TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Conspiracy theory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If the suggestion that the club doesn't want promotion because of the financial implication was true surely this would be leaked by disgruntled players or management?
How would they know ? If (and it’s a huge if), Michael Eisner doesn’t want promotion until he’s good and ready only Catlin and Jackett would need to know.

The conspiracy theorists can point to our regular second half seasonal collapses,  unfathomable team selections and substitutions but above all, bizarre playoff teams.

They can make a very decent case but of course, it could be just that Jackett and Gallen are simply incompetent  but are being supported by Catlin and Eisner until the end of the season because it suits them

Don’t bet on Jackett and Gallen not being here next season but, if there is to be a change of manager, just remember the same ‘selection committee’ that chose Awford, Barker, Cook and Jackett will pick the new Pompey manager.
(04-03-2021, 10:15 AM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]How would they know ? If (and it’s a huge if), Michael Eisner doesn’t want promotion until he’s good and ready only Catlin and Jackett would need to know.

The conspiracy theorists can point to our regular second half seasonal collapses,  unfathomable team selections and substitutions but above all, bizarre playoff teams.

They can make a very decent case but of course, it could be just that Jackett and Gallen are simply incompetent  but are being supported by Catlin and Eisner until the end of the season because it suits them

Don’t bet on Jackett and Gallen not being here next season but, if there is to be a change of manager, just remember the same ‘selection committee’ that chose Awford, Barker, Cook and Jackett will pick the new Pompey manager.

Jackett's quote in the News today about contracts ('for myself I am very focused on what is here and now') would say to me that he has no intention of being here next season.  He tried resigning earlier in the season, not the action of someone who wants to renew his contract when it expires.  Even if they asked him to renew (which personally I think is highly unlikely unless we got promoted) I do not think he would say yes. He is an experienced manager that knows when a change is needed for all concerned. 

And didn't the Eisners appoint Jackett ?
(10-01-2021, 03:37 PM)hilsea12 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2021, 03:27 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]Did you get the Russian commentary Hilsea ?

I turned the sound off,  it was a good work out for them, much needed after the Layoff, does anyone know why KJ leaves it so late to substitute.

(04-03-2021, 10:15 AM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]How would they know ? If (and it’s a huge if), Michael Eisner doesn’t want promotion until he’s good and ready only Catlin and Jackett would need to know.

if it wasn't for Awford we would have dropped out of the league iirc
(04-03-2021, 10:15 AM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]Don’t bet on Jackett and Gallen not being here next season but, if there is to be a change of manager, just remember the same ‘selection committee’ that chose Awford, Barker, Cook and Jackett will pick the new Pompey manager.

WB, it was the old 'Trust' board that appointed the people you mention, except Jackett who was appointed by the current rabble just after they took the club over.
(04-03-2021, 12:03 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2021, 03:37 PM)hilsea12 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2021, 03:27 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]Did you get the Russian commentary Hilsea ?

I turned the sound off,  it was a good work out for them, much needed after the Layoff, does anyone know why KJ leaves it so late to substitute.

if it wasn't for Awford we would have dropped out of the league iirc

Yep, and then when he got the job full time he went safety first and was almost as bad as Barker had been previously.
So you didn't appreciate his contribution then.
(04-03-2021, 12:13 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]So you didn't appreciate his contribution then.

As caretaker definitely, but from the start of the following season I knew those I sat with who argued he shouldn't have been given the role full-time were correct and I was wrong.
I don't subscribe to the view that the board are actually avoiding promotion.

I just think they are being negligent in letting Catlin run the whole thing without any additional influence.
I dont believe the conspiracy that the owners dont want promotion. They are just inexperienced and dont really know what they're doing. Hopefully they have learnt a little bit about what to keep an eye on.

However, it does seem like Kenny doesnt want promotion...

This season alone he pisses about pre-season ensuring a turgid, disjointed team that immediately falls way behind the pack. Hires the worst 2 CB's weve had in 4 years. Shows off that he can go 442, blow teams away and play attacking football. But then decides he prefers to change everything around and drop his best players. The only way these decisions make sense is with this conspiracy Tongue
(04-03-2021, 12:06 PM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2021, 10:15 AM)Wightblue Wrote: [ -> ]Don’t bet on Jackett and Gallen not being here next season but, if there is to be a change of manager, just remember the same ‘selection committee’ that chose Awford, Barker, Cook and Jackett will pick the new Pompey manager.

WB, it was the old 'Trust' board that appointed the people you mention, except Jackett who was appointed by the current rabble just after they took the club over.
Kenny Jacket was  announced as Portsmouth manager on 2nd of June 2017. 
2 months before Tornante acquired Pompey. 

You'd have to ask questions of the previous owners if the Eisners had anything to do with Paul Cook leaving or kenny Jacket joining.
(04-03-2021, 02:24 PM)BabaOReally Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-03-2021, 12:06 PM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote: [ -> ]

Kenny Jacket was  announced as Portsmouth manager on 2nd of June 2017. 
2 months before Tornante acquired Pompey. 

You'd have to ask questions of the previous owners if the Eisners had anything to do with Paul Cook leaving or kenny Jacket joining.
Would be easy to believe the owners don't want promotion but they did bring in players in the transfer window which would have been pointless if they weren't trying to bolster promotion. With The team at that point playing well in the formation the fans had forced Kens hand on we just needed backup players. Unfortunately all it did was give Kenny selection options which unfortunately he's no good at. Please let him get sacked before its too late this year. What a stubborn & clueless waste of time the dullard has been.
People who think the Eisners are not interested in promotion are probably the same halfwits who keep blaming the Eisners for Cook leaving and jackett being signed up when they weren’t even in charge.
As for jackett at the time I bet if you looked back you wouldn’t have found many people complaining it looked like we were actually getting an upgrade but then that was before we found out for ourselves how mind numbing his football was ........ and if the egos of the trust were in charge this last year we’d be proper fvcked.
(04-03-2021, 06:38 PM)oi oi saveloy Wrote: [ -> ]and if the egos of the trust were in charge this last year we’d be proper fvcked.

How so?
I’ve never thought Jackett was an upgrade on Cook.
(04-03-2021, 11:06 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve never thought Jackett was an upgrade on Cook.

Do you think if Cook had stayed that we would still be in League One after 4 torturous seasons???
I always thought Awfs tenure was strange. He was positive and forward thinking as caretaker. Brought passion and smiles to fans and players. Once he was permanent he became timid and I think tried to be too clever. Right now he is the sort of person we need at the club in some role though.
(04-03-2021, 06:38 PM)oi oi saveloy Wrote: [ -> ]People who think the Eisners are not interested in promotion are probably the same halfwits who keep blaming the Eisners for Cook leaving and jackett being signed up when they weren’t even in charge.
As for jackett at the time I bet if you looked back you wouldn’t have found many people complaining it looked like we were actually getting an upgrade but then that was before we found out for ourselves how mind numbing his football was ........ and if the egos of the trust were in charge this last year we’d be proper fvcked.

Savs ... the PST vote to sell to the Eisners was in May, before Jackett was appointed. Cook left because of the change of ownership and the Eisners approved the appointment, as confirmed by Catlin when he was announced. 

And you're right, his CV with three promotions from this league was perfect for our needs at the time and no-one was complaining. Not sure about him being an upgrade but certainly not a downgrade.
At the time, Kenny was a fantastic replacement (although it would have been far better to keep Cook and the squad together as much as possible).

Giving Kenny a contract extension did not work well.

I dont think anyone could have predicted Kenny's indifference to promotion after the first year. Its years 2, 3 & 4 that have progressively got worse.
I don't know anyone that thought KJ was a fantastic replacement. You only had to read what Wolves and Swansea fans thought about him. His stats were good granted,however,his tactics were/are boring and he didn't win over many fans. Safety First is his motto. After his first utterly boring season of brain dead football it would seem the fans of Wolves and Swansea were right, definitely not a 'Pompey style' manager. A very boring company man sums our Kenny up.
I don’t remember people complaining when jackett joined us.
At the time I thought it was a good signing because he’d been there seen it done it and got clubs out of this division before.
(05-03-2021, 01:12 PM)oi oi saveloy Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t remember people complaining when jackett joined us.
At the time I thought it was a good signing because he’d been there seen it done it and got clubs out of this division before.

Well just a cursory look at what fans at clubs like Wolves thought of him raised a few red flags.

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it seems they were right.
(05-03-2021, 01:12 PM)oi oi saveloy Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t remember people complaining when jackett joined us.

Except for me, I didn’t want him here from day one. There was better out there. I’ve wanted him out the day after he arrived
(05-03-2021, 01:17 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]

Well just a cursory look at what fans at clubs like Wolves thought of him raised a few red flags.

I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it seems they were right.

Oh yea they were absolutely right.
Pages: 1 2