TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Owen Dale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I wish we could of sent him back I really don’t know what he does. He seems to have pace but won’t take his man on. Gets in to positions to cross then doesn’t and the attack breaks down every time.
I’m glad he’s only on loan and we don’t need to put up with that next season
Could have* :-)

Agree. He's another one of those players like Andy Barcham who think football is about collecting the ball, running the length of the pitch with it and then losing it
He’s just another greyhound, we’ve had lots in the lower leagues. Lane on the left , Recco on the right.
Great term. Add Williams to that list
(12-02-2023, 10:44 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]He’s just another greyhound, we’ve had lots in the lower leagues. Lane on the left , Recco on the right.

And drop Tunniclffe to allow Bishop and Pigott to be paired together, up front, and we should really have something. By the by, why isn't Thompson playing, he appears to be fit?
Who was that Miller that Plymouth had? He was mustard. Dangerous, skillful, pacey. Someone like that would be good.
Dale has earned the right to be dropped, by his own admission.
Time for someone else to be give a run in the side, their stats can hardly be worse for assists and goals.
Mickel Miller, yes he looked very good, on loan from Rotherham I believe.
(12-02-2023, 03:08 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]Mickel Miller, yes he looked very good, on loan from Rotherham I believe.

shame that so many loanees are affecting the season around the lower leagues
(12-02-2023, 02:59 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-02-2023, 10:44 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]He’s just another greyhound, we’ve had lots in the lower leagues. Lane on the left , Recco on the right.

And drop Tunniclffe to allow Bishop and Pigott to be paired together, up front, and we should really have something. By the by, why isn't Thompson playing, he appears to be fit?

433 is working- ish so a front 3 of Lane/Curtis, Bishop, Recco should score goals. If we played 3 strikers up front we would need to play 343.
(12-02-2023, 03:08 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]Mickel Miller, yes he looked very good, on loan from Rotherham I believe.

Hi chaps, first post, Miller is our player signed from Rotherham in the summer, unfortunately for him and us he’s had serious injury issues, yesterday was his first start since November.
Pretty sure we were after him at one stage.
(12-02-2023, 05:04 PM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty sure we were after him at one stage.

I believe he had injury issues at Rotherham and was the reason they released him.
Not just us that take on lame ducks then?

He and Scarlett both produced pieces of magic, yesterday. Love seeing players do that.
Seeing that Reeko has scored five this season in 14 starts, does that not make him a better statistical bet than Dale. Equally energetic, bigger, not sure how many assists.
Has his ups and downs which makes him a typical winger from my experience.
Goals per game stats make him pretty prolific.
Personally much prefer Hackett to Dale. Would like to see him start more often. He is a decent finisher just not really a genuine winger. More of an inside forward
I’d play Hackett, Dale gets so much of the ball and delivers nothing.
(13-02-2023, 12:40 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]I’d play Hackett, Dale gets so much of the ball and delivers nothing.

Get your point but when Hackett has started a game he hasn't really contributed too much either.  Hopefully the recruitment team can uncover an Alan Rogers type winger in the summer and not someone like Dale/Koroma/Hackett who has to predictably turn inside to stick in a cross or shoot every time.
(13-02-2023, 11:21 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Goals per game stats make him pretty prolific.

5 in 14 is excellent.  I just looked up the stats for Ricky Holmes in his one full season with us - 2 goals in 40 league games, still enough to make him our player of the season (admittedly the competition at the time wasn't great).  But it was some way below his goals per game ratio with any other club for which he played a significant number of games - 1 in 3 at Charlton.  Always hard to know how far data should determine decisions, but you have to try things, or you'll never know.
(13-02-2023, 12:37 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]Personally much prefer Hackett to Dale. Would like to see him start more often. He is a decent finisher just not really a genuine winger. More of an inside forward
Where do you play inside forwards these days? No.10?
Hackett has come on and scored and caused Nathan to score an o.g. and had another seemingly perfectly good goal disallowed all in about 20 minutes of the last two games, not having featured in Mou’s previous three I believe. That’s more than Dale’s done in his last 30!
(13-02-2023, 01:11 PM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-02-2023, 12:40 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]I’d play Hackett, Dale gets so much of the ball and delivers nothing.

Get your point but when Hackett has started a game he hasn't really contributed too much either.  Hopefully the recruitment team can uncover an Alan Rogers type winger in the summer and not someone like Dale/Koroma/Hackett who has to predictably turn inside to stick in a cross or shoot every time.

But he has 5 more goals and I’m sure more assists than Dale. Dale looks great on the ball and works hard but produces nothing. Rather have someone on who is capable of scoring and improving. I’d like to see improvements in the summer too.
When Curtis is fit I'd like to see Lane on the Right & Curtis on the left.
It would be nice to give opposing defenders something to think about on both flanks.
Pages: 1 2