TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: PV full time report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Huffing and puffing our way to get back into the game and we did so. Momentum well and truly established, crowd at full throttle…we stopped! One of the most frustrating last 20 mins I can remember.

Full credit to PV. They pressed higher and we had no answer. 

Reeco’s last minute effort was going in but…it took a deflection. The deflection was going in…but somehow the keeper stopped it with his feet.

We needed that win, a point really isn’t enough.
We were crap no excuses
The difference was no Morrell
4-2-3-1 formation to start the match. Kenny Jackett used to love that formation. Also if we are going to play it make Jacobs the default number 10. Anyway back to sleep for me
No Morrell and no options. A Curtis would have been a blessing. We’ve been unfortunate with injuries this year, another today, but the squad is just not deep enough to maintain a challenge. Saying that, I’m surprised Lowery was not a starter today. Would have made a difference.
Dale in the middle was stupid.
Jacobs looks a class above when he is fit enough to play.
Today summed up why awe are nowhere near promotion.
Yet another awful first half.
When we did get back in it we then took our foot off and settled for a draw. A promotion side would have run out easy winners once back level.
(25-03-2023, 05:42 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Dale in the middle was stupid.
Jacobs looks a class above when he is fit enough to play.
Today summed up why awe are nowhere near promotion.
Yet another awful first half.
When we did get back in it we then took our foot off and settled for a draw. A promotion side would have run out easy winners once back level.

There's just no true squad depth and for people saying we need only a couple of new signings during the summer, today proved that's a complete myth.
Just seen the New giving Tunni only 5. Must have something against him as he was better than several given a six today. Reeko too. From where we were he had a better first half than most (not saying much) and certainly far far better than Dale.
I felt Tunni started slowly (as he tends too) but had a pretty good second half, making some contributions both in attack and defence. Shame neither he nor Ogilvie could have cleared the ball for their first goal. Macey was shyte today. Due a bad game I suppose.
The only player that deserved more than 5 IMO was Lowrey the rest were between 4&5 . We were poor, no excuses .
oh and a 7 to the vale fans and 5 for us lot
They missed Pigott, today.
(25-03-2023, 05:51 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Just seen the New giving Tunni only 5. Must have something against him as he was better than several given a six today. Reeko too. From where we were he had a better first half than most (not saying much) and certainly far far better than Dale.

Krappikliffe was is usual self. Utter irrelevant going forwards and doing feck all defensively. There's a reason why the donkey never gets injured. In order to run that risk you need to be somewhere near the ball. I wish he'd feck off out of our club. You don't win too many games when you surrender midfield.
Chuckle
Tunnicliffe probably saw more of the ball than anyone today. Constantly passing and moving into space to receive it again.
(25-03-2023, 10:26 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-03-2023, 05:51 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Just seen the New giving Tunni only 5. Must have something against him as he was better than several given a six today. Reeko too. From where we were he had a better first half than most (not saying much) and certainly far far better than Dale.

Krappikliffe was is usual self. Utter irrelevant going forwards and doing feck all defensively. There's a reason why the donkey never gets injured. In order to run that risk you need to be somewhere near the ball. I wish he'd feck off out of our club. You don't win too many games when you surrender midfield.

Utter nonsense.
(25-03-2023, 05:36 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]4-2-3-1 formation to start the match. Kenny Jackett used to love that formation. Also if we are going to play it make Jacobs the default number 10. Anyway back to sleep for me

Playing that formation at home is far too negative. Jacobs is a natural No.10 & as Hammie posted a cut above the rest when fit. In Perth now myself & too tired to listen to ifollow.
(26-03-2023, 02:16 AM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-03-2023, 05:36 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]4-2-3-1 formation to start the match. Kenny Jackett used to love that formation. Also if we are going to play it make Jacobs the default number 10. Anyway back to sleep for me

Playing that formation at home is far too negative. Jacobs is a natural No.10 & as Hammie posted a cut above the rest when fit. In Perth now myself & too tired to listen to ifollow.

If you’re abroad, you could have watched it.
(26-03-2023, 12:48 AM)blueandwight Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-03-2023, 10:26 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]

Utter nonsense.

Utter nonsense sums up the dozy kunt. Entitled to your opinion, but the idea that the twat was the best player on the pitch when, as a midfielder, he created nothing and let port Vale walk through the centre of the pitch is laughable. Unless passing the ball sideways and backwards occasionally is your 'thing' krappikliffe is the quintessential league 1 player (average thinking time per pass of 20 seconds). We are going nowhere starting games with ten men.

Anyway, you guys keep living the dream where krappikliffe gets to play Cheltenham every game....
But he did create, several times. He also tackled, several times. Yes he passes sideways (seldom back, yesterday) but that’s usually because he’s under pressure from an opposition player (something that Dale would do well to learn from!). His movement, after the pass, to receive the ball, was impressive and he was demanding it back too.

I would have agreed with everything you say, earlier on in the season, but I can’t deny what I see of late. It seems I’m not alone in that change of heart.
Some people just like to make their minds up about a player and never change them despite the evidence in front of their eyes.  Anyone who cannot see the value of Tunnicliffe to the team in the last couple of months is daft.  

Bugger everyone being entitled to their opinion, sometimes they are just plain wrong.
(26-03-2023, 10:10 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Some people just like to make their minds up about a player and never change them despite the evidence in front of their eyes.  Anyone who cannot see the value of Tunnicliffe to the team in the last couple of months is daft.  

Bugger everyone being entitled to their opinion, sometimes they are just plain wrong.

Sometimes you have to go to games to fully see what players do which is not picked up by the camera, radio commentary or newspaper reports.
Tunnicliffe brings nothing to the team attacking wise , his 1st instinct is to pass sideways or backwards, the same can be said for Thompson, far too slow giving the defense to reorganise.
Dale and Hackett can’t cross for Toffee.
All this missing Curtis nonsense, he constantly flatters to deceive and has had his chance.
Lowery on the other hand has a different mindset to all of the other’s.
We need pace and physicality and a shithouse mental toughness to escape this league.
Every player who is out of contract needs to go as well as the players on loan with the exception of Macey if he wants to stay.
We were given a lesson yesterday in Shithousery and physicality coupled with bad decisions defensively.
(26-03-2023, 08:26 AM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]Utter nonsense sums up the dozy kunt. Entitled to your opinion, but the idea that the twat was the best player on the pitch when, as a midfielder, he created nothing and let port Vale walk through the centre of the pitch is laughable. Unless passing the ball sideways and backwards occasionally is your 'thing' krappikliffe is the quintessential league 1 player (average thinking time per pass of 20 seconds). We are going nowhere starting games with ten men.

Anyway, you guys keep living the dream where krappikliffe gets to play Cheltenham every game....

Lawrence, serious question but are you a 12 year old?  You see, you write like a little kid who wants to be all grown up, but childish little remarks like constantly referring to a player as 'krappikliffe' points to you being a) a kid or b) seriously retarded.  Or maybe it's a combination of both, who knows?

Just remember that 'krappikliffe' has had a good career in the pro game whereas you...

Anyway, asking for a friend.
(26-03-2023, 01:39 PM)TheSyrup Wrote: [ -> ]Tunnicliffe brings nothing to the team attacking wise , his 1st instinct is to pass sideways or backwards, the same can be said for Thompson, far too slow giving the defense to reorganise.
Dale and Hackett can’t cross for Toffee.
All this missing Curtis nonsense, he constantly flatters to deceive and has had his chance.
Lowery on the other hand has a different mindset to all of the other’s.
We need pace and physicality and a shithouse mental toughness to escape this league.
Every player who is out of contract needs to go as well as the players on loan with the exception of Macey if he wants to stay.
We were given a lesson yesterday in Shithousery and physicality coupled with bad decisions defensively.

Chuckle 

Misery guts!
Lawrence, you say 'Krappicliffe' is a league one player. Maybe you haven't noticed but we're in League 1 and have been for several years. I WAS THE FIRST TO SLATE HIM UNDER COWLEY AS ALL HE EVER SEEMED TO DO WAS PASS BACKWARDS. HE'S BEEN A DIFFERENT PLAYER THESE LAST 10 GAMES OR SO AND GIVES A LOT TO THE (oops, must learn to look up while typing!) team. He can see a pass, puts in a good shift and tackles pretty well.Granted he can't shoot but he's good enough for this league. If we go (ever) up then ditch for a Championship player.
Pages: 1 2