TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Neil Warnock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just taken over at Huddersfield. Another missed opportunity I feel. He would have been ideal as caretaker manager until the end of the season. May have got us to the play offs as well. I hope JM works out o.k. but a huge game I feel.
Agreed. I think Warnock would have been a great fit and he actually said he'd like to come here.

Never mind.

Fingers crossed for Mosinho.
(14-02-2023, 02:42 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Just taken over at Huddersfield. Another missed opportunity I feel. He would have been ideal as caretaker manager until the end of the season. May have got us to the play offs as well. I hope JM works out o.k. but a huge game I feel.

Did you have an accident or have you always been like this?
If we had wanted a short term caretaker he would have been ideal.  

But I can't imagine why we would have wanted to waste the opportunity for a new manager to have the opportunity to manage the team for a few months so he can properly assess what is needed in the summer.
Ok Deep, but isn’t that what happened more or less with Danny Cowley?
(14-02-2023, 04:13 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Ok Deep, but isn’t that what happened more or less with Danny Cowley?

Not quite ... Cowley wanted a longer job to develop from his 'trial period'. 

Warnock doesn't  - he wasn't offering to be a long term solution.
Why on earth is he going for that job at this time so far from home? His wife must be horrendous to live with.
(14-02-2023, 05:54 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Why on earth is he going for that job at this time so far from home? His wife must be horrendous to live with.

most wives are...
Why on Earth would Neil Warnock come here? He has history with Huddersfield and has only agreed to help them out because he is chummy with the owner.
Lets get behind our young upandcoming manager instead of some dinosaur.
(14-02-2023, 03:14 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-02-2023, 02:42 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Just taken over at Huddersfield. Another missed opportunity I feel. He would have been ideal as caretaker manager until the end of the season. May have got us to the play offs as well. I hope JM works out o.k. but a huge game I feel.

No need to get personal just stating a few facts although there was a typo should have read gamble...

Warnock would have done a good job, given the players a kick up the backside & given the club more time to appoint a long-term Manager.
(14-02-2023, 06:31 PM)Cleaver Greene Wrote: [ -> ]Why on Earth would Neil Warnock come here? He has history with Huddersfield and has only agreed to help them out because he is chummy with the owner.

He publically came out and send he would like to go to Pompey until the end of the season, considered it a great club, and one that he would like to manage.

And by a dinosaur do you mean the guy with the most promotions in football league history?

What a terrible fit.
(14-02-2023, 08:17 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]

No need to get personal just stating a few facts although there was a typo should have read gamble...

Warnock would have done a good job, given the players a kick up the backside & given the club more time to appoint a long-term Manager.

We didnt need more time to appoint a long term manager, you might have noticed we’ve got the a new head coach?

When did Warnock last do a good job? He’s 74 ffs.

Jesus Christ wouldn’t get us in to the playoffs this season.
Warnock is never going to be Pompey manager and I for one am very happy about that. Can we finally put this one to bed?
Same mongs that want Harry, ONeil and Taylor back. They tend to turn up on Pompey Facebook groups. It's a shame they don't stay there!
O'Neil is doing a pretty good job at the moment?
His heatmap doesn't look that great to be honest
(14-02-2023, 10:02 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

We didnt need more time to appoint a long term manager, you might have noticed we’ve got the a new head coach?

It's now all water under the bridge but he wanted the job & it wasn't about money. Forget his age look at Hodgson it's all about experience at this level. But obviously you can't see that. We should have made the play off given our good start. We've failed yet again!
(29-04-2023, 04:12 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-02-2023, 10:02 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

It's now all water under the bridge but he wanted the job & it wasn't about money. Forget his age look at Hodgson it's all about experience at this level. But obviously you can't see that. We should have made the play off given our good start. We've failed yet again!

We couldn’t afford him.
Pleased to see him succeeding in keeping Huddersfield up - almost safe now.
"It's all about experience at this level".

Unless you're the manager of the 2 clubs who've pissed the league and both lkely to hit the 100 points plus mark his season of course.....
Colin Wanker I salute you. A job well done. Might be an idea to end your career on a high.

And a nice short away trip for us at Reading next season.
(14-02-2023, 06:31 PM)Cleaver Greene Wrote: [ -> ]Why on Earth would Neil Warnock come here? He has history with Huddersfield and has only agreed to help them out because he is chummy with the owner.

That dinosaur has just kept Huddersfield up.
(05-05-2023, 09:32 AM)Sharpe* Wrote: [ -> ]

That dinosaur has just kept Huddersfield up.

That dinosaur knows how to win, just like Wilder.

Give me old and knows what he’s doing, over ‘young and up and coming’ any day of the week.
The success of Plymouth and Ipswich would indicate that young and up coming was very much the way ahead.

Even in the championship neither Burnley nor Sheff Utd have experienced managers.
Reading relegated. What a waste of space that club is. If they were on the coast they'd be the scum