TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Absolutely no idea attack wise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dale is on 100 thousand bonus to hit the 1st man or over everyone with his attempted crossing, truly fcuking awful 
Tunnicliffe, fcuking useless 
Jacobs is too slow
No service to Bishop
People moaned about harness but I would take him over dale
2nd best basically.
8 changes for Plymouth and this is men against boys, they could be 7-8 nil up, truly fcuking awful performance
Cmon Pompey, back in it
Except we've just scored. Ha-Ha
I think a few players have played their last game today
Jacobs just far too slow, Dale worked hard as usual but no end product. Other than that I thought it was OK against a very good Plymouth team.
Another day another disappointment but can’t complain. I am however laughing my tits off at that lot down the road. One nil up at home against ten men and they fuck it up again. Hey ho, every cloud and all that Big Grin
Cheered me right up, they are surely going down now
Yes and Mad Nate went straight down the tunnel after the customary shake of hands
(11-02-2023, 05:00 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]Jacobs just far too slow, Dale worked hard as usual but no end product. Other than that I thought it was OK against a very good Plymouth team.

We certainly should have learned a lot from today. I learned that Bernard should be centre back instead of Raggett and Olly needs to go out on loan somewhere to learn to get better at catching low shots. Parrying shots especially low ones often end up in opposition goals and we can’t afford that. Olly also needs to stop the air kicks too, good goalies don’t do that either
He’s 21 and has been thrown in at the deep end. He made four or five excellent saves and can’t really be faulted for the goals. Got a bad back pass from Raggett which he sliced and a nasty bobble off the turf. Should have stopped it first probably.
(11-02-2023, 05:07 PM)TheSyrup Wrote: [ -> ]Cheered me right up, they are surely going down now

(11-02-2023, 05:12 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]He’s 21 and has been thrown in at the deep end. He made four or five excellent saves and can’t really be faulted for the goals. Got a bad back pass from Raggett which he sliced and a nasty bobble off the turf. Should have stopped it first probably.

Plymouth targeted him and shot at goal at every opportunity, his reactions are good but his skills not so much. I reckon David James in his prime would have done a better job anyway
Jacobs is finished and Recco needs to start in place of Dale, especially as Recco is ours and Dale should be a back up loan. Lane has pace which we need and should’ve been on the left and maybe replaced by Jacobs later on. Lowery back for Tunnicliffe will be a great boost.
A collective bunch of second rate players who are led by a novice manager . What do people expect .
But I thought Dale and Jacobs were brilliant.
(11-02-2023, 05:27 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]But I thought Dale and Jacobs were brilliant.

Maybe they could be brilliant as subs. I seem to remember Jacobs doing some sterling work against tiring legs in the past. I just think that the starting line up could be tinkered with a bit, we actually played ok today compared to some of our lesser performances this season. We just met a superior team and that about sums it up
We lost at possibly the best team in the league
We go again.
Possibly? They’re top for a reason and we gave them a fright near the end. Could easily have made it 2-2 before Towler’s intercepted pass to Hume gifted them the third
(11-02-2023, 06:21 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Possibly? They’re top for a reason and we gave them a fright near the end. Could easily have made it 2-2 before Towler’s intercepted pass to Hume gifted them the third

If we’re being honest a draw would have been at least slightly an injustice to Plymouth who in my opinion fully deserved their win
(11-02-2023, 05:04 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]Another day another disappointment but can’t complain. I am however laughing my tits off at that lot down the road. One nil up at home against ten men and they fuck it up again. Hey ho, every cloud and all that Big Grin

Say what you like about the Premier League, but I do like looking at their league table right now
(11-02-2023, 07:02 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2023, 05:04 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]Another day another disappointment but can’t complain. I am however laughing my tits off at that lot down the road. One nil up at home against ten men and they fuck it up again. Hey ho, every cloud and all that Big Grin

Say what you like about the Premier League, but I do like looking at their league table right now

Big Grin Being the petty minded twat that I am, I’ve probably looked about half a dozen times in the last day or so. For some, unknown reason, it seems to trigger a chuckle attack.
(11-02-2023, 05:16 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-02-2023, 05:07 PM)TheSyrup Wrote: [ -> ]Cheered me right up, they are surely going down now

(11-02-2023, 05:12 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]He’s 21 and has been thrown in at the deep end. He made four or five excellent saves and can’t really be faulted for the goals. Got a bad back pass from Raggett which he sliced and a nasty bobble off the turf. Should have stopped it first probably.

Plymouth targeted him and shot at goal at every opportunity, his reactions are good but his skills not so much. I reckon David James in his prime would have done a better job anyway

In contrast, we seem to make a point of not putting any pressure on their untested goalie.

At the end of the day, you can polish a turd as much as you can but it's still a turd. And our squad are (currently) lightweight turds that might run about it but, when it comes down it, are just turd at football. Feel sorry for our goalkeeper having to operate behind such a weak midfield and disjointed defence. I hope he doesn't get hounded out by the fans because it could have been worse without some of his saves.

There are encouraging signs with the new signings and if we can get rid of KrappiKliffe (surely there's a non-league team in Australia that'll take him) and start playing players in their actual positions we might have a chance next season.