TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: setting up the team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Unusually we were sat low on the North near the Milton End.
Watching Vale warming up, they spent a deal of time practising low crosses along the six yard line, just like their first goal. Did any of our staff watch that and warn the defence? Seemed much better prepared for a blustery day than we were.

Then at half time, they were warming up properly with a coach. 
Our players looked like a Sunday league team, one doing keepie ups, the keeper wandering around the area with no one putting the ball in. Another two or three having a chat in the centre circle. Someone in a tracksuit watching with a ball at his feet. 

Then our set up with Dale in the middle seemed totally unprepared for the game as compared to them, epsecially in the first half where they looked well up for it while we were totally disjointed.
(25-03-2023, 05:48 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Unusually we were sat low on the North near the Milton End.
Watching Vale warming up, they spent a deal of time practising low crosses along the six yard line, just like their first goal. Did any of our staff watch that and warn the defence? Seemed much better prepared for a blustery day than we were.

Then at half time, they were warming up properly with a coach. 
Our players looked like a Sunday league team, one doing keepie ups, the keeper wandering around the area with no one putting the ball in. Another two or three having a chat in the centre circle. Someone in a tracksuit watching with a ball at his feet. 

Then our set up with Dale in the middle seemed totally unprepared for the game as compared to them, epsecially in the first half where they looked well up for it while we were totally disjointed.

I'd have started Lowery instead of Dale in a advanced CM role. I think Mousinho got the starting line up wrong today, but thats only part of the problem in the 1st half. The attitude of the team was all wrong, ceded the initiative to Port Vale & were sloppy from the keeper up to Bishop. Really poor.
I sometimes wonder about the value of a left footed right winger. Certainly struggling to see how having three of them in the line up is a good idea.
Not sure which foot is Dale's best, to be honest. More often than not he beats himself. There was a perfect example late on in the game when he had a great chance to cross the ball but couldn't help himself, took one more stepover and the chance was gone. Aaaarrrggghhhhh
one more trick, seems to be a recurring theme with those who don't make a difference.
A one trick pony would do.
Dodgy Rogers where are you now?
my first team every game was Campbells champions.
Rogers crosses onto the head boing, simples.

and a left back who got stick but worked hard to improve massively