TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: BR HT report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A bit tedious. Movement up front is a bit lethargic, not giving the midfield much opportunity to distribute.

Bishop looked well offside from the view shown on the screen. Couldn’t see the near side of the pitch so there may have been someone playing him on. Great ball by Tunnicliffe anyway.

Morrell should have done better in one of the few well worked passages. Unfortunately, I think he has been taking lessons from Pigott on how to execute a first touch.

Highlight was definitely Marquis’ shot, which would have had Quashie feeling inadequate in relation to the height over the bar. It was heard landing, somewhere in Devon, several minutes later.

Just to comment, if there’s going to be a red card, it’s likely to involve Joe Morrell and any one of a few Rovers players.
Up to 9th having been tenth for seemingly months. The dream still on, at least for another 45 minutes!
Derby 2-0 down with Wycombe and Barnsley cancelling each other out right now.
Need Barnsley to win, I reckon. We won't catch them
...and they've got two games in hand.
(18-03-2023, 03:58 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]A bit tedious. Movement up front is a bit lethargic, not giving the midfield much opportunity to distribute.

Bishop looked well offside from the view shown on the screen. Couldn’t see the near side of the pitch so there may have been someone playing him on. Great ball by Tunnicliffe anyway.

Morrell should have done better in one of the few well worked passages. Unfortunately, I think he has been taking lessons from Pigott on how to execute a first touch.

Highlight was definitely Marquis’ shot, which would have had Quashie feeling inadequate in relation to the height over the bar. It was heard landing, somewhere in Devon, several minutes later.

Just to comment, if there’s going to be a red card, it’s likely to involve Joe Morrell and any one of a few Rovers players.

You called it on the red!
Morrell picks up a silly yellow for pushing the perpetrator.
Barnsley ahead, good news
(18-03-2023, 03:58 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]A bit tedious. Movement up front is a bit lethargic, not giving the midfield much opportunity to distribute.

Impressive, Cunning, that you can get in a snipe at Pigott when he's not even in the squad.
(18-03-2023, 06:01 PM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]

Impressive, Cunning, that you can get in a snipe at Pigott when he's not even in the squad.
I find he’s at his best when that happens and I do like teasing out anyone who thinks he ought to be playing. It cracks me up when people talk about actually signing him. They’re usually the same people who talk about improving the squad and the Eisners having no ambition.
(18-03-2023, 11:15 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-03-2023, 06:01 PM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]

I find he’s at his best when that happens and I do like teasing out anyone who thinks he ought to be playing. It cracks me up when people talk about actually signing him. They’re usually the same people who talk about improving the squad and the Eisners having no ambition.

That would be those of us who know that he's a good player who was completely wasted under Cowley.