TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Shefield wednsday?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So far we've played better against good teams.
Can we pull it out of the bag tomorrow?
pity there's not a fingers crossed emoji  Smile
Barnsley - we didn't play very well at all.
Nor against Petebro, Plymouth, Ipswich, Bolton a couple of times, Wycombe…In fact our record against the top eight is awful, only beating Bolton and Petebro at home. Just checked. 11 points out of 39
We're doomed I say, Doomed.
One saving grace is that we have a manager who seems good at instilling confidence in the players after a loss. Fingers crossed for a decent showing.
Point taken. Big Grin
They've only lost 3 league games all season and are on a run of 21 unbeaten league games. Ben Toner is the appointed Referee, last time he was here he let us play on in the puddles to beat Sunderland 4.0. If Pompey give it a go I'm sure a win is achievable. PUP
If he plays Scarlett and Dale again, not a chance. 4-0 to Wednesday.
Scarlett won’t play. I’d seriously question JM if he does, it wouldn’t be fair on Scarlett either.

Pompey 3-2 win
Our home form is pretty good. Did Wed's play midweek too? I think we can scrape a draw. I'll go for 2-2
(10-03-2023, 03:18 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Our home form is pretty good. Did Wed's play midweek too? I think we can scrape a draw. I'll go for 2-2

No they didn't play midweek Pedalo
(10-03-2023, 02:22 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]Scarlett won’t play. I’d seriously question JM if he does, it wouldn’t be fair on Scarlett either.

Pompey 3-2 win

With Curtis injured I would not be surprised if Scarlett plays in a home game. Mous likes to attack and having an extra striker on the pitch would fit that.  Admittedly he was poor again at Barnsley, along with everyone else, but our best two chances in the first half came to Scarlett taking up a central position when Bishop was out wider. He missed them both, but getting him into those positions looked like a deliberate tactic, so I would not be surprised to see them tried again..
Massive game this is!

Not because of league positioning but as we're both big clubs with sizeable fanbases.

Atmosphere is going to be rocking and I've got my ticket!

PUP!
(10-03-2023, 03:40 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2023, 02:22 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]Scarlett won’t play. I’d seriously question JM if he does, it wouldn’t be fair on Scarlett either.

Pompey 3-2 win

With Curtis injured I would not be surprised if Scarlett plays in a home game. Mous likes to attack and having an extra striker on the pitch would fit that.  Admittedly he was poor again at Barnsley, along with everyone else, but our best two chances in the first half came to Scarlett taking up a central position when Bishop was out wider. He missed them both, but getting him into those positions looked like a deliberate tactic, so I would not be surprised to see them tried again..

When Scarlett has played that position we get dominated in midfield as we have no real outlet on the LHS.  I fear carnage if he tries that again.  I'd, reluctantly, stick Jacobs there - not ideal but the most capable sticking plaster we have. Hopefully home form can get us a point.
If Scarlett plays and has a stinker I don’t see it ending well for him. Best left out of the side for everyone’s sake
Typical Pompey to win this one.
Get Prosinecki on the pitch pre match to get the fans up for it as well.
(10-03-2023, 04:01 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]

Pompey 3-2 win

When Scarlett has played that position we get dominated in midfield as we have no real outlet on the LHS.  I fear carnage if he tries that again.  I'd, reluctantly, stick Jacobs there - not ideal but the most capable sticking plaster we have. Hopefully home form can get us a point.
I’d rather stick Hume on the left in theory that should bring the best out of Ogilve with overlapping runs and he can at least put in a good cross.
(10-03-2023, 04:31 PM)simonfkwit Wrote: [ -> ]Typical Pompey to win this one.
Get Prosinecki on the pitch pre match to get the fans up for it as well.

Sign him up as a forward coach.  Tongue
Am sure that will be asked in the evening once or twice!
I think he'll play Jacobs on the left and Lowery in the 10 role as he'll want to play Tunni & Morrell>
I think 4231

macey
rafferty, Raggett,Towler,Ogilvie
Morrell, tunni
Dale,Lowery Jacobs
Bish

Pompey 3-2 win

Jacobs has played most of his career in that position , so hardly sticking plaster. Admittedly he is better now in a more central role, but it is hardly a sqaure peg in a round hole.
(10-03-2023, 07:49 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

Pompey 3-2 win

Jacobs has played most of his career in that position , so hardly sticking plaster. Admittedly he is better now in a more central role, but it is hardly a sqaure peg in a round hole.

"hardly a sqaure peg in a round hole"   Never said it was; but he has not performed so well on the left when given the chance in recent games and Curtis would be most supporters preferred choice there if fit, hence a sticking plaster.
Game of the season for me, Pompey 3-1 win.
Hackett for Scarlett. Worth a try.
My confidence in Mous as "the answer" will diminsh greatly if Scarlett's on the team-sheet.
I’d play Thompson today but his sole purpose is to mark barry bannan out of the game
Pages: 1 2