TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Ratings v Bolton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Macey. Fuck, he’s big. Must be bloody murder to get past him. Fortunately for Dion Charles, he didn’t have to. 8

Ogilvie. Good physical battle. 8

Towler. More and more impressive. There was talk of ‘it would be good to see Robertson back from injury’. Why?? Two goals as well. 8.5

Raggett. Powerhouse, in the air. 8

Rafferty. Was always there with a timely challenge. Makes the defence complete. 8

Tunnicliffe. Three shooting chances, none of them easy, but he had them. 7.5

Morrell. Tackles everyone, like they’ve shagged his missus. 8.5

Jacobs. Tremendous work rate and tackles in the first half. Rightly taken off in the second. 8

Curtis. Whole hearted performance. Still needs to sharpen up. 7.5

Bishop. Great showing against Santos. What a goal and I’d just like to say that that was my party trick and it ain’t easy! 8

Dale. Wtf is he on? It’s tiring just watching him. He was everywhere and tried everything, fearlessly. If he gets a goal the place is going to erupt. Just can’t seem to get that rub of the green. Probably put in more yards than Morrell and at twice the pace. 8

Scarlett. Not quite as fast as we might imagine him to be but gave Bolton something different to think about. 7.5

Pigott. Got stuck in to the task but I still don’t see what he brings. 7.5
Too true about Morrell, he’s like a little terrier.
A very good aground performance. Not one player was off his game. Are the playoffs still on that’s the question now, I personally think we will give it a right good go but I believe we need someone in that top 6 to go on a really bad run for it to happen and I am struggling to see who will. Could well be an interesting end to the season.
Macey: 7 - a proper keeper. Really pleased with him.
Ogilvie: 7 - had to work really hard, couldn't get forward too much.
Towler: 9 - really solid at the back, scored a brace! If a clean sheet I would have given more.
Raggatt: 7 - seems confident again next to Towler. Marking at first goal questionnable. Good.
Rafferty: 7 - gave the ball away a bit but also provided going forward.
Tunnic: 6 - some good battling in midfield but missed 3 good chances.
Morrell: 8 - industrious with quality to boot.
Jacobs: 7 - battled hard if not quite as effective as previous game.
Curtis: 7.5 - gave the ball away occasionally and still a little rusty but battled hard and added bite and aggression needed against Bolton
Bishop: 7.5 - fought and did quite well against Santos who often fouled him. Silenced the fools questionning him.
Dale: 6 - not his night. Missed a great chance. Some of his balls in were poor and hollywood flicks in midfield positions were dangerous. Worked hard though and just needs to keep going.
I'd settle for an exciting end to the season ending in glorious failure to make the play-offs by goal difference. Anything is better than a season fizzling out with 8 or 10 games to go. 

What is encouraging is that the players have clearly not given up as easily as the fans (and the News) .
(01-03-2023, 08:49 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I'd settle for an exciting end to the season ending in glorious failure to make the play-offs by goal difference. Anything is better than a season fizzling out with 8 or 10 games to go. 

What is encouraging is that the players have clearly not given up as easily as the fans (and the News) .

I don't think it's a case that the players haven't given up, it's just they don't have the pressure and expectation on their shoulders. They have a free hit thanks to most of them downing tools in December and January.

Also, I hope krappikliffe's mostly insignificant display last night will put to bed all that "man of the match" talk after he turned up for a bit against Cheltenham Quadriplegics FC. He was fecking shit as usual and anyone who thinks that cross was intentional aimed at bishop they must be deluded. Can't wait for Pack to return and he can sod off and try and get into a Pub team's sunday football team.

Anyway, hope we can keep the run going and actually build on this for next season.
Copied from my other post last night.
Macey 7
Ogilvie 7
Rafferty 7
Raggett 7
Towler 8
Morrell 8
Tunnicliffe 8
Curtis 6
Dale 6
Jacobs 8
Bishop 7
Scarlett 7
Piggot 7
(01-03-2023, 05:45 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Morrell. Tackles everyone, like they’ve shagged his missus. 

Lol  Smile
I think we missed out their goalkeeper 9 for us..... He played a blinder for us. SHOCKING!.

And I can't understand the 7+ for Piggot when he was only on for around 10mins.

And Scarlett 7 +..... They had him in the bag their 21 Conor Bradley made him look slow... What a player. Scarlett 5 at best.

Extra point for Morrell for kicking the scummer off the ball.....A*
I find it difficult to disagree with your first sentence.
(01-03-2023, 07:36 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]I find it difficult to disagree with your first sentence.

He kept giving us the ball.... His distribution was sh*t..... Watch the goals back and look at the dives!..
Got a link?
(01-03-2023, 07:39 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Got a link?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxGb3AgIQ88

Use the setting and slow it down to 0.25.... Watch the first goal.
I’ve enjoyed myself, on this thread.