TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Brett Pitman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
45 goals in 35 games this season for Portchester..

With out doubt our best striker since the premiership.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64829013

Good luck to him....  Shame we couldn't have him in his prime now.

A real goal scorer.... Never missed many.
As mobile as a three wheeled horse-drawn cart but he knew where the back of the onion bag was.

Kenny sacked him off too soon.
and apart from finsihing could take a mean free kick and was a better header for goal than most finishers.
Whatever happened at that time, if it'd been the management discarded rather than players, I think we had a fair chance of making the Championship with what we had.
Jackett was a total idiot & couldn't handle him correctly. He just needede a hand round his shoulder & told how good his was noy been sent to train with the youth team at Bournemouth. I'm convinced we could have got promotion that season.
(04-03-2023, 06:07 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Jackett was a total idiot & couldn't handle him correctly. He just needede a hand round his shoulder & told how good his was noy been sent to train with the youth team at Bournemouth. I'm convinced we could have got promotion that season.

Nah, no way in my opinion anyway. Anyway dwelling on the past makes no sense let’s just focus on Barnsley and Sheffield Wednesday. Two matches that could make our season into a far different proposition than it was a fortnight ago. Two very tough games
I liked Pitman and thought Jackett unfairly sidelined him.

Not very mobile but could score goals ultimately.
We've had a lot who can run around like headless chickens, but very few down the year who could stick it in the onion bag as often as he could. Harry would have found a way to make it work.