TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Pigot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seems to make a habit of heading a cross back into the 6 yard box for a simple finish.
Good attribute to have
It earned us 3 points when quite a few had left early
Despite his failure to break in to the team in any big way this season, I'd sign him on a free if he was available in the summer. There is a decent player in there as he proved at Wimbledon.
(16-02-2023, 11:23 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Despite his failure to break in to the team in any big way this season, I'd sign him on a free if he was available in the summer. There is a decent player in there as he proved at Wimbledon.

Still got another year left at Ipswich I believe.
Yes his contract at Ipswich expires in the summer of next year
(16-02-2023, 11:48 AM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Yes his contract at Ipswich expires in the summer of next year

Shame.

But they have got so many forwards they might release him if it ends up with no-one offering a fee for him by the end of the summer. Especially if they go up and are not strengthening competitors by doing so.  (Not that I think they will go up).
They are in a bit of freefall at the moment. For one thing they are seeing how inconsistent Harness can be
There is still time for him to make regular starts and justify being signed for a fee.
(16-02-2023, 12:06 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]They are in a bit of freefall at the moment. For one thing they are seeing how inconsistent Harness can be

And there also finding out george hirst isn't as good as people made him out to be
Tbh I wouldn't sign Piggot, if we are to sign another striker he needs to be pacey & be able to run the channels etc. Piggot has zero pace, Bishop hasn't got any either.
Dale can run up and down. It's sticking the ball in the net that matters and, to be fair to Bishop, he is doing that.
(16-02-2023, 05:10 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Dale can run up and down. It's sticking the ball in the net that matters and, to be fair to Bishop, he is doing that.

Dale isn't a CF TBP.
(16-02-2023, 05:10 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Dale can run up and down. It's sticking the ball in the net that matters and, to be fair to Bishop, he is doing that.

I would agree that we desperately need one attacker with some pace. Pigot does seem very capable of setting chances up, so maybe we can keep and use him and add someone with pace in place of Scarlett next season?
(16-02-2023, 07:22 PM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]

Dale isn't a CF TBP.

No, but he is a good example of a forward who runs about a lot with no end product. Wingers are also expected to score.
(16-02-2023, 04:14 PM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]Tbh I wouldn't sign Piggot, if we are to sign another striker he needs to be pacey & be able to run the channels etc. Piggot has zero pace, Bishop hasn't got any either.

The answer is to play Piggot with Scarlett with Bishop in reserve.

Piggot can hold up the ball with his back to goal & set up chances for Scarlett who has the pace to frighten defences.

I hope we play with 2 up front at Lincoln.
We wont. JoMo plays 433
(17-02-2023, 10:14 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-02-2023, 04:14 PM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]Tbh I wouldn't sign Piggot, if we are to sign another striker he needs to be pacey & be able to run the channels etc. Piggot has zero pace, Bishop hasn't got any either.

Piggot can hold up the ball with his back to goal & set up chances for Scarlett who has the pace to frighten defences.

Drop our top goal scorer....Okkkkkkk

You want to drop Goably Bishop?!?
(18-02-2023, 03:15 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Not drop keep in reserve for 2nd half to give Piggot & scarlet a chance to play together. 

He then comes on fresh in the 2nd half for one of them.

Plymouth have done this a few times with Hardie their top scorer & it's worked.

Today like Burton 1st half he's battling away on his own upfront getting No support.

We'll never know if Piggot is any good if he's only given late sub appearances.
(18-02-2023, 04:14 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]

Not drop keep in reserve for 2nd half to give Piggot & scarlet a chance to play together. 

Today like Burton 1st half he's battling away on his own upfront getting No support.

That’s why you would play him with Bishop, not drop Bishop ffs.
(18-02-2023, 04:22 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

That's fine if they can play off each other.
(18-02-2023, 04:51 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-02-2023, 04:22 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-02-2023, 10:14 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]The answer is to play Piggot with Scarlett with Bishop in reserve.

That's fine if they can play off each other.

If they can’t then Piggot doesn’t play. You don’t drop your top scorer