TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Post Cheltenham thoughts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We absolutely looked the business first half. Regardless of how poor Cheltenham were (or weren’t), we did everything right.

Goals coming from all areas of midfield. 
Dale should have scored one of the goals of the season (but he didn’t )   Smile
It was a moment that encapsulated his entire season so far. Blinding skill and then…doh!

Bish should have had three easy goals. As Hammie made the excellent point, if your striker is going to have an off day, time for everyone else to do the business. That’s four easy (for him) chances in a row. He needs a tap in or a successful one on one, to regain full confidence.

That Thompson goal. I really felt sorry for the keeper. It was like the ball was radio controlled and if it had suddenly dropped down and shot between his legs, it wouldn’t have looked much stranger.

We needed a win like that. It could so easily have been nine nil, the chances were really that good. 

Bolton might be a little more concerned than they were but they’ll be a different proposition.
We won it within the first half hour then it was like a training game hopefully that gives us fresh legs for Tuesday
Yes, they weren't great
But that is exactly the sort of team we have so often struggled to break down at home.
Very annoying because set up correctly we do/did have the players to get to the play offs but will have to start all over again come the Summer with (as the News points out) so many of these big hitters (for this level) out of contract.
My thoughts are it's funny how after a change of manager, a reasonable upturn of results and a nice comfortable thumping of Cheltenham there's no talk of there being something rotten at the club or of know nothing yank managers who spend fuck all.
(26-02-2023, 09:20 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, they weren't great
But that is exactly the sort of team we have so often struggled to break down at home.
Very annoying because set up correctly we do/did have the players to get to the play offs but will have to start all over again come the Summer with (as the News points out) so many of these big hitters (for this level) out of contract.

Funny how so many professional footballers decide to start doing their job when the end of their contract is in sight....
There is absolutely no way we would have won it like that under the Chuckle Brothers. Well done to the board
I thoroughly enjoyed our performance yesterday. I reckon most 4-0 wins include a few missed chances so not going to moan about the misses. We did, however score 4 excellent team goals and although Bishop missed 3 he was very involved in all the 1st half goals so not going to knock him too much. Tunnicliffe is like a new player under JM, Morell is playing great. It's just such a shame that we stuck with the Cowleys for a couple of months too long .