TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: 42 points?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think we've avoided demotion. Right?
and 10 wins from 16 for the playoffs ? 

We could do with a few of the players believing that was achievable even if the fans have mostly given up.
Yes have given up on my relegation bet.

Playoffs incredibly unlikely, but not impossible.

Once we've officially nothing to play for, surely we should be giving Josh O some pressure free games to get him used to playing senior football and see what he's capable of.
11 points still needed from the remaining games, for certainty.
(19-02-2023, 11:12 AM)simonfkwit Wrote: [ -> ]Yes have given up on my relegation bet.

Playoffs incredibly unlikely, but not impossible.

Once we've officially nothing to play for, surely we should be giving Josh O some pressure free games to get him used to playing senior football and see what he's capable of.

Why ?  He can walk away in the summer if he wants. We've just as much chance of signing Macey, and he is the better keeper.
We have an option on Josh, so we've clearly got a better chance of signing him.
Macey does look the best all round keeper we've had since Forde but he is still contracted elsewhere.
(19-02-2023, 10:23 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Macey does look the best all round keeper we've had since Forde but he is still contracted elsewhere.

Yes, but they only paid 100k for him and he is nowhere near their first team so he must be a realistic target for us. At the very least for a season's loan. 

And I think Bazunu was better than Forde (who was also 'contracted elsewhere') .
(19-02-2023, 02:19 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]11 points still needed from the remaining games, for certainty.

Yes, usually 50 points is enough but not guaranteed.

But looking at performances, they are no-longer relegation-like. We are creating some more chances and are just coming up short when trying to win.

I think 10th is where we'll end up
(20-02-2023, 11:08 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-02-2023, 10:23 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Macey does look the best all round keeper we've had since Forde but he is still contracted elsewhere.

Yes, but they only paid 100k for him and he is nowhere near their first team so he must be a realistic target for us. At the very least for a season's loan. 

And I think Bazunu was better than Forde (who was also 'contracted elsewhere') .

100K would sound a very good price for  keeper at just the right age who does look more than decent.
£100K is bargain rate for a top keeper but No guarantee they will sell or that 's the price.
(22-02-2023, 12:38 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]£100K is bargain rate for a top keeper but No guarantee they will sell or that 's the price.

That's what they reportedly paid for him.  As he hasn't played for them, difficult to see how they can argue his value has increased
We don't pay decent wages though. Not sure this is realistic unfortunately.
On 51 points tonight with 3 wins from 3 games. All those who were advocating Bishop being dropped form an orderly queue down Goldsmith Avenue
Joint top of the Form table (last 5 games) with Wednesday and Barnsley - 13 points each out of the last 5 games. And guess who we have to play in the next 2 games!
(04-03-2023, 05:25 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]Joint top of the Form table (last 5 games) with Wednesday and Barnsley - 13 points each out of the last 5 games. And guess who we have to play in the next 2 games!

Looking forward to testing ourselves against these two. We'll still be the underdogs but the pressure will be on Barnsley and Sheffield to go for the wins. Should make the games entertaining.
If we carry on like this, that win v Bolton might've been very important, and we have Derby penultimate game. At the moment, at least, they look like the most catch-able play off teams. Then Wycombe last game. Suddenly some excitement and hope.