TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Dale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Was he playing
not sure why he was playing centrally and had no effect wide either.
One of many reasons why we are nowhere near good enough for a promotion season. Reeko probably not good enough wither but at least he scores the odd goal, wins some challenges and gets past the last man often enough to worry the opposition.
Macey had his worst game for us , his fault for the 2nd.
Ogilvie although consistent has gone off the boil.
Dale &Recco are not what we need.
Bish bottled it for the first penalty.
JM got the midfield pairing / tactic wrong for this game.
Jacobs can only play No10 but again not what we need - too inconsistent.
(25-03-2023, 05:54 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Macey had his worst game for us , his fault for the 2nd.

I'd agree that the boss got the set up wrong, especially on a windy day.
Probably time to see the man utd defender given a go.
Dale is absolute shit. Needs dropping.
(25-03-2023, 05:54 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Macey had his worst game for us , his fault for the 2nd.

Exactly that.
(25-03-2023, 05:54 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Bish bottled it for the first penalty.

Or the keeper did his homework and remembered where Bishop put his penalty against The Gas last Saturday.
Real mind games for the second. Bish changed sides and the keeper nearly saved it.
(26-03-2023, 06:05 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Real mind games for the second. Bish changed sides and the keeper nearly saved it.

The reason he scored the second was that he hit it better, the first one was powder puff stuff, a truly awful penalty.
(26-03-2023, 04:54 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

Exactly that.

That does sum it up nicely.

Not sure what’s up with Ogilvie, he seems to have an attitude problem at the moment, shame because he’s usually very good.

If Dale, Hackett and Jacobs leave at the end of the season that will be fine with me.
just possibly, as regards Ogilvie.
When Mouse started he simplified the defence to just defend. We have started doing the modern things with the defenders AGAIN, on the 6 yard line, passing out and all the stuff we have been so crap at all season; is that affecting them again defensively?
Ogilvie, Towler and Macey all were far more dodgy than of late yesterday, apart from the big front two and the wind; perhaps a whole week of practising (over playing?) had an effect?
I fucking hate Dale. I haven't hated a player so much since McGurk
(26-03-2023, 09:19 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]I fucking hate Dale. I haven't hated a player so much since McGurk

can't hate him cos he never stops trying but how he is with a championship club I have not got a clue. The least effective winger I can recall us having.
(26-03-2023, 09:24 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-03-2023, 09:19 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]I fucking hate Dale. I haven't hated a player so much since McGurk

can't hate him cos he never stops trying but how he is with a championship club I have not got a clue. The least effective winger I can recall us having.

The championship club he’s with are on target to be a League One club next season
Dale is the most frustrating player he gets into positions to cross the back then just cuts back on his other foot then repeat till he gets taken off!
He can't cross a road. An infuriating waste of time and space
Some players have really perked up under the Mouse and shown what they can do. Dale hasn't changed at all. I was happy to give him time under the new coach to see if he could get that final end product from the guy but it looks like a hopeless case.
Yes I was impressed when I first saw him.
Shame Sad
Still angry about his performance at the weekend, fucking awful
I really hope we don’t waste any money on him!
(01-04-2023, 04:59 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]I really hope we don’t waste any money on him!

that's an increasing worry, there must surely be more effective wingers in our budget somewhere
He keeps giving away stupid free kicks, bringing the pressure back on us
He is one of the most irritating players I’ve seen in a Pompey shirt , there have been a few over the years , but he’s up top definitely. Drives me mad
Today really summed up his season.
Run about, run about some more.
Get in a great position, get the ball, faff about, cut back in when there is space to run into, lose the ball.
Repeat

The first attack with Piglet on the pitch we nearly scored.

But doubtless Dale will start on Monday.
If I never see him in a pompey shirt again it would be too soon!
Pages: 1 2 3 4