TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The view from Argyle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great support from you guys yesterday.  

Most big followings go quiet at Argyle when they go behind but you were easiest the noisiest all season.  

There wasn’t much in it.  Essentially, we had a bit more up front than you did.  You were competitive all over the pitch but seem to lack strikers with pace or presence.  You seemed on top in midfield for long periods but your strikers never really got hold of the ball or made a telling run.  

Was surprised how unfit / slow your back four were in the final 10 minutes….I guess the new manager will fix that.  And does that right back play every week as he may get targeted if he’s not careful….

The players certainly gave everything for the club.  Best of luck for the rest of the season.
Good to see an objective post from someone who went to the game.
(12-02-2023, 09:02 AM)The Realist Wrote: [ -> ]Good to see an objective post from someone who went to the game.

I was at the game and that certainly is a fair assessment of the match.

Surprised he didn’t mention our keeper’s dodgy kicking though, which bordered on the farcical at times.
The RB is a CB and that was only his 2nd game for us, hopefully he’ll be playing CB soon.
A magnanimous post from the OP, appreciated.

Certainly sounds like us.

The RB is languid, but our of position. He is class and will surely be at CB imminently.
A balanced view of the game, from the OP.

Plymouth are top on merit.

It was a good game to watch. We put up a battle but were beaten by a better side.
(12-02-2023, 10:29 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]A magnanimous post from the OP, appreciated.

Certainly sounds like us.

The RB is languid, but our of position. He is class and will surely be at CB imminently.

He definitely has something about him for a big lad, and at times yesterday it was just as well he had long legs!
The keeper didn't help settle the defence, as good as a shot stopper he was he had some jittery heart in mouth moments.
It was one of those topsy turvy games where we could have come away with a 2-2 draw yet Plymouth could have scored 5 or 6. The better team won.
the team has been better with Macey in goal but he was ill. He seems particularly good at coming out in one on one situations.
Congrats PAFC. Only fucking insanely jealous tonight
They have deserved it this season, and to me gives hope for all of us in this league without the champ relegation money to spend.
(29-04-2023, 05:47 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats PAFC. Only fucking insanely jealous tonight

Yep, pasties will be munched and cider supped tonight in gut busting quantities. As long as they inflict pain on the scummers next season I hope they enjoy life in the Championship. I wonder if they’ll manage to hang on to their manager?
(29-04-2023, 06:03 PM)Slagger Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-04-2023, 05:47 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats PAFC. Only fucking insanely jealous tonight

Yep, pasties will be munched and cider supped tonight in gut busting quantities. As long as they inflict pain on the scummers next season I hope they enjoy next season in the Championship. I wonder if they’ll manage to hang on to their manager?

or will he hang on to his job if they are bottom by Christmas.?

Yep, pasties will be munched and cider supped tonight in gut busting quantities. As long as they inflict pain on the scummers next season I hope they enjoy life in the Championship. I wonder if they’ll manage to hang on to their manager?

Or hang onto their loanees who happen to be some of their best players.
(29-04-2023, 06:56 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]

Yep, pasties will be munched and cider supped tonight in gut busting quantities. As long as they inflict pain on the scummers next season I hope they enjoy next season in the Championship. I wonder if they’ll manage to hang on to their manager?

or will he hang on to his job if they are bottom by Christmas.?

We don’t want to see them bottom at Christmas, that spot is reserved for the scum!