TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: HOPE HE STAYS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I for one hope we keep him...
https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/foo...7b122d871a

Comments!!
Me too
Thought he would have had offers from the championship…..

Seriously though, I wouldn’t be that fussed if he left.
I wouldn't be fussed if he left. The final straw was 'alegedly' lumping a fan on a night out the same weekend they all bottled top 6.

Every end of season he tries to get a move to the championship without actually realising he isn't consistent enough for a team there to want him.

The smart thing to do would be to extend 1 year with an option 'as is' and try and offload next Jan.
I’d be surprised if he went to the championship. I think he will end up playing in Scotland
Curtis, Jacobs, tunnicliffe, Robertson, freeman and the others out of contract are steady div 1 players and not quite good enough to get out of this division after numerous chances.
Thanks for your efforts and all the best.
I would keep him as he adds energy and aggression. But not Championship class
That's the end of his Pompey career then. Sad ending.
Sad end indeed if he does leave. Like him or loathe him, he has (almost) always given his all and generally over the last 5 years been one of our biggest threats going forward.
Think that puts us in a strong position regarding contract offer personally.
We owe him time to get properly repaired and fit.
I'm unclear as to why people knock him own when he is head and shoulders above any winger we've had in this league as regards goals scored and assists made. Compared to the two champ players we've borrowed this season, his out put is on a different plane. At 26 he is likely to enter the best three years of his career.
Interesting podcast with Ronan on The Beautiful Game.

During Jan transfer window, DC had been sacked, talks about being played all over the pitch not being good for him or the players.
(07-03-2023, 05:27 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting podcast with Ronan on The Beautiful Game.

During Jan transfer window, DC had been sacked, talks about being played all over the pitch not being good for him or the players.

Is this the same Ronan Curtis who insisted he wanted to play as a central striker, not just a wide left player ?  That was around the time he was getting an odd game for Ireland as a central striker.
It'a a different one, Deep
Got a link for that 100? Sounds a good listen
(07-03-2023, 07:43 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Got a link for that 100? Sounds a good listen

I only use apps for podcasts, search it on apple or spotify, it was released today.