TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Cricket and Pompey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was watching the dire English cricket this morning,but was cheered to see, front and centre of the sparse crowd, a young man wearing a pompey shirt.
Did he look anything like Rory Allen ?
He did say a young man, Rory must be in his forties by now.
Why Rory Allen Xterm ?
I was surprised though,what lengths some fans go to ,to avoid the football situation.
(05-03-2021, 06:31 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]Why Rory Allen Xterm ?
I was surprised though,what lengths some fans go to ,to avoid the football situation.

Isaac, Rory quit football & literally flew out to Australia to watch a Ashes tour.
I think i’ve stayed in his villa in Italy. Its very nice. If I thought we’d be able to travel this summer I’d love to go back.
(05-03-2021, 08:08 PM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2021, 06:31 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]Why Rory Allen Xterm ?

Isaac, Rory quit football & literally flew out to Australia to watch a Ashes tour.

Cheers BB. Didn't know that.
Anyway..English cricket manager OUT
Cricket..........what a waste of a good field.
Philistine  Wink
Cricket May to August
Football September to April (plus the FA Cup final in May)
That's all I require to be happy
(06-03-2021, 10:52 AM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Cricket May to August

Indeed. Happy days. Although currently test cricket only seems to need 3 days.
(06-03-2021, 11:49 AM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]

so they can come home and rest up before heading off to stay in india again (when somehow they don't get homesick only when they paly for England it seems)
(06-03-2021, 12:22 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2021, 11:49 AM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]

so they can come home and rest up before heading off to stay in india again (when somehow they don't get homesick only when they paly for England it seems)

hah yes.
(05-03-2021, 04:41 PM)hilsea12 Wrote: [ -> ]He did say a young man, Rory must be in his forties by now.

He still  is a young man conpared to a lot of the croaky old coonts on here mate.

Rory Allen came from Spuds, our first £1m player, IIRC he was a pretty decent striker when 100% fit which was only for the first 4/5 matches he played for us. Unfortunately he suffered a series of ankle & knee injuries and decided to give up professional football before he ending up a cripple.

Yes, England were playing Australia in the Ashes, so he had his contract cancelled by mutual consent and went off to join the Barmy Army.

He now works for the Civil Service, London area.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.ports...4969%3famp
Alan Rogers was a big Cricket fan when he was here. Sri Lanka have been poor opposition for England so far. 3 of their squad have been sent home for leaving their team hotel bubble
spot on
Funny how england making them a millionaire is stressful, indian cash must come with a good stash of something relaxing
Cricket is boring, made palatable only by Golf.
now watching golf on tv is boring!
(29-06-2021, 03:40 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]now watching golf on tv is boring!

Playing golf is great ... Heart it !!
nah a great walk ruined
although at a wedding a couple of years back we saw a couple of young men heading off down the fairway as the sun went down with a load of tinnies. Seemed a fair way to spend a Saturday evening (better than being at a wedding anyhow)