TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: retro shirts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great to see the club finally realising the market there is for these.

Do they do a heavy cotton shirt as per the fifties (championship) shirt?
If they do that in large sizes I'd snap one up!
Le coq sportif 83-85 and Umbro 85-87 is what we need . Classic shirts
(30-03-2023, 09:59 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Great to see the club finally realising the market there is for these.

They've had the late 60's white collar with blue & red stripes one in there for several years and they have always sold well so it is indeed surprising that it's ytaken so long to get other ones too.
Quite like the admiral one that Knightsy’s modelling. However, my favourite is the LeCoq one especially the white away.
(30-03-2023, 09:59 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Great to see the club finally realising the market there is for these.

Totally agree

I bought a couple from Toffs a few years ago now, medium and large. Could do with a XL now!
(31-03-2023, 09:52 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]

I bought a couple from Toffs a few years ago now, medium and large. Could do with a XL now!

I shall imagine the sizes will  start at XL due to us oldies probably the only ones  interested in the retro market. ?
I had a LeCoq Sportive shirt back in the day. My stepmother decided to iron it. (Who irons football shirts FFS?).
I was left with a classic football shirt with spunking great iron mark on the back. Thanks.
I have always liked the classic 60's shirt though.
(31-03-2023, 10:02 AM)2_Kuhl Wrote: [ -> ]
(31-03-2023, 09:52 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]

I shall imagine the sizes will  start at XL due to us oldies probably the only ones  interested in the retro market. ?

I gave my son all of my old shirts from the Bukta one we had from the 70s through to the Umbro 85/87 (my personal favourite) and he still wears them.  His first season watching was the play-off year under Jim Smith and I see that's one of the ones they're selling, so I imagine he'll be buying one tomorrow.

Funny thing about polyester is that if you leave it for 30+ years it shrinks.  Or at least that's got to be the reason why my old shirts would crush me like a boa constrictor if I tried to wear them today...
Have you turned into a Pumpkin then?
(31-03-2023, 11:01 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Have you turned into a Pumpkin then?

Big Grin very good.

I think I might have passed from being a regular pumpkin and am now in Atlantic giant pumpkin territory.  But that's got nothing to do with polyester stretching  Rolleyes
I believe that the way to grow a giant pumpkin is to feed it beer daily
(31-03-2023, 08:17 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Quite like the admiral one that Knightsy’s modelling. However, my favourite is the LeCoq one especially the white away.

where is it being modelled, I can only find the 2 on the front page of the OS
(31-03-2023, 02:43 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I believe that the way to grow a giant pumpkin is to feed it beer daily

I heard that too - going to find out starting with Staggeringly tomorrow!
(31-03-2023, 02:54 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(31-03-2023, 08:17 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Quite like the admiral one that Knightsy’s modelling. However, my favourite is the LeCoq one especially the white away.

where is it being modelled, I can only find the 2 on the front page of the OS

I think it was on the Pompey FB page.
(31-03-2023, 06:16 AM)Bedhamptonblue69 Wrote: [ -> ]Le coq sportif 83-85 and Umbro 85-87 is what we need . Classic shirts

That Le coq sportif 83-85 best ever.
(31-03-2023, 04:11 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]
(31-03-2023, 06:16 AM)Bedhamptonblue69 Wrote: [ -> ]Le coq sportif 83-85 and Umbro 85-87 is what we need . Classic shirts

That Le coq sportif 83-85 best ever.
I like the coq sportif one also but is it because it was my favourite period as a Pompey fan?
The Canterbury 2008-2009 third kit, the black one, was the best looking kit we’ve ever had.
(31-03-2023, 06:59 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]The Canterbury 2008-2009 third kit, the black one, was the best looking kit we’ve ever had.

It’s all subjective, one of my favourite away shirt was the gold away shirt the year we got promoted to the premier league.
(02-04-2023, 08:44 AM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]Do heterosexual adults not playing sport actually where football shirts out in public?

I know of at least two wives who think their bloke looks great in a shirt (my missus ain’t one of them).perhaps it’s a uniform thing.
I've got a 50s replica style cotton shirt, all blue, white turn down collar, three buttons, simple pompey crest. Wouldn't want to have played footy in it, be sweating like a bastard.
(02-04-2023, 08:44 AM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]Do heterosexual adults not playing sport actually where football shirts out in public?

Where?
(02-04-2023, 09:18 AM)Cleaver Greene Wrote: [ -> ]

Where?

He means 'ware'