TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Championship Clubs in financial trouble ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Am reading reports that Sheff Utd, Wigan, Reading & Huddesfield are battling against points deductions this season  due to financial irregularities & possible administration. 

You can add another half a dozen to that list Birmingham, Blackpool, Rotherham, Cardiff etc who are all living way beyond their means.......

I'd  rather us under the "brick by brick" Tornante approach than be in with that lot.

Wigan haven’t payed their players on time 4 times already this season.
So your saying any club that gets promoted the Champs in in the red.its how they are run and managed. Pompey would be ok as we have wealthy owners but they have to understand football is a sport.  What happens on the pitch with a decent squad rather the size of a fucking stand. !  Yanks have to break the mould somewhere or we be in shit lge 1 watching shit football for the rest of our fuckin lives. NO THANKS
I don't think its the owners that keep on about the size of the stands, they have fixed and improved what is there.
Its others who insist we need a stadium one seat bigger than another club.
I don't understand, why clubs sell their soul trying to get to the prem, look at Derby. they tried and nearly went out of business. Ultimately, it's all about greed and money. & when it goes wrong it's the fans that suffer. I hope that this new regulator. keeps a close eye on clubs that spend too much & intervenes, in order to preserve the club before it's too late.
Something has to change. Clubs should get a automatic points deduction for losing a certain amount of money per season then hopefully clubs will stop pissing money up the wall!
(18-03-2023, 02:20 PM)mike hunt Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand, why clubs sell their soul trying to get to the prem, look at Derby. they tried and nearly went out of business.  Ultimately, it's all about greed and money. & when it goes wrong it's the fans that suffer. I hope that this new regulator. keeps a close eye on clubs that spend too much & intervenes, in order to preserve the club before it's too late.

But sadly its too often the gobby online fans (so called) who push hardest for clubs to risk all to get into a league where they will be playing not to get relegated and nothing more. 
Regulator urgently needed and with real teeth to make clubs break even or have all rewards blocked.
(18-03-2023, 02:14 PM)Mark_Hateley_83 Wrote: [ -> ]So your saying any club that gets promoted the Champs in in the red.its how they are run and managed. Pompey would be ok as we have wealthy owners but they have to understand football is a sport.  What happens on the pitch with a decent squad rather the size of a fucking stand. !  Yanks have to break the mould somewhere or we be in shit lge 1 watching shit football for the rest of our fuckin lives. NO THANKS

I never said that ...I was pointing out that at least half of the Championship Clubs are in the sh!t. We may have wealthy owners but they rightfully want to spend their money  carefully on either the infrastructure or players that they are going to get a return on. 

IIRC you're one of those TPF/PFC Coalition  knobheads whose spent ££££ on a stupid stunt with a plane. 

You could have given the dosh to PFC to spend on players...........
We’ve been hearing the same thing for at least the last 3 or 4 seasons, even predating Covid. As nothing has ever happened to all these clubs, either it’s not quite as drastic as is being made out, or somehow these clubs have been getting away with it.
(18-03-2023, 06:55 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]We’ve been hearing the same thing for at least the last 3 or 4 seasons, even predating Covid. As nothing has ever happened to all these clubs, either it’s not quite as drastic as is being made out, or somehow these clubs have been getting away with it.

but covid has bought it to a head, just taking a while to trickle through. As we found out, players at that level and above are often on long unaffordable contracts that only really hit home further down the line when you cannot offload the freeloaders.
The League might be more stringent in their application of monetary controls if the Footballers Creditors Rule didn't exist. The Football 'industry' is over protected by the self made rule.
(18-03-2023, 02:14 PM)Mark_Hateley_83 Wrote: [ -> ]So your saying any club that gets promoted the Champs in in the red.its how they are run and managed. Pompey would be ok as we have wealthy owners but they have to understand football is a sport.  What happens on the pitch with a decent squad rather the size of a fucking stand. !  Yanks have to break the mould somewhere or we be in shit lge 1 watching shit football for the rest of our fuckin lives. NO THANKS

I do love it when people want to put other people’s money where their mouth is.
Points deduction just announced for Wigan - 3 points taken off which leaves them 8 points adrift! Serves 'em right for sacking Leam Richardson earlier this season!
Wigan docked 3 points today for non-payment of players
(20-03-2023, 07:30 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]Wigan docked 3 points today for non-payment of players

As we know, those sort of deductions often lead to more later. The likes of us and Luton were pushed down through the leagues as sacrificial pawns.
Wigan's story is crazy. They went from admin to promotion from L1 in one season iirc. Their current plight -well this all comes back to the fit n proper ownership test again.
Football does seem a business like no other.
Maybe we'll get Jack back although I think he's been injured last couple of weeks.
What happened to the 'fit and proper person' test?
(20-03-2023, 10:07 PM)Sharpe* Wrote: [ -> ]What happened to the 'fit and proper person' test?

not sure that applied to Jack

and it has always seemed a complete waste of time as regards fitness of owners.
(20-03-2023, 05:06 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]

I do love it when people want to put other people’s money where their mouth is.
Sounds like a parliamentary party I may have heard of...
Hopefully, they won’t be in power much longer.
We got Jacobs for a bargain last time this happened to Wigan. I'd welcome back Jack but I have a feeling better clubs than us will be after him. We should be able to scavenge some half decent players though, if we are sharp.
Tom Naylor anyone?
looking back we got the likes of Matty Taylor from clubs in trouble at cut cost, but then sold a few for the same reason, Mick Kennedy for instance.
(21-03-2023, 03:01 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]looking back we got the likes of Matty Taylor from clubs in trouble at cut cost, but then sold a few for the same reason, Mick Kennedy for instance.

I would hope we would be sharp enough to take advantage. But presumably most of them will be on biggish wages so its a nice thought for the likes of Jack back here but cant see it myself.
Pages: 1 2