TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Macey
Bernard, Raggett, Towler, Ogilvie
Tunnicliffe, Pack, Morrell
Jacobs, Bishop, Dale

Subs:

Oluwayemi, Hume, Lane, Pigott, Hackett, Thompson, Scarlett
(04-02-2023, 02:03 PM)Who_Am_I? Wrote: [ -> ]Macey
Bernard, Raggett, Towler, Ogilvie
Tunnicliffe, Pack, Morrell
Jacobs, Bishop, Dale

Subs:

Oluwayemi, Hume, Lane, Pigott, Hackett, Thompson, Scarlett

Wasn’t expecting that. Is Swanson injured?
Bit if a patchwork team that. Fingers crossed for a solid performance.
Swanson must be injured. Not even on the bench
Can Bernard play RB?

Would have gone with Connor filling in at RB and stuck Hume in on the left
(04-02-2023, 02:22 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Can Bernard play RB?

Danny? Is that you? Time to let go.  Tongue
Didn’t work very well with Ogilvie at right back before, did it?
Tunnicliffe weakest link imo
Swansom might have been due a break even if fit, hard league for a young player to be in every week.
plus Barnsley are usually a big physical team so an extra centre half might be helpful, especially one who has played games in the Champ
Decent bench with good players to come on later in the game, as did us so well earlier in the season.
Reckon we wuz robbed again when Bish had the ball in the net. Dubious offside, maybe. Interesting half, doing well against a good, very physical Barnsley side.
Not bad at all so far. Unlucky with disallowed goal but not creating all that much. Will be interested to see when Lane comes on in the second half.
Get in, the Bish
Great finish!
They wuz robbed
Good performance today. 1-1 was fair. Barnsley scored a perfectly good goal that the ref disallowed.
(04-02-2023, 04:55 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Good performance today. 1-1 was fair. Barnsley scored a perfectly good goal that the ref disallowed.

Much better.

Definite offside for our disallowed goal.

Barnsley robbed by the ref, for theirs. I would actually question it was a foul anyway, I thought Morrell pulled out of it.

Fair result and an entertaining game, can’t ask for more.

Surprised to see Jacobs come off, I thought he had a great game, for a change. I thought everyone played well.
Unfortunately their 89th minute goal came from the ball flicking off Bishop’s head
(04-02-2023, 05:09 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2023, 04:55 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Good performance today. 1-1 was fair. Barnsley scored a perfectly good goal that the ref disallowed.

Much better.

Definite offside for our disallowed goal.

Barnsley robbed by the ref, for theirs. I would actually question it was a foul anyway, I thought Morrell pulled out of it.

Fair result and an entertaining game, can’t ask for more.

Surprised to see Jacobs come off, I thought he had a great game, for a change. I thought everyone played well.

Well the established viewpoint is Jacobs can’t last 90 minutes so we better take him off or risk the ire of the people who say he can’t last 90 minutes
(04-02-2023, 02:32 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2023, 02:22 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Can Bernard play RB?

Danny? Is that you? Time to let go.  Tongue

Lol I was thinking the same
Enjoyed that, good performance and unlucky to only draw.

Woudn't argue a draw was a fair result but as for their disallowed goal The Ref had blown for the free kick before the shot went in.
could only listen on the radio but we sounded a much more positive side and thus the crowd was much more involved.
What is it about Pompey and long throws, can't score with them but often concede.
Didn't think Jacobs and Dale did much. Macey and Towler are both very good. Bernard after a howler did ok. I'd like to see a bit more of him, but he is a big strong boy. Lane wasn't on long enough to make a call.

I thought our gk heard the whistle so didn't make an attempt to save it. A fair result but I thought that ref was a perfect example of the low standard of referring in this division. He made it impossible for Bishop to actually win a ball in the air.

I know it was only his debut but I wasn't too impressed with the utd bloke. Redeemed himself going forward a bit in the second half but he was beaten nearly all the time in defence. Hope he improves but was surprised considering he's played championship football.

A question for any refs on here. Is it no longer an offence to block a quick attack? I can't remember the last time a yellow was issued.
As an ex Ref (a long time ago) Lawrence yes it is an offence but Referees seem to ignore it. Think the same with the amount of time their goalie held on to the ball in the 1st half., it used to be a 6 second rule but that has long gone. The Ref did eventually run a long way to the Keeper to have a word as they say. 2nd half obviously it all changed after Bishops early goal. The Referee today, Andy Woolmer is a Select Level 2 (Championship) although I for one on todays display can't believe that. Bishop was thrown to the ground in the 1st Half but Barnsley were given the free kick, that was one which really got the crowd going. He's probably driving home to Northamptonshire happy with his pay for the afternoon, cynical me
Pages: 1 2