TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Next season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

It looks like unless we go on a miracle run we should be planning for season.l presumably play 433

With out of contract players leaving not many I’d keep. Oluwayemi, Thompson and curtis(if terms are right. The rest can go.

Goal keeper - Toby Savin free agent at the end of the season from Accrington Stanley good young keeper lots of league one games fits the model. Or if Macey continues to impress. That leaves josh and Toby Stewart as back up.

Full backs - I don’t think need major surgery maybe move Hume on or further up the pitch and use Liam Vincent as back up to Ogilve. 

Centre back - right side need someone comfortable on the ball left side back up to Towler ideally 2 in. Would love Nathan Thompson back (out of contract at posh) experienced and recently got promoted out of this league and I’d imagine would love a chance to play along side his brother.

Midfield 3- we have Pack, Lowery, Morrell and Thompson no spark in them plus playing a 3 in my opinion need 2 in Tommy Leigh would be a good signing only 22 from Portsmouth would need a fee. As well as someone like Sean Clare from chalton (free agent), maybe the link with mousinho might be enough to persuade Cameron Brannagan to come here from Oxford (free agent) probably goes to the championship though.

Front 3 - we only currently have Lane and bishop signed up so getting Curtis to resign is probably needed. Which would give us the left right and through the middle with no depth at all. James Norwood from Barnsley (free agent) good experience to push Bishop maybe even over bishop. One other is macaulay langstaff smashing goals in for notts county. But we really need some pace so really need 3/4 in for the front 3. Not sure who/ where we get that from. Corey Blackett-Taylor always takes us apart(contract expires this summer) get some cleaver loans from prem teams someone like Jesurun Rak-Sakyi from palace but might even be pushing to get in their squad next season. 

I’ve only really quickly used transfermarkt for players that might fit what we need. I’m sure people with more knowledge than me could come up with names. I’ve also mainly used free agents as there are some very good ones available but would have to act fast.
Right sided central defender needed.

Shift Pack, Jacobs and Hume.
Brannagan would be a good shout, if not then keep Tunnicliffe (who was good yesterday, btw).

Lane hasn’t pulled up any trees in the last two games. I hope we haven’t bought another disappointment.

Macey seems to be proving he’s no fluke.

Get rid of the loanees and let the squad grow together. I’m not fussed if we don’t even make it next season, I just want to see improvement with what we’ve got. Hacked off with all this desperation over getting someone new in, every transfer window. Small changes/additions.
Ogilvie is out of contract. Getting him signed up has to be the #1 priority.
(19-02-2023, 08:16 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Right sided central defender needed.

Brannagan would be a good shout, if not then keep Tunnicliffe (who was good yesterday, btw).

Lane hasn’t pulled up any trees in the last two games. I hope we haven’t bought another disappointment.

Get rid of the loanees and let the squad grow together. I’m not fussed if we don’t even make it next season, I just want to see improvement with what we’ve got. Hacked off with all this desperation over getting someone new in, every transfer window. Small changes/additions.

Right centre back would be Nathan Thompson if we could bring him back and paddy lane really needs to be on the Right with Curtis back I’d imagine dale gets dropped next week so hopefully see lane probably
At least 3 players needed with some pace, as long as the can play football as well as run Big Grin
(19-02-2023, 08:33 AM)simonfkwit Wrote: [ -> ]Ogilvie is out of contract.  Getting him signed up has to be the #1 priority.

We have a option for another year
All very interesting but can I respectfully suggest to those of you diligently rebuilding our squad for next season to take a good hard look at our injury list from September onwards.
Just adding a touch of realism.
Taking a look at our goal scorers this season.... We definitely need to add some real quality to our squad in the midfield and striker department. Are our owners willing to spend to achieve this, that will be the question?.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/teams...op-scorers

With out Bishop goals this season, I hate to think where we would be!.
(19-02-2023, 08:35 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-02-2023, 08:16 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Right sided central defender needed.

Right centre back would be Nathan Thompson if we could bring him back and paddy lane really needs to be on the Right with Curtis back I’d imagine dale gets dropped next week so hopefully see lane probably

But Nathan Thompson is a full back FFS.
We definitely do not need a R/B when we have Rafferty who has to be one of the most experienced in the league and also one of the best young R/B in Swanson.
(19-02-2023, 10:39 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-02-2023, 08:35 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]

But Nathan Thompson is a full back FFS.

Can play at centre back as well and Luke I said in original post I only did it quickly from transfermarkt on out of contract centre backs
There are some viable suggestions above, and the small light on the horizon indicates that, with an impressive contribution from Mr Eisner, we will have a top four squad next term.

The one Elephant in the room remains the horrendous amount of injuries sustained ..... and maintained, this season !

There needs to be a very close examination to identify the reason(s).

Is it down to Coaching methods; treatment regime; or something fundamentally wrong with the pitch/facilities at ROKO ?

OR were we just very unlucky All season with the injury catalogue ?
Next season
GK
CB
Left and right wingers who can cross
2x strikers- 1 established I up and coming.

We have enough midfielders if we can get and keep them fit
Lowery, Thompson, Pack, Morrell, Mingi and Tunnicliffe are more than good enough for this division .
IMO We need to shift Hume, Freeman, Curtis and Jacobs and maybe Robertson.
(19-02-2023, 11:44 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Next season
GK
CB
Left and right wingers who can cross
2x strikers- 1 established I up and coming.

We have enough midfielders if we can get and keep them fit
Lowery, Thompson, Pack, Morrell, Mingi and Tunnicliffe are more than good enough for this division .
IMO We need to shift Hume, Freeman, Curtis and Jacobs and maybe Robertson.

Lowery, Thompson and Pack somewhat unavailable this season. Morrell only really performing since the World Cup.
If Mingi progresses at the same rate, when he’s fit again, we’ll have a midfielder with pace and power to get into the box.
I would hope that with our link and inside knowledge of Chelsea's young guns we can get a couple of very decent youngsters with southern based families, the latter often seems a problem with younger players from the far north for example.