TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Roko
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So how much is an annual membership? (It doesn't say on the website) £1,000? £500? I heard our CEO saying that they have 2,000 members so that brings in £1-2M a year depending on how much the membership is. Not a bad way to pay for the upkeep of the training ground.
Can't be north of £30 a month, no fucker would pay it
(09-02-2023, 12:03 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]So how much is an annual membership? (It doesn't say on the website) £1,000? £500? I heard our CEO saying that they have 2,000 members so that brings in £1-2M a year depending on how much the membership is. Not a bad way to pay for the upkeep of the training ground.

I think it is 40 quid a month.   

That's 80k per month income but does the club get that ?  Not sure what the relationship with Roko is ? 

Anyone know ?
(09-02-2023, 11:35 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2023, 12:03 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]So how much is an annual membership? (It doesn't say on the website) £1,000? £500? I heard our CEO saying that they have 2,000 members so that brings in £1-2M a year depending on how much the membership is. Not a bad way to pay for the upkeep of the training ground.

That's 80k per month income but does the club get that ?  Not sure what the relationship with Roko is ? 

Anyone know ?

Once you factor in the running costs for Roko I doubt there'd be much left for the club as it is.

Anyone know ?

There isn’t a relationship since we bought it from Roko. It’s no longer Roko.
(09-02-2023, 12:57 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Anyone know ?

Then the £40 a month may be wrong ... that's what Roko are (still) quoting on their website for their Portsmouth centre.   I knew we had bought the site, but their website  made me wonder if we were renting the building still to Roko. 

I have to admit rebranding it the Pompey Heath & Fitness Centre had passed me by. But as Rick pointed out whatever the income is is will not be all profit.
It probably doesn't run a,profit but you get the synergy (I hate that word, its overused a lot) of owning a spa/gym that is paid for by the public but used by the squad.

It may not be a money maker but it would certainly be a money saver.
I might get down there and offer them £50 a month to see if they look favourably upon the deal.
(09-02-2023, 02:30 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]I might get down there and offer them £50 a month to see if they look favourably upon the deal.

Wish I could like this more than once!
(09-02-2023, 01:40 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-02-2023, 12:57 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Anyone know ?

Then the £40 a month may be wrong ... that's what Roko are (still) quoting on their website for their Portsmouth centre.   I knew we had bought the site, but their website  made me wonder if we were renting the building still to Roko. 

I have to admit rebranding it the Pompey Heath & Fitness Centre had passed me by. But as Rick pointed out whatever the income is is will not be all profit.

Can’t see any reference to Portsmouth on Roko.co.uk
This what I found ... obviously out of date. 

https://www.roko.co.uk/portsmouth/gym
Ok, I've been a member at PHFC (was Roko) since it first opened in c2001.  We only pay £39.99 a month (frozen since PFC took over & held for us until end of 2023)I understand that anyone who joined since November is paying £49.99 month minimum.

PFC have bought the freehold of the whole site so own it outright. Subscriptions are paid to Mosaic Health & Spa who run it for PFC (they have run/operated around 15 health/spa centres around the Uk for the last 20 yrs).  I would guess that a proportion of your fee will pay the overheads of the whole site so basically PFC will pay little or nothing.

The pools have been refurbished along with the changing rooms. All new Sauna, Spa & Steam rooms next to pool.

Upstairs gym is now 2/3 the size it was with all new "My Wellness" equipment, treadmills, cross trainers, all types of static bicycles, rowing machines, weight machines, free weights etc etc.

There is also a newly refurbished coffee lounge which we are told will be doing healthy meals in the future (not much good for that tub of lard Scumlover & his burger flipping colleagues)

New studios being formed upstairs from old spa area & former ladies changing rooms , old studios & other 1/3 of gym will become PFC main gym & there will be a seperate players lounge/ eating area & kitchens.

All former 5 a side pitches & tennis courts  will disappear as will PFC portakabins, some new pitches & an indoor dome will be installed.

There has been quite an influx of new members over the last couple of months,  lots moving from Nuffield (near Mountbatten). Also know that off peak is £52.99 at Village Gym & £59.99 for full membership.

There has been talk of an offer to PFC season ticket holders at some time in the future.

Ok, so not as cheap as Pure Gym but they don't have pool etc, you need to go at least twice a week preferably 3 times a week to make it worthwhile.

https://pompeyhealthandfitnessclub.co.uk/membership/
Mosaic Health and Spa, read from the top of TurdPurgers pay docket
(09-02-2023, 06:50 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Mosaic Health and Spa, read from the top of TurdPurgers pay docket

Wrong again Scumlover Tongue - It is the direct debit payee for the subscription to PHFC.

p.s. As I have told you several times I don' t work - I'm happily retired so dont get a "pay docket". I haven't had a "pay docket" since I worked in the transport business over 20 years ago, and as a self employed company director until I retired I didn't get a "pay docket""either. 

As a lifelong "Maccy Ds bloated burger flipper" you must have had plenty of " pay dockets" - does it denote your rank " Johnny No Stars " ...........
Toilet cleaning* business
Oh dear, Scumlover is now infatuated with bogs  ever since he was given the "customer toilet cleanliness checker" job at Maccy Ds.

He had to take it to boost his minimum pay by 5p an hour as his mummy wants more keep. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Customer toilet cleanliness* business
Here he is Scumlover in all his glory :-  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

https://imgflip.com/m/politics/tag/burger+flip+binger
I was over at the PureGym in North Harbour a while back when waiting for someone running the GSR. By far the nicest one of those I've been in (a member in Salisbury) but generally they are okay and at £19.99 suit me fine. I only ever go in to use weights 3 times a week and treadmill once so the extra money wouldn't be worth it for me.

Compared to the likes of David Lloyd and even Local Authority Leisure Centres then £49.99 a month seems to be pretty good value if you do a couple of gym sessions, the odd class, grab the occasional sauna and have a swim.
(10-02-2023, 02:10 PM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]I was over at the PureGym in North Harbour a while back when waiting for someone running the GSR. By far the nicest one of those I've been in (a member in Salisbury) but generally they are okay and at £19.99 suit me fine. I only ever go in to use weights 3 times a week and treadmill once so the extra money wouldn't be worth it for me.

Compared to the likes of David Lloyd and even Local Authority Leisure Centres then £49.99 a month seems to be pretty good value if you do a couple of gym sessions, the odd class, grab the occasional sauna and have a swim.

For £49.99 per month, I'd want a shower and rub down with one of Peter Crouch's ex-girlfriends.

No wonder everyone in Pompey seems to be getting fat as f*ck.
(10-02-2023, 11:40 AM)exturd wrote: Wrote: [ -> ]Here he is Scumlover in all his glory :-  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

https://imgflip.com/m/politics/tag/burger+flip+binger

After years of failure it's good to see Exturd has finally learnt how to embed a link. That CSE didn't do go to waste after all  Big Grin
 Posters would also do well to double check that £49,99 price as he's most likely confused it with his weekly wages (after tax) from cleaning the bogs down there. 

Squirt, wipe, polish, repeat....
Yes, it's £40 per month according to a friend who's joined.