TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Cheltenham Town
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
At Home tomorrow. They sit 3 points above the bottom 4, so won't come to entertain for sure.  I am not sure what midfielders we have available.  Morrell and Tunnicliffe started at Lincoln. Thommo was an unused sub. I keep seeing reports Lowery is nearing full fitness. Anyone know for sure ?  I'll go for 2.0 Pompey
Will Dale finally be dropped? I doubt it.
Will Bishop and Pigott finally be paired together? I also doubt it.
They may still have enough to win.
2-1 tomorrow I think we conceded early 0-1 at half time but subs change the game
I was surprised to read that Dale put in a number of good crosses in the last game. My memory was of him putting one behind the striker and another over the goal.
YES quite - Perhaps we should fine him £100 for every unnecessary step over when in good crossing position?
3-0 for me. Everything is finally going to click. 
Gotta stop drinking rum on a Friday night. It's making me delirious
(24-02-2023, 11:41 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]Gotta stop drinking rum on a Friday night. 

Don't do that!

Deebo

Ahaaarr. True. Don’t ee be supping that grog on a Friday, matey.
(24-02-2023, 06:42 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I was surprised to read that Dale put in a number of good crosses in the last game. My memory was of him putting one behind the striker and another over the goal.

Apparently we have been working on different types of crossings in training this week.  Wink
Some kidology with Dale hopefully: "They're lovely Owen, but this week we are going to do some different ones that land in front of the goal"
It's The Hustle (Steve McQueen) strategy. Deliberately miss by not much....then WHOOSH - clear the table..
(25-02-2023, 09:45 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Some kidology with Dale hopefully: "They're lovely Owen, but this week we are going to do some different ones that land in front of the goal"

Big Grin 

Let’s see if he’s learnt anything. It would be just our luck for him to suddenly come good and then go back to his club.

A bit like Hirst.
I’m wishing the plump, ginger lady lineswoman all the best today.
What a fantastic half. Such movement around the box.

Poor old Bish, missing that one on one. Worse than that Diamond one.

A brilliant goal by Tunnicliffe (who just about edges MOM). Anyone believe he shouldn’t be in the side?

Jacobs, with acres of space for his goal.

Great to see Curtis get a goal at last. Putting his finger to his lips, in front of the Cheltenham fans? Even he looked like he suddenly realised how cruel that was.

Dale has been sublime but still managed to just miss out on a goal.

We need to absolutely pulverise this lot and we look very capable of doing so.
(25-02-2023, 11:35 AM)Cliff Portwood gave me a lift Wrote: [ -> ]It's The Hustle (Steve McQueen) strategy. Deliberately miss by not much....then WHOOSH - clear the table..

Paul Newman.
(25-02-2023, 04:00 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]What a fantastic half. Such movement around the box.

A brilliant goal by Tunnicliffe (who just about edges MOM). Anyone believe he shouldn’t be in the side?

Great to see Curtis get a goal at last. Putting his finger to his lips, in front of the Cheltenham fans? Even he looked like he suddenly realised how cruel that was.

Good job Tunnicliffe did n't take your advice not to shot from distance!
(25-02-2023, 04:08 PM)The Realist Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-02-2023, 04:00 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]What a fantastic half. Such movement around the box.

MY advice?
Bishop should have scored three, one in the first 30 seconds! He's no good when he's got too much time. Got two assists though.
(25-02-2023, 04:06 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-02-2023, 11:35 AM)Cliff Portwood gave me a lift Wrote: [ -> ]It's The Hustle (Steve McQueen) strategy. Deliberately miss by not much....then WHOOSH - clear the table..

Paul Newman.

Of course! Thank you.
(25-02-2023, 05:03 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

MY advice?
That lifted the spirits  Big Grin
A good days’ results. Pompey win, scum lose, England beat Wales in the 6 nations, and are battering New Zealand in the 2nd test.
Thought the first half Cheltenham were as poor as I've seen at Fp. Macey didn't have a shot to save. The visitors with a couple of subs made improved after the break, it was a pity we didn't convert 1 or 2 of the many chances we created kicking towards the Fe. Having said that what a corker from Thommo. All in all as Slagger says, a good day's results
(25-02-2023, 06:27 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]That lifted the spirits  Big Grin

Back down to earth on Tuesday, though.
(25-02-2023, 05:03 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

MY advice?
Pages: 1 2