TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Negativity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’m really surprised by some of the negative reviews of last nights game. We were miles ahead of burton that had just won their last 3. The stats show that as well

You can see the progress on the pitch now it’s going to take a while to get out of cowleys habits and going to take a while for things to click properly.

I’m quite looking forward to moushino getting his own players in 

It’s not as big a re-build as people (on Twitter) are making out most of the players out of contract you wouldn’t want to keep anyway
(15-02-2023, 06:13 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]I’m really surprised by some of the negative reviews of last nights game. We were miles ahead of burton that had just won their last 3. The stats show that as well

You can see the progress on the pitch now it’s going to take a while to get out of cowleys habits and going to take a while for things to click properly.

It’s not as big a re-build as people (on Twitter) are making out most of the players out of contract you wouldn’t want to keep anyway

That was as bad a game a football I've seen this season - even though we won! Never heard the crowd at Fratton so quiet with not even any sign of booing or cheering. It's like people were being forced to watch bang average players for too long.

Must admit I thought any team that commits to putting 11 men on the goal-line stands a chance of getting at least a point. And Burton nearly grabbed all three. We are just too slow and have zero creativity. Aimlessly playing head tennis and hoping somebody makes a mistake. Get the ball on the floor and most of the krappy teams in this league can't handle it.

I do think Richard Hughes (let's be honest, he's the one doing the signings) will get some decent players in for next season.
Not the greatest game but I've seen worse. I thought kicking towards the Milton End we started ok and fell away as we often do, a friend called it hardly sciintillating at half time and he was right. Josh had kept us from going in 1 down at half time, 2nd half he again made a great save, apart from a couple of crosses and corners he didnt have much more to do. To their credit Pompey kept going, at least they tried to play football down the wings, I can think of 3 created chances in that 2nd half but shot over the bar every time (Bishop, Lane and Dale) before MacG pulled off the great save from Bishop which came from a Rafferty cross. I think quite a few had left by the time the winner came, it was what we deserved if only for the 2nd half performance. We are 10th in the league for many reasons, some of our players are not good enough for one but certainly there was no lack of effort last night especially in the 2nd half.
If we don't have a pre-contract agreement with Macey tied up for next year, we should be playing Oluwayemi every game.

We have no chance of playoffs so let's not waste ANOTHER season giving game time to someone else's players. Let's try and salvage something from this carcrash of a season.
Well we do have a chance, even though it's going to be pretty tough. If my maths are correct there's still 51 points to play for and we're currently 12 points off the playoffs. We should and I'd absolutely expect us to be putting every effort to go for it until its no longer mathematically possible, not just give up  mid season and sulk.
(15-02-2023, 11:33 AM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-02-2023, 06:13 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]I’m really surprised by some of the negative reviews of last nights game. We were miles ahead of burton that had just won their last 3. The stats show that as well

That was as bad a game a football I've seen this season - even though we won! Never heard the crowd at Fratton so quiet with not even any sign of booing or cheering. It's like people were being forced to watch bang average players for too long.

Must admit I thought any team that commits to putting 11 men on the goal-line stands a chance of getting at least a point. And Burton nearly grabbed all three. We are just too slow and have zero creativity. Aimlessly playing head tennis and hoping somebody makes a mistake. Get the ball on the floor and most of the krappy teams in this league can't handle it.

I do think Richard Hughes (let's be honest, he's the one doing the signings) will get some decent players in for next season.
I agree Lawrence it was bang average, not much to cheer about at all. Burton came to stop us playing and they were a pretty physical lot ( I think they picked up about 6 yellows). What we need most was creativity, we’ve got effort in bucket loads but not much else at the moment. Maybe Pack and Lowery in midfield will make a difference.
(15-02-2023, 02:47 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]If we don't have a pre-contract agreement with Macey tied up for next year, we should be playing Oluwayemi every game.

We have no chance of playoffs so let's not waste ANOTHER season giving game time to someone else's players. Let's try and salvage something from this carcrash of a season.

Oluwayemi doesnt have a contract for next season.
the biggest problem last night was our lack of pace to get at them before they got 10 bodies back in the box.
We do need to be prepared to go long when the usual defensive wall has just had a corner for instance, and leave whoever we feel best to exploit that as the one up front at that point, Reeko might be a good call for that particular job.
(15-02-2023, 03:25 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-02-2023, 02:47 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]If we don't have a pre-contract agreement with Macey tied up for next year, we should be playing Oluwayemi every game.

If Hughes and Mousinho see Oluwayemi as a future number one then we should enter contract negotiations since he is our player.

That's twice I've explained this to you so stop repeating yourself, and stop shouting.
(15-02-2023, 06:57 PM)HotToddy Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-02-2023, 03:25 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

If Hughes and Mousinho see Oluwayemi as a future number one then we should enter contract negotiations since he is our player.

That's twice I've explained this to you so stop repeating yourself, and stop shouting.

I wasn’t shouting. And do we know they aren’t in contract discussions with him?
(15-02-2023, 03:06 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]

I agree Lawrence it was bang average, not much to cheer about at all. Burton came to stop us playing and they were a pretty physical lot ( I think they picked up about 6 yellows). What we need most was creativity, we’ve got effort in bucket loads but not much else at the moment. Maybe Pack and Lowery in midfield will make a difference.
Lowery yes. Pack?

Pack, more and more, displays signs of being disappointed with his lot. It’s as though he’d made up his mind that he’s a Pompey boy and a class above the rest and he wanted to come back to Fratton and be the modern day Merson, leading Pompey back up the leagues. Unfortunately, he hasn’t got the players around him to do it. Neither has he the qualities needed to inspire the players around him to do greater things than they are normally able. He’s a good player but lacking in the steel to lead others. The third goal conceded, against Plymouth, showed everyone what Marlon Pack is about. He needs to be led by a player/players better than him.
(15-02-2023, 09:40 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

Lowery yes. Pack?

Pack, more and more, displays signs of being disappointed with his lot. It’s as though he’d made up his mind that he’s a Pompey boy and a class above the rest and he wanted to come back to Fratton and be the modern day Merson, leading Pompey back up the leagues. Unfortunately, he hasn’t got the players around him to do it. Neither has he the qualities needed to inspire the players around him to do greater things than they are normally able. He’s a good player but lacking in the steel to lead others. The third goal conceded, against Plymouth, showed everyone what Marlon Pack is about. He needs to be led by a player/players better than him.

I would imagine he is far from the only player very disappointed by being signed for a promotion team and ending up in a mediocre mess as we have been for the middle of the season.
(16-02-2023, 10:02 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-02-2023, 09:40 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

Lowery yes. Pack?

I would imagine he is far from the only player very disappointed by being signed for a promotion team and ending up in a mediocre mess as we have been for the middle of the season.

But he’s been made captain and he’s supposed to be one of our own. Would you have given up that challenge and then tried to blame a junior member of the squad? Reeco put him right, in no uncertain terms.