TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Posh points deduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw the article about the stadium owning company going into receivership over unpaid loans. Some may claim it is a different legal entity to Peterborough fc but it is clearly a related entity. Wonder what view the EFL will have.
Scum tried to pull this stunt didn't they?
but never mind, we should sell the ground to pay for a double promotion then buy it back with the prem money, seems a good plan.
Looks like they have had a 3 points deduction (suspended - whatever that means) for some dodgy news with their ceo. Can't see how the efl is going to let it slide with this 2nd offence . Presumably that would mean the suspended deduction comes into action.

All academic, of course, because we are too shit to even take advantage.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65255779
Every team above could have a ten point deduction and we'd find a way to come seventh....
(17-04-2023, 09:27 PM)kindofblue Wrote: [ -> ]Every team above could have a ten point deduction and we'd find a way to come seventh....

Last Saturday, the current shower of shite had, for the third game in the row, an opportunity to get right into the mix. This time they even had prior notice of the opportunity. On all three occasions they didn't give a flying feck. We don't deserve to go the chance to go up now and the sooner most of them feck off the better. But then I doubt many clubs get promoted by waiting until all preseason start to do their business. Can you imagine our season without the fortunate signing of Bishop? (which I may be wrong was helped by the signing of Harness?)
playing 2 defensive mids and Dale is clearly working so no doubt we will do it again tonight
(18-04-2023, 09:42 AM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-04-2023, 09:27 PM)kindofblue Wrote: [ -> ]Every team above could have a ten point deduction and we'd find a way to come seventh....

Last Saturday, the current shower of shite had, for the third game in the row, an opportunity to get right into the mix. This time they even had prior notice of the opportunity. On all three occasions they didn't give a flying feck. We don't deserve to go the chance to go up now and the sooner most of them feck off the better. But then I doubt many clubs get promoted by waiting until all preseason start to do their business. Can you imagine our season without the fortunate signing of Bishop? (which I may be wrong was helped by the signing of Harness?)

Bishop was a very lucky signing. Without him we'd be in a relegation battle. The club had around 5 targets & only got one across the line. We lost out to clubs like Stockport, Wycombe & Shrewsbury. That definitely showed lack of ambition. It may have been linked to ground improvements though. No excuse next season.
(18-04-2023, 12:36 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]

Bishop was a very lucky signing. Without him we'd be in a relegation battle. The club had around 5 targets & only got one across the line. We lost out to clubs like Stockport, Wycombe & Shrewsbury. That definitely showed lack of ambition. It may have been linked to ground improvements though. No excuse next season.

probably right, although if we wish to use the Milton End safe standing, we have to plan in replacing the top half seating of the fratton End, presumably next summer. Silly rule which I hope can be negotiated on weeks where the milton end will be half away and half home.
Funny how signings that haven't worked out are shit signings but signings that have been positive are lucky signings.
(18-04-2023, 01:11 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]Funny how signings that haven't worked out are shit signings but signings that have been positive are lucky signings.

Hughes appears to be quite lucky in the signings he recommends, which in itself makes him a lucky signing.
Mind you, Napoleon always preferred a lucky general over a good one.
(18-04-2023, 01:20 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Mind you, Napoleon always preferred a lucky general over a good one.

He still lost though didn't he?!  Big Grin
(18-04-2023, 12:36 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]

Mikey come on, you don’t know who the transfer targets are, none of us do. Please stop listening to made up online rumours.
(18-04-2023, 01:20 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-04-2023, 01:11 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]Funny how signings that haven't worked out are shit signings but signings that have been positive are lucky signings.

Hughes appears to be quite lucky in the signings he recommends, which in itself makes him a lucky signing.

Do you think he just picks names out of a hat?
(18-04-2023, 02:06 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-04-2023, 01:20 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]

Do you think he just picks names out of a hat?

absolutely not
I was disagreeing with the comment about being lucky
(18-04-2023, 01:34 PM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-04-2023, 01:20 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Mind you, Napoleon always preferred a lucky general over a good one.

He still lost though didn't he?!  Big Grin

That would be because he let the bravest of the brave run the battle of Waterloo while Nap had a nap, Bravest of the Brave yes but cleverest of the clever definitely not. 
That and ignoring his generals who had fought against Wellington and told him not to attack him in a defensive position.
Bishop was signed before Hughes was at the club
Oops!