TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: OLUWAYEMI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
One thing for sure we must NOT ever, never  think of sending OLUWAYEMI anywhere - except for International call ups. 

PLEASE do not EVER think of letting him go like Bass. He is a star in the making.
No, sorry, the Club has identified goalkeeper as a loan position. He'll be gone at the end of the season.
(15-02-2023, 09:32 AM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]No, sorry, the Club has identified goalkeeper as a loan position. He'll be gone at the end of the season.

They had to get someone in, they didn’t want a loan but couldn’t get what they wanted perm.

I’d still have Macey in goal when he’s fit.
We should certainly send the green tights out on loan somewhere. Never thought I would see a Pompey player in tights. There again last nights light show came across as pretty naff as well. ?
He's one of 14 players out of contract in the Summer. For me he's a young un that they should be trying to get signed to a deal
(15-02-2023, 09:48 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-02-2023, 09:32 AM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]No, sorry, the Club has identified goalkeeper as a loan position. He'll be gone at the end of the season.

They had to get someone in, they didn’t want a loan but couldn’t get what they wanted perm.

He's the third in a row.
Oluwayemi is definitely worth keeping as back up. He has proved he can play in this division and is young enough to develop into a very good keeper. Worth a 2 yr contract.
And because we can't achieve promotion this season, we should be giving him as much game time as possible to support his development.
Unless we intend to buy Macey.
(15-02-2023, 02:54 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]

He's the third in a row.

You Danny Cowley has left right?

You know the club have said they don’t want to rely on loans and told DC that?

You know the keeper DC got on loan left unexpectedly meaning we had to get someone quickly in the Jan transfer window?

Would you rather of got a shit keeper in because he was a perm signing or got in a keeper who has performed brilliantly and saved us many points?

They tried to get a perm keeper but couldn’t get the quality they wanted.
(15-02-2023, 03:02 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]And because we can't achieve promotion this season, we should be giving him as much game time as possible to support his development.

We want to finish as high as possible and should be playing our best players to do that. Macey is the better keeper in my opinion.
(15-02-2023, 03:24 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-02-2023, 03:02 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]And because we can't achieve promotion this season, we should be giving him as much game time as possible to support his development.

We want to finish as high as possible and should be playing our best players to do that. Macey is the better keeper in my opinion.

Under normal circumstances, yes. But if playing Macey means we finish 8th or 9th instead of 10th or 11th, what's the point? You've wasted valuable game time on someone else's player. It completely lacks strategic long term thinking. 

And I note that we don't have a contract for oluwaymi for next year. Why would we? Lol what a shower of shit our club is at the moment.
I would expect the manager to play the best players available to him at all times, regardless of their situation.
(15-02-2023, 09:18 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]One thing for sure we must NOT ever, never  think of sending OLUWAYEMI anywhere - except for International call ups. 

PLEASE do not EVER think of letting him go like Bass. He is a star in the making.

He possibly has a good future but needs to work on large areas of his game.

Very good shot stopper no doubt about it, but a lot of the time he has to be because of his lack of comnand of his area and poor distribution. 

I hope he achieves the standard required of course.
(15-02-2023, 03:47 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]I would expect the manager to play the best players available to him at all times, regardless of their situation.

I would also expect him to fill his squad with the best players he can by whatever means possible within the rules.
(15-02-2023, 03:45 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]

Under normal circumstances, yes. But if playing Macey means we finish 8th or 9th instead of 10th or 11th, what's the point? You've wasted valuable game time on someone else's player. It completely lacks strategic long term thinking. 

And I note that we don't have a contract for oluwaymi for next year. Why would we? Lol what a shower of shit our club is at the moment.

The club is very far from being a ‘shower if shit’ and supporters of other clubs would no doubt be amused by such a concept.

The club is more stable financially, the ground is in better condition than it has been in living memory, the team is close to being a challenger for promotion (not this year admittedly). We also have a bright young manager who looks like he will do well.

There is much to be happy about and only a pessimist of the highest order would think otherwise.
Repeating the same mistakes year after year after year has sapped me of any residual optimism. I agree I'm a pessimist but if your public strategy is to buy young players and develop them, why aren't we doing that on the pitch? We should change our statement to : we will borrow other clubs players and play them down the spine of the team ahead of our own youngsters.

I'd be more content if they were honest about it.
(15-02-2023, 04:05 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Repeating the same mistakes year after year after year has sapped me of any residual optimism. I agree I'm a pessimist but if your public strategy is to buy young players and develop them, why aren't we doing that on the pitch? We should change our statement to : we will borrow other clubs players and play them down the spine of the team ahead of our own youngsters.

You must of missed the signings of Hume, Swanson, Towler and Lane.

The loan issue was a DC problem, he’s gone. Macey was an emergency, we had 2 very young inexperienced keepers.
(15-02-2023, 04:05 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Repeating the same mistakes year after year after year has sapped me of any residual optimism. I agree I'm a pessimist but if your public strategy is to buy young players and develop them, why aren't we doing that on the pitch? We should change our statement to : we will borrow other clubs players and play them down the spine of the team ahead of our own youngsters.

But we do buy young players to develop them, that's how come we have the likes of Swanson, Towler, Hume, Mingi, Lane & Oluwayemi and there are others we bought young some time ago  and have developed like Curtis & Hackett.  And the likes of Lowery & Bishop come somewhere outside of the 'young' category but still qualify for the potential for development bit.  

That's a big proportion of the squad, topped up by some older seasoned pros like Pack, Rafferty, Robertson & Ogilvie because you need experience too and the rest filled by loans.  You can argue that loans should improve the first team (the Cowley way) or that loans should be used to fill the squad with reserves (the jackett way (mainly)) but to argue that we should have no loans and put ourselves at a disadvantage to all the other clubs like Plymouth that we are competing with is a nonsense as long as the loan system exists (which I'd probably rather it didn't but quite glad it does to avoid having signed the likes of Walker & Dale on permanent contracts).  

But I fail to see what the difference is between a one year loan for Bazunu, and a one year contract for Oluwayemi. In both cases the player can walk away after a year if he wants, and in both cases there are ways of extending the loan or extending the contract .  But I know who I think is the better keeper to have in the team. 

Also, these days even the difference between a one year loan and a two year 'permanent' contract are narrower than they were because the two year contract can look elsewhere after 18 months, and if you want to make a profit on him you have to sell him after one year.  Players hold all the cards when it comes to contracts since Bosman, and the end result is replacing nearly half the squad every summer no matter what, which makes the sort of continuity you seem to be begging for a thing of the past.
(15-02-2023, 03:01 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Oluwayemi is definitely worth keeping as back up. He has proved he can play in this division and is young enough to develop into a very good keeper. Worth a 2 yr contract.

but can he develop by sitting on the bench?

Tough call if we think we can still make the play offs as Macey has made a real difference to the team.
If Macey is only a loan and not available to sign then there is a big call to make for the long term growth of our team.

I said very similar regarding Bazunu/Carter/Bernard et al.

Absolutely zero point in them when the rest of the team is mediocre and they're not going to make any worthwhile difference.

Are they keeping us up? No.
Are they taking us up? No.

They're just making a couple of mid table position difference.
(15-02-2023, 07:07 PM)simonfkwit Wrote: [ -> ]

I said very similar regarding Bazunu/Carter/Bernard et al.

Absolutely zero point in them when the rest of the team is mediocre and they're not going to make any worthwhile difference.

Are they keeping us up? No.
Are they taking us up? No.

They're just making a couple of mid table position difference.

And we lose a few more games than we would have playing our strongest squad and people will blame JM and then the owners for appointing a manager who loses and for our league position. The young players will lose confidence because they are probably getting boo’d for not winning games we should.

Sounds like a good idea to me.
(15-02-2023, 03:21 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

He's the third in a row.

You know the keeper DC got on loan left unexpectedly meaning we had to get someone quickly in the Jan transfer window?

Would you rather of got a shit keeper in because he was a perm signing or got in a keeper who has performed brilliantly and saved us many points?

You wanna try that in English? Big Grin
(15-02-2023, 09:22 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

He's the third in a row.

What part of the English have you struggled with? Is it your second language?
(15-02-2023, 10:00 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-02-2023, 09:22 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-02-2023, 09:48 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]They had to get someone in, they didn’t want a loan but couldn’t get what they wanted perm.

He's the third in a row.

What part of the English have you struggled with? Is it your second language?
after Pompey innit?
Pages: 1 2 3