not many league one players get the chance to play on that stage.
Maybe he would like to pay half his wages back for the time up until the World Cup then if he was only putting in half the effort.
Having said that I really like him. Cheered when I heard we signed him and now feel we are seeing the best of him