TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Player ratings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Macey. Did his job. 7
Ogilvie. Not as effective as he can be going forward. 7
Towler. Probably the best I’ve seen him play. 7.5
Raggett. Solid apart from his one dodgy ball. 7.5
Rafferty. Such class. 7.5
Morrell. Good energy driving forward. 7.5
Tunnicliffe. Sheer class and a great goal. 8
Jacobs. As above. 8
Curtis. Good in the first half, not so good in the second. 7
Dale. Much better in the first half. 7.5
Bishop. Much better at assisting others to score. Couldn’t hit a proverbial…6.5

Thompson. What a fucking goal! 7.5
Scarlett. If only he hadn’t slipped. 7
Lane. Surprised he didn’t replace Dale on the right. 6.5
Pigott. Not really involved. 6.5
Hume. Why on the right?? 6
Morrell mom all day long
(25-02-2023, 05:21 PM)TheSyrup Wrote: [ -> ]Morrell mom all day long

Morrell plays the “pack” role Better than pack.
Macey.7 We need him signed up asap.... Not needed most of the day but when called into action reliable.
Ogilvie. 7.5 Mr up and down some good crosses
Towler. 7.5 Good partnership in the making with Raggett Great slide tackle in the box.
Raggett. 7.5 Showing why he is one of the best in the league
Rafferty. 7.5 Showing his class never puts a foot wrong
Morrell. 8 Does the engine room stuff great..
Tunnicliffe.8 Been bright for the last few weeks.... The cynic in me is saying it's to find a new club.
Jacobs. 8.5 MOTM Great game and the man who finds the killer pass.
Curtis. 6.5 Didn't do to much, but like he has done many times before.. Knows where the goal is.
Dale. 6 Running around like normal... Nearly scored one of them montage goals.
Bishop.6 Needs one off the ass...Disappointingly a few got on his back after 3rd miss …

Thompson. 6.5 Great goal
Scarlett. 5 Didn't do anything.... Never going to play for Spurs
Lane. 5 Only really the shot to shout about
Pigott. 6 A few nice bits of link up play.. Didn't get a shot on goal
Hume. Not on long enough
The space they were giving to Ogilvie in the first half was the key to our dominance, so I made him a candidate for MOTM, just behind Morrell & Jacobs. 

But lets face it, they were so shyte in the first half scoring three goals was no great achievement, and I'd argue 4-0 was a below par return for that game. When you consider we hit the bar twice, and Bishop missed three easy chances, it could have been 9-0.
I was disappointed with Ogilvie, who didn't push forward at all for most of the first half. Their left back was so poor he almost made Dale look good. Meanwhile, Curtis had a very tough time against a good right back. Tunniclffe was very good and, hold on to your hats, I actually thought Jacobs was good.
(25-02-2023, 07:41 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]I was disappointed with Ogilvie, who didn't push forward at all for most of the first half. Their left back was so poor he almost made Dale look good. Meanwhile, Curtis had a very tough time against a good right back. Tunniclffe was very good and, hold on to your hats, I actually thought Jacobs was good.

Blimey, it's amazing how people can see the same game differently. 

I saw Ogilvie virtually camped in their half in the first half hour, with space to link up with Jacobs and Curtis and allow us to dominate possession (77% apparently in the first half).

And I thought their right wing back was very poor against Curtis, but much of that was because he had Ogilvie to contend with as well.
If your main goalscorer is going to have an off day, then the day when the rest finally step up to the plate is a pretty good choice.
(25-02-2023, 05:17 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Macey. Did his job. 7
Jacobs. As above. 8

I think a full apology over Jacobs is due Cunni as you wanted rid of in the January Transfer Window!
I think he has been very mediocre with flashes of brilliance and I’d still get rid.

Tunnicliffe started ok, then was crap and has now hit a run of consistent form. If we could get some cash for him, based on that form, then he’d be another candidate to go.

Same with Pack.

Nothing to apologise for. We need consistency not players who turn up when they feel like it.
(26-02-2023, 03:18 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I think he has been very mediocre with flashes of brilliance and I’d still get rid.

Tunnicliffe started ok, then was crap and has now hit a run of consistent form. If we could get some cash for him, based on that form, then he’d be another candidate to go.

Same with Pack.

Nothing to apologise for. We need consistency not players who turn up when they feel like it.

Tunnicliffe is out of contract in the summer isnt he ? If so, no fee there.
Oh well.
(26-02-2023, 03:27 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-02-2023, 03:18 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I think he has been very mediocre with flashes of brilliance and I’d still get rid.

Same with Pack.

I thought we had a 1 year option on tunni
(26-02-2023, 04:00 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-02-2023, 03:27 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Same with Pack.

I thought we had a 1 year option on tunni

If we have I would think it would be 50/50 if either party will want to take it up. But if we decide to release him rather than give him a pay rise it will still mean no fee.

Same with Pack.

I'm disappointed in you as he's had 2 Outstanding games recently which you've acknowledged!
(26-02-2023, 04:33 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]

Same with Pack.

I'm disappointed in you as he's had 2 Outstanding games recently which you've acknowledged!

Tunnicliffe has had the same. I am consistent, unlike Jacobs.
As regards consistency have any of our players been consistent over the whole season? (consistently good!)
Ogilvie perhaps? Rafferty possibly but out for months.

If you want to finish top two you need a first eleven who pretty much put it in week in week out, unless playing with an injury for some reason, as per Merson being played with injections in his knee.
(26-02-2023, 02:58 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-02-2023, 05:17 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Macey. Did his job. 7
Jacobs. As above. 8

I think a full apology over Jacobs is due Cunni as you wanted rid of in the January Transfer Window!

1 performance doesn’t make a season. He’s not consistent enough.
Where have you been, moosh? Injured?
Best game I've seen us play in... I don't know tbh!

We've watched some serious rubbish in the past 10 years!

My ratings:

Macey: 7. Solid. A big improvent on the previous.
Ogilvie: 7. Solid as ever.
Towler: 8. Quality. Even went forward!
Raggett: 7.5. Back to near his best.
Rafferty. 7. Good.
Morrell. 8. A sound performance all round.
Tunnicliffe. 8.5. An excellent performance and my motm.
Jacobs. 8.5. Also an excellent performance.
Curtis. 7. Good and I expect him to get better too.
Dale. 7.5. One or two wasteful moments but generally really good.
Bishop. 6. Assists were good but missed two sitters. Low on confidence.

I actually didn't particularly want to go down but I'm glad I did!

PUP!