TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: 11 wins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If nothing else, at least we stay down fighting.  Shy
(05-03-2023, 08:20 AM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]20 points from a possible 30 for his 1st 10 games in charge is a pretty return considering what he walked in to. If we can avoid losing to Barnsley I think we will give Wednesday a decent game!

It's all achievable, so long as we don't play like we did yesterday.
(04-03-2023, 11:36 PM)blueandwight Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2023, 07:20 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2023, 04:33 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2023, 03:49 PM)mike hunt Wrote: [ -> ]Working on the average PPG as it stands 1.5 points per game have been collected, at that present rate of 1.5 X 14 games it would give us 69 points. So, with the best of intentions and all that, it points to league one football next season. let's hope it's our last and we can be a force for promotion next time PUP!

PPG under Mousinho would be a better assumption, but the whole reason for the optimism has to be that we now look capable of doing better then we have all season from now on so past form does not have to be a constraint.

Whichever way you cut it, the odds are stacked against us. We are yet to hit 2 points per game under Mousinio. Conversely, the points per game of the top 6 all have them finishing on well above 80 points. Ergo, our form still needs to pick up, in addition to at least 4 teams form tanking. And we have to get past Barnsley away and Sheff Wed's at home. 

It'll be nice to see us have an impact on the promotion race, but we are (unfortunately) not a contender this year.

Totally agree, an accurate and realistic assessment.

Screw the realists! We can do this.
(05-03-2023, 09:14 AM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]If nothing else, at least we stay down fighting.  Shy
Well if that was a fight yesterday, it was a child vs a man.... And we won via a punch in the b*llocks!...

The man was Alan Carr!.
Have to play a damn site better than they did yesterday against a poor Cambridge side to be in with a shout. Depends on whether the rest of the season sees the Pompey against Bolton or yesterday's display. I wouldn't be putting any money on it.
Cambridge weren’t a poor side, they just have no confidence in front of goal.

We were poor but that won’t happen again, against Barnsley.
True- they created a lot more than Pompey but couldn't finish. Dale played a useful bogeyman winding up their defence and fans.
If we can go this week unbeaten it would be a good week. Wednesday have to lose at some point. I think the crowd are going to have to really be behind them and loud on Saturday
(05-03-2023, 12:19 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Cambridge weren’t a poor side, they just have no confidence in front of goal.

We were poor but that won’t happen again, against Barnsley.

No I think the two up front for them, have been watching too many John Marquis clips.
Seddon looked good when he come on... Played a lovely ball from in his own half right to the edge of our box..

Looks far stronger now also.

A player I would be more then happy to have back. In contract till 2024.
(05-03-2023, 02:40 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]Seddon looked good when he come on... Played a lovely ball from in his own half right to the edge of our box..

Looks far stronger now also.

A player I would be more then happy to have back. In contract till 2024.

Yeh, I didn't realise he was at Cambridge. I read he is coming back from a fractured eye socket! Ouch! If he's still the same player that left us, I'd snap him right up. I would have thought he would be an established champ player by now.
Games leading up to Good Friday

BARNSLEY.

Portsmouth home.
Plymouth home.
Wycombe away
Sheff Wed home
Ipswich home
Exeter away
Morecambe home

BOLTON

Ipswich home
Sheff Wed away

If we could just….
Oof Barnsley have some toughies
(02-03-2023, 02:26 PM)Daniel Wrote: [ -> ]Cambridge away - win
Barnsley away - lose
Wednesday home - draw
Accrington away - draw
Bristol rovers away - win
Port vale home - win
Forest green home - win
Mk away -win
Morecambe home - win
Shrews away - draw
Oxford away - draw
Accy home - win
Derby away - lose
Wycombe home - win

I got us 8 wins 3 draws not quite enough
Well, Daniel, we're a point ahead of your prediction so far. have to win the next 5 though, perhaps Rovers away the most difficult of those five. Let's keep the dream alive.
(16-03-2023, 07:48 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]
Barnsley away - lose
Wednesday home - draw
Accrington away - draw
Port vale home - win
Forest green home - win
Mk away -win
Morecambe home - win
Shrews away - draw
Oxford away - draw
Accy home - win
Derby away - lose
Wycombe home - win

Well, Daniel, we're a point ahead of your prediction so far. have to win the next 5 though, perhaps Rovers away the most difficult of those five. Let's keep the dream alive.

If we man mark collins I think we have a decent chance there just lost to Wycombe on Tuesday at home also
(16-03-2023, 07:48 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]
Barnsley away - lose
Wednesday home - draw
Accrington away - draw
Port vale home - win
Forest green home - win
Mk away -win
Morecambe home - win
Shrews away - draw
Oxford away - draw
Accy home - win
Derby away - lose
Wycombe home - win

It’s still on!!
Given our run in, it actually looks possible.

We aren’t good enough but I’ll settle for something to play for and it would be quite funny.
its the old thing about being chased by a bear, you don't have to be the best runner, just not the worst.
Can't see it after the two Yorkshire losses but we could still scrape into 6th and get into the paly offs on a bit of a high for a nice change. and if not we are ahead of the play off losers as regards getting the squad sorted
Hopefully, Mousinho is now getting a good idea of who he wants for next season. He's certainly taken a better look at some of the players than Cowley ever did.
(18-03-2023, 08:15 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully, Mousinho is now getting a good idea of who he wants for next season. He's certainly taken a better look at some of the players than Cowley even did.

He keeps saying that the latest not in the team, so and so is still in with a chance. Freeman must doubt that though,not sure about Robertson too.
Robertson got on the field today, so he is not out of it.
Pages: 1 2