TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: 5 in a row
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Losing 5 in a row. If Pompey did that I suspect our manager might be getting virtually murdered on line.
How odd that it happens to even the best.
At home, first time in their history. Abysmal.
Surprising really how poorly Jurgen,Jose,Gunnar and Ralphy are doing
(06-03-2021, 07:43 AM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]At home, first time in their history. Abysmal.
Surprising really how poorly Jurgen,Jose,Gunnar and Ralphy are doing

I have wondered for some time (if anyone could be bothered to work it out) how different the stats would look for this season for home wins / away wins in each of the leagues compared to normal seasons. Pompey, Sunderland, Charlton, Manu, liverpool, to name just a few are having wacky seasons.
Yep,home advantage not so influencial with no fans.
Totally agree about home form and fans. and we all know that clubs that start to perform poorly at home find it very very difficult to turn it around. I recall Birmingham City having a season where we were against them for promotion where they were virtually unbeatable away and hardly won a game at home.
(06-03-2021, 12:18 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Totally agree about home form and fans. and we all know that clubs that start to perform poorly at home find it very very difficult to turn it around. I recall Birmingham City having a season where we were against them for promotion where they were virtually unbeatable away and hardly won a game at home.

Is that the year they beat us here 1-3 in April and we also lost another crucial home game the following game?
(06-03-2021, 12:56 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-03-2021, 12:18 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Totally agree about home form and fans. and we all know that clubs that start to perform poorly at home find it very very difficult to turn it around. I recall Birmingham City having a season where we were against them for promotion where they were virtually unbeatable away and hardly won a game at home.

Is that the year they beat us here 1-3 in April and we also lost another crucial home game the following game?

that sounds about right. Thanks very much for reminding me