TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Ht
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What a game!

Pompey on top, for the most part. Bolton very dangerous in attack but Pompey with the best chances.

A few notable performances. Jacobs with aggression in the tackle…never seen that side of him before.
Dale everywhere. If he can keep this up, I’ll be gobsmacked. What a shame he tried to go round Trafford.
Raggett in fine form.

Can we keep this up in the second half? If we can then Bolton are in for a rough ride.

Regardless of the result, this is a cracker.
need toget going again, we don't seem quite at it yet
Reminded me of the days we were in the proper 2nd div Wink
proper old fashioned Pompey night under the lights
Reminded me of the Wigan game last season when we came from 2.0 down to win 3.2
(28-02-2023, 10:03 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]proper old fashioned Pompey night under the lights

I Remember an evening game against Birmingham ?
I think that was the night when Ray Pointer broke his leg.
But what a night ,40K standing crowd I believe?
I seem to recall we had never lost a league game under lights until some time not so very long ago?

I love Tuesday nights, sad to hear a while back that the leagues are trying to phase them out (more foreign coach influence?)
I think it was more a woke move to save electricity in the current so-called crisis.
(01-03-2023, 07:55 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]I think it was more a woke move to save electricity in the current so-called crisis.

I seem to recall it being about reduced crowds at northern outposts influenced by fewer away fans.
That and making room for midweek cup fixtures from EFL trophy to European ties. I still say we should play the early midweek cup games instead if pointless pre season friendlies.