TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: What we really need is .....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A top-quality attacking coach. One on Harry's strengths is he brought in Joe Jordan and Tony Adams, two of the very best in the business. 
We're creating plenty of chances most games (even under DC) but miss so many of them even straightforward almost open goals. Tunnicliffe missed three yesterday, Bishop three the game before, and so on. I'm sure even Corporal Guy could help, he certainly talks a good game. Dale (who I like for his never-ending energy) would certainly benefit. We're not going to attract a Jordan type but there must be some good ones out there.
(01-03-2023, 04:23 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]A top-quality attacking coach. One on Harry's strengths is he brought in Joe Jordan and Tony Adams, two of the very best in the business. 
We're creating plenty of chances most games (even under DC) but miss so many of them even straightforward almost open goals. Tunnicliffe missed three yesterday, Bishop three the game before, and so on. I'm sure even Corporal Guy could help, he certainly talks a good game. Dale (who I like for his never-ending energy) would certainly benefit. We're not going to attract a Jordan type but there must be some good ones out there.

Haven’t we just brought in a new coach about a week ago?..
(01-03-2023, 04:43 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2023, 04:23 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]A top-quality attacking coach. One on Harry's strengths is he brought in Joe Jordan and Tony Adams, two of the very best in the business. 

And scored 7 goals in the last 2 games?
Tony Adam’s is one of the very best attacking coaches in football? They say you learn something new every day.
(01-03-2023, 04:54 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]Tony Adam’s is one of the very best attacking coaches in football? They say you learn something new every day.

Read what I said.
(01-03-2023, 04:46 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2023, 04:43 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]

And scored 7 goals in the last 2 games?

Yes indeed, but by all accounts and from what I saw on iFollow we should have had nearer 15!  I doubt the new coach (if there is one) was working on Tyler - that was just a (big) bonus for us.
Mad Tony Adams an attacking coach??

On the evidence so far Mousinho is a pretty good attacking coach. 

Believe it or not coaching is a different skill set to playing and it is perfectly possible for a good coach to be able to coach well in all positions, even those that he did not play as a player.  In fact, all coaching and managing courses have that outcome as the objective.
(01-03-2023, 05:25 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Mad Tony Adams an attacking coach??
zzzzz. Mad Tony A an outstanding defence coach, I didn't say he was an attacking coach. Didn't they lurn you to reed at skool  ?
(01-03-2023, 06:05 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2023, 05:25 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Mad Tony Adams an attacking coach??
zzzzz. Mad Tony A an outstanding defence coach, I didn't say he was an attacking coach. Didn't they lurn you to reed at skool  ?

Read your post back again, Rocket.
I might be getting old but I seem to recall Joe Jordan being one of the top strikers on Match of the Day in my youth, and he was definitely one of Harry's coaches as mentioned at the top of this list
Right on all three counts, Hammie.
(01-03-2023, 05:16 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2023, 04:54 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]Tony Adam’s is one of the very best attacking coaches in football? They say you learn something new every day.

Read what I said.

I did and the question remains the same.
I was highly impressed by Joe Jordan when he was here as a coach, transformed form a physical presence to a real thinking coach from what I saw and heard.
Tony Adams as manager seemed to forget a lot of the simple set up and repeat approach that made Arsenal so hard to beat. He did ok as a very wooden dancer though.
Right on both counts, and he was a very good defensive coach before his abortive attempt as manager (but did a great job preparing us for one of the great games of all time, vs AC Milan).

Maybe if it made sense grammatically it would be simpler to understand. Stick to crayons and don’t eat the blue ones
(01-03-2023, 09:07 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]

Maybe if it made sense grammatically it would be simpler to understand. Stick to crayons and don’t eat the blue ones

It makes absolute grammatical sense my friend, and I only eat steak, never crayons :-)

In fairness it reads as Jordan and Adams were two of the best attacking coaches.

Don't go all "Exterminangry" on us.
(01-03-2023, 09:23 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]

In fairness it reads as Jordan and Adams were two of the best attacking coaches.

I most humbly beg to differ :-) It's two separate sentences. Plus I assumed that any genuine supporters would know he was an Arsenal & England defender and coach without me having to explain it. 

But what the heck, my original point remains the same, viz (that's Latin in case you didn't know that either) that we need someone of real quality to teach our players how to shoot straight. I also wish more of our players (particularly Curtis, Dale) with real skill took the ball into the box and looked for a penalty more often.

Finally, me angry? Never !(except when I see someone not trying 100% on the pitch).

Moi, Angry, never, we're  Oop North on a little break at the moment - thoroughly enjoying ourselves.

Weather is a bit dull & grim though  - Billy Boy is familiar with that though, him being a " pedagogue"
(01-03-2023, 09:45 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]

I most humbly beg to differ :-) It's two separate sentences. Plus I assumed that any genuine supporters would know he was an Arsenal & England defender and coach without me having to explain it. 

But what the heck, my original point remains the same, viz (that's Latin in case you didn't know that either) that we need someone of real quality to teach our players how to shoot straight. I also wish more of our players (particularly Curtis, Dale) with real skill took the ball into the box and looked for a penalty more often.

Finally, me angry? Never !(except when I see someone not trying 100% on the pitch).

I think the responses show you’re probably wrong in this instance. The fact it’s 2 sentences doesn’t matter, you were talking about attacking coaches.

We knew Adam’s wasn’t an attacking coach which is why it is odd you claimed he was one of the very best.
(01-03-2023, 09:45 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]

Bill probably isn’t the ideal person to take on, when it comes to language and grammar.
I'll try again in a few hours' time when you're all asleep ;-)
That made me grin.
(01-03-2023, 10:35 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]That made me grin.
OK, dinner is over (a rather nice spag-bol with an excellent Cabernet Sauv'), so time to reflect, which I have now done. BTW it's not late here, I'm currently in Arizona 7 hours behind most of you lot, where we are in the middle of our 7th snowstorm of the winter (yes, Arizona!).

Anyway, I have given deep consideration to Pompeyg100, Bluetagagain, Billytheferal, and the perfect gentleman that is Mr Cunni'. The jury is now out, and I restate my affirmation that my original post was both correct and grammatical. However your honour, I concede that it was a tad ambiguous, for which I apologise profusely to anyone who was upset by misdeed and I beg forgiveness.

On other matters, do we still have a chance of promotion? Yes of course we do, just not a big chance and no doubt we will find more ways to blow it, but if we carry on as we have under JM then at least it should make for an interesting end to the season instead of mid-table boredom and obscurity.

Happy March everyone.
Pages: 1 2