TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Darren Moore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just been appointed as Sheffield Wednesday boss. This would probably explain Doncaster’s recent dip in form. Dr
(01-03-2021, 10:15 AM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Just been appointed as Sheffield Wednesday boss. This would probably explain Doncaster’s recent dip in form. Dr

Indeed. Just a matter of whether they now up their game tomorrow to prove they don't need him or if they retain a hangover from being left in the lurch. Interesting he has chosen to leave a potential promotion season for a probable relegation back to league 1.
Sheffield Wednesday probably have more long term potential than Donny, always assuming that  Bruno gets more than two seasons to sort Wednesday out (not many chairman reward failure with a contract extension).

I wish him well, always comes across very well in the few post match interviews I’ve seen and he was a decent player for Pompey. I know that some on here gleefully point out that Moore and Appleton are going through a ‘bad’ patch but I would still prefer either to Jackett.

Hopefully, Bruno’s move will improve our chances at Donny - a game we need to win and hope other results go our way if we are to close the gap between us and the Autos.

It’s grim Pompey not being in control of our own destiny as we move into the second half of the season but it was ever thus with Jackett.
(01-03-2021, 10:42 AM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]Sheffield Wednesday probably have more long term potential than Donny, always assuming that  Bruno gets more than two seasons to sort Wednesday out (not many chairman reward failure with a contract extension).

I wish him well, always comes across very well in the few post match interviews I’ve seen and he was a decent player for Pompey. I know that some on here gleefully point out that Moore and Appleton are going through a ‘bad’ patch but I would still prefer either to Jackett.

Hopefully, Bruno’s move will improve our chances at Donny - a game we need to win and hope other results go our way if we are to close the gap between us and the Autos.

It’s grim Pompey not being in control of our own destiny as we move into the second half of the season but it was ever thus with Jackett.
Yes have to agree. I would love to have seen Bruno here once KJ departs. Hoping he keeps Owls up as we prob don’t want to have to play them next season assuming promotion is not achieved.
The Wednesday chairman is a wingnut - "long tenure" doesn't appear to be in his vocabulary. I wouldn't have thought Bruno would have gone there without a big financial carrot being dangled for keeping them up.
Didnt Cook turn down the job because it was only being offered until the end of the season? Or am I getting my wires crossed?

Maybe they've now decided to offer a proper contract?
Bruno takes them down, gets fired, then he comes here.
Strange one, going along nicely at Donny then appears to down tools and completely lose interest when the first big club comes along and flashes its knickers
(02-03-2021, 10:26 AM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]Strange one, going along nicely at Donny then appears to down tools and completely lose interest when the first big club comes along and flashes its knickers

Yes, he doesn't come out of it very well abandoning a successful team mid-season.  Perhaps we dodged one there.
Maybe Donny are glad of the compensation they are going to get, especially if they’ve no income.