TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Tired and demotivated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
About sums it up for me and the team.
Anybody remember excitement....
(02-03-2021, 09:05 PM)kindofblue Wrote: [ -> ]Anybody remember excitement....

Soul destroying
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
not my usual response but reminds me of one particular poster on here
and seems totally appropriate tonight.
Sav's Z key is sorely needed on the Politics board
Just think ? If Donny,Ipswich and Blackpool win their games in hand we'll be down to at least 8th. Lets hear it for the King Kenny lovers.

Deebo

I don't think you'll find too many of those around this morning. Come to think of it there are none left except Tomsk and from what he posts he doesn't watch the games anyway.

The team last night looked like it had been drawn out of a hat.
(03-03-2021, 07:26 AM)Deebo Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think you'll find too many of those around this morning. Come to think of it there are none left except Tomsk and from what he posts he doesn't watch the games anyway.

The team last night looked like it had been drawn out of a hat.

A hat into which someone forgot to put the names of Hiwula and Byers. Hiwula is in the 'might get the last 10 minutes when the game is lost' hat and Byers is in the 'sits on the bench all game' hat.
Old Kenny loves to have a Lloyd Isgrove bench warmer every year doesn't he?  I think Hiwula would struggle to get minutes even if we were down to 11 fit players, although I did see him play a few games at Walsall and he really wasn't all that much then.
(03-03-2021, 09:54 AM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote: [ -> ]Old Kenny loves to have a Lloyd Isgrove bench warmer every year doesn't he?  I think Hiwula would struggle to get minutes even if we were down to 11 fit players, although I did see him play a few games at Walsall and he really wasn't all that much then.

I had forgotten Lloyd Isgrove. Yes he really was a bench warmer. Just looked up his career stats to see how he's doing.. currently at Bolton. career now reads 9 years 8 clubs 110 games 3 goals. Makes you wonder why we brought him here at all.
As backup in case of injuries surely. 

You have to sign reserve players too you know and if they never make the first team they have still served a purpose.
I seem to recall the management saying they would only get players in January. If they were better than what we had. I havent seen any evidence of this. Like every other January the players we bring in don't offer any improvement in fact in my opinion every season the players bought in appear to have had a detrimental effect on the existing squad certainly in performance and possibly on team morale. Jackett and Gallens time is surely coming to an end. Whether there is anyone available now who could make a difference I would hope Cattlin is aware of as im sure they would be looking  for next season in any case. A few clubs have made recent appointments who I'm sure could have improved the team and i would have hoped that someone of the calibre of Pearson was on that list. Without a change I can see us falling out of the playoff positions which was unthinkable only 8 weeks ago.
(03-03-2021, 11:33 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]As backup in case of injuries surely. 

You have to sign reserve players too you know and if they never make the first team they have still served a purpose.

If their only purpose is to sit on the bench with no chance of playing even when the team is as poor as a Jackett team then you might as well sign me for a fraction of the wages. I could sit on the bench thank you. Big Grin How many injuries would be needed for Isgrove to have got in the team I wonder? This season he has two players he claimed could open up the opposition but doesn’t use them when we are desperate for inspiration.
Byers is a strange one. He looked very good a few games back but hasn’t had a sniff since. Jackett’s handling of some players has been awful in his time here. Dropping Naylor in the play-offs. WTF.? Maybe it’s true, he doesn’t want us to go up.
(03-03-2021, 11:42 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe it’s true, he doesn’t want us to go up.

Or people above him in the hierarchy, who'd have to put their hands in their pockets to make the club competitive at that level, don't want to go up.